Check your account email address ×

New Minnesota laws.

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Land of 10,000 laws. I can’t even snowmobile in Minnesota without getting a ticket for something. Never had an issue in Canada, Wisconsin or Michigan.

Michigan is 10,000 times worse than MN for sledding. They ticket you for riding in a ditch and then keep your license if you don’t have cash in the spot to pay it :lol: 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Michigan is 10,000 times worse than MN for sledding. They ticket you for riding in a ditch and then keep your license if you don’t have cash in the spot to pay it :lol: 

What if you don't have a license?

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sounds like New Hampshire with the fish cops.  I ride snowmobiles to escape all the bullshit, not to get pulled over daily because I'm 8 mph over the speed limit on a fast straight trail out in the middle of nowhere...

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 3

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Trail speed limits are coming to many States I'm told at meetings I attend.

Good luck enforcing them , it’s just another means of generating revenue for cops. 

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds like New Hampshire with the fish cops.  I ride snowmobiles to escape all the bullshit, not to get pulled over daily because I'm 8 mph over the speed limit on a fast straight trail out in the middle of nowhere...

Fish cops are the worst 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Good luck enforcing them , it’s just another means of generating revenue for cops. 

They will simply hire more Recreational Officers to enforce the Laws..if you run from them it's a Felony.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

They will simply hire more Recreational Officers to enforce the Laws..if you run from them it's a Felony.

Right , more cops ….that’s the entire point of shit like this. More laws and more cops. Fuck that 

Just now, f7ben said:

Right , more cops ….that’s the entire point of shit like this. More laws and more cops. Fuck that 

Nothing we can do about it, laws keep changing.. When I started riding in 1967 you didn't even need to register a sled.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Nothing we can do about it, laws keep changing.. When I started riding in 1967 you didn't even need to register a sled.

Well we can all stand in vocal opposition to it and elect people to local positions who want to reign in the police state. Less cops and less laws is the answer. 

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

yeah we got there and see the trails, and then the cops running radar in all the straights. drove me from going back. maine on the other hand was a breathe of fresh air. 45mph on an 850 sucks. ny is 55 but i will say they are good about not hitting you on the big straights. the ones i spoke to seemed to be soft on it to a point. not writing 8 mph over 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Well we can all stand in vocal opposition to it and elect people to local positions who want to reign in the police state. Less cops and less laws is the answer. 

Vocal is ok but it won't change the Laws or cause less Cops, remember when that was recently tried in some Cities, defund the Police, they quickly went back to the Cops.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Vocal is ok but it won't change the Laws or cause less Cops, remember when that was recently tried in some Cities, defund the Police, they quickly went back to the Cops.

They never defunded anything 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes , the cops are doing a wonderful job. More of the same please 

What's your personal experience with Cops? I have never had any issues with Cops, never had any tickets except back in 1969 for burning rubber, $23 fine, got stopped once for 12 over but was let go with a warning, that was in 1966.

Many of my friends were/are cops including 1 Granddaughter. My oldest daughter Theresa (deceased now) dated a Cops son.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

What's your personal experience with Cops? I have never had any issues with Cops, never had any tickets except back in 1969 for burning rubber, $23 fine, got stopped once for 12 over but was let go with a warning, that was in 1966.

Many of my friends were/are cops including 1 Granddaughter. My oldest daughter Theresa (deceased now) dated a Cops son.

I don’t have time to type all the disgusting shit I’ve seen from them. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I don’t have time to type all the disgusting shit I’ve seen from them. 

I just don’t want them around. For real life they’re mostly useless. Some are ok for emergency response but overall they’re just revenue stream and enforcement for the state 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

I just don’t want them around. For real life they’re mostly useless. Some are ok for emergency response but overall they’re just revenue stream and enforcement for the state 

Nah , they’re fucking useless there too 

Edited by f7ben