Check your account email address ×

Xcr800 smokes a new Polaris 850 in a drag race

Found it. The 850's are not in the same class. 

Stock 801-1000        
1st Vonnie Cone 1998 Arctic Cat T-Cat Fairmont, MN 112.49
2nd Jim Marsh 2017 Yamaha Rice Lake, WI 110.13
3rd Brian Krause 2000 Arctic Cat Winona, MN 109.54

Improved Stock 801 – 1000        
1st Mitchell Heutmaker 2007 Artic Cat F1000 Glenwood City, Mn 118.23
2nd Macy LaGesse 2001 Arctic Cat Bloomer, WI 111.11
3rd Casey Rosenbrook 2000 Arctic Cat Bloomer, WI 106.93

Just now, Badger** said:

We all gave up speed for a better ride. 

You think that 118mph 800 single pipe run was a trail class sled??? It was fucking slammed with a speed track , race seat etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Your faggot 500’ snow drags mean literally nothing. An 850 etec will beat any 800 cat ruthlessly save maybe a cfr ho

Ah 850 etec is basically a 700 that has some low end torque. They aren’t fast at all. Nice engine just BORING 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Ah 850 etec is basically a 700 that has some low end torque. They aren’t fast at all. Nice engine just BORING 

When they hit that 118 with that Cat the had alot money in getting the thing to squat down. 

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

No it makes good power , more pop everywhere than any cat 800. Motor is excellent. Mine would have put an easy 5-7 lengths on your RR in 1000’ if not more. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No it makes good power , more pop everywhere than any cat 800. Motor is excellent. Mine would have put an easy 5-7 lengths on your RR in 1000’ if not more. 

Let’s just say there be even. Puts both at a buss behind my greasy triple 

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Two completely different styles and eras of sleds.  Now do an Assault Boost.  I'm curious how my pig will do on top end with a 20x1.8x154 track and 180 hp.  I owned an XCR600 SP back in the day, same basic sled other than the motor, and they had plenty of top end for sure.

Don't need a boost.  Come over here and will show you how bad an assault will gape your POS.

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Don't need a boost.  Come over here and will show you how bad an assault will gape your POS.

Settle yourself.  I owned an Assault.  My brother owned 2 of them.  I'm in a Polaris promotional video singing their praises.   :lol:  They're great sleds, I'd never say otherwise.  If I wanted one, I'd have one.  i will tell you this, 0-80 do the math on 180 hp, 20x154x1.8 traction.  I have no clue beyond that cuz I haven't had a chance to see for myself.  I also know that my 19 Renegade turbo with 30 less hp had no trouble running down 850s on top end, so like I said, I'm curious how this thing will do top end wise.  If it goes 95-100 gps I'm happy.

Edited by DriftBusta

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Settle yourself.  I owned an Assault.  My brother owned 2 of them.  I'm in a Polaris promotional video singing their praises.   :lol:  They're great sleds, I'd never say otherwise.  If I wanted one, I'd have one.  i will tell you this, 0-80 do the math on 180 hp, 20x154x1.8 traction.  I have no clue beyond that cuz I haven't had a chance to see for myself.  I also know that my 19 Renegade turbo with 30 less hp had no trouble running down 850s on top end, so like I said, I'm curious how this thing will do top end wise.  If it goes 95-100 gps I'm happy.

Running down what 850? Some faggy back country or free ride with a 154 or some gay shit? 

The Assault has more of a chance to run down the older sleds than most all the new sled combined in 1000', its all about the attack of the track or the angle of the track but the Assault is just ok on the trail and off trail and it will never be a sled that is great at either one. No argument here just my opinion

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Running down what 850? Some faggy back country or free ride with a 154 or some gay shit? 

Another Renegade chassis like I had at the time.  Old Forge shootout #s show them quicker and faster than any of the 850s the one year they put us #s for them.  I don't have enough time on my new one to really judge, but the original 900 turbos were underated hp wise imo.  And believe me, I'd expect the hp on the new turbo to more likely be overrated than under.  I'm not expecting to be winning any top speed contests with it.  But I do expect it to launch like crazy.  I never had a chance to really wring out my last turbo top end wise, and then I geared it down and put a 1.75 track on it anyways, so no point after that.  Saw 110 with m XF1100 turbo 141 on GPS, 99 on a 14 Freeride with a 1.75 track, 94.9 on my Backcountry 146 w a 1.6"  The last sled I owned that would crack 120 on GPS was my Apex.  All stock motors btw.

10 minutes ago, Badger** said:

The Assault has more of a chance to run down the older sleds than most all the new sled combined in 1000', its all about the attack of the track or the angle of the track but the Assault is just ok on the trail and off trail and it will never be a sled that is great at either one. No argument here just my opinion

Agreed

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Ever ridden one? 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ever ridden one? 

Yes many times, fun sled but you work a little harder getting them around corners on the trails, honestly never ridden one off trail.  The Assault comes close to the older sleds in the way the track angle approaches the ground now take my 850 the track has a harder angle to the ground in turn it eats up more.

Steve your turn. :thumbsup:   

8 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Yes many times, fun sled but you work a little harder getting them around corners on the trails, honestly never ridden one off trail.  The Assault comes close to the older sleds in the way the track angle approaches the ground now take my 850 the track has a harder angle to the ground in turn it eats up more.

Steve your turn. :thumbsup:   

He really has a hard on for you, how long has this been going on?  :lol: 

• Haha 1