Check your account email address ×

IRS Is Starving

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, SkisNH said:

A regressive tax is a tax imposed in such a manner that the tax rate decreases as the amount subject to taxation increases.

We need a more progressive tax rate as we’ve already discussed . You haven’t refuted it.  Instead you talk in circles.  

Just now, SkisNH said:

You can't just say words without being challenged...you aren't joe biden and this isn't the MSM

You should ask the oligarchs what they propose and then do the opposite.  :lol: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

We need a more progressive tax rate as we’ve already discussed . You haven’t refuted it.  Instead you talk in circles.  

I already have shown you with real number and facts who actually pays the federal tax bill...you never respond directly and debate because you have nothing but platitudes. 

I case you missed it the first time 🙄

The top 5% pay 62% of the federal taxe burden....how much more should they pay? 

The top 25% pays 88% of the federal tax burden...how much more should they pay?

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

I case you missed it the first time 🙄

The top 5% pay 62% of the federal taxe burden....how much more should they pay? 

The top 25% pays 88% of the federal tax burden...how much more should they pay?

Followed up with several links you conveniently ignored.  Why are you carrying the oligarchs water?  

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Followed up with several links you conveniently ignored.  Why are you carrying the oligarchs water?  

I responded...I asked you if you got poorer because I got richer.  You act as if the pie is fixed. Did you know that an immigrant is 28x more likely to be a millionaire than someone here 2nd 3rd or 10th generation....it's because they still believe that anyone can succeed in America. 

They come here to work. You come here to bitch. 

15 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I responded...I asked you if you got poorer because I got richer.  You act as if the pie is fixed. Did you know that an immigrant is 28x more likely to be a millionaire than someone here 2nd 3rd or 10th generation....it's because they still believe that anyone can succeed in America. 

They come here to work. You come here to bitch. 

Wealth concentration is a real problem. The rich getting richer is a massive problem. Whatever we can do to combat that should be done. 

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wealth concentration is a real problem. The rich getting richer is a massive problem. Whatever we can do to combat that should be done. 

Without the profit motive people won't risk capital and the economy will grind to a halt. 

A small example let's say a rich guy own 100 duplexes....if we remove the profit motive he won't buy the 101st unit which gets rehabbed by a carpenter a plumber and an electrician...the materials wouldn't be bought for the kitchen and bath remodels etc...then the tax assessment goes up and helps fund the school system. 

The alternative looks like urban decay...

7 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Don't get me wrong I do fear the Uber riches ability to buy govt policy. 

That’s my fear , I’m not worried about the guy worth 5-10 million or something. It’s the billionaire class that’s the problem 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Without the profit motive people won't risk capital and the economy will grind to a halt. 

A small example let's say a rich guy own 100 duplexes....if we remove the profit motive he won't buy the 101st unit which gets rehabbed by a carpenter a plumber and an electrician...the materials wouldn't be bought for the kitchen and bath remodels etc...then the tax assessment goes up and helps fund the school system. 

The alternative looks like urban decay...

That’s such load of shit.  Even oligarchs admit it.  You’re a useful idiot for American Oligarchs.  

Did people stop pursuing wealth prior to measures oligarchs lobbied for which entitled them to even greater concentration of wealth?   

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

That’s such load of shit.  Even oligarchs admit it.  You’re a useful idiot for American Oligarchs.  

Did people stop pursuing wealth prior to measures oligarchs lobbied for which entitled them to even greater concentration of wealth?   

Why are most American Oligarchs democrats?

our homegrown American oligarchs. Consider Bill and Melinda Gates, Buffett, Tom Steyer, the Kochs, the Waltons, Michael Bloomberg, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Paul Singer, George Soros, Art Pope, Sheldon Adelson, Penny Pritzker, Pierre and Pamela Omidyar, Rupert Murdoch

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Why are most American Oligarchs democrats?

They are not.  But that’s the wrong question - why do American oligarchs lobby and support Repug tax policy while opposing D’s?

:owned: 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiasavchuk/2014/07/09/are-americas-richest-families-republicans-or-democrats/?sh=6c2eb35d3e83

AF40B693-41AC-46AA-99B8-4E057B89D8FD.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

our homegrown American oligarchs. Consider Bill and Melinda Gates, Buffett, Tom Steyer, the Kochs, the Waltons, Michael Bloomberg, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Paul Singer, George Soros, Art Pope, Sheldon Adelson, Penny Pritzker, Pierre and Pamela Omidyar, Rupert Murdoch

Hmmmm ... seems like toolkit's favorite guy isn't on that list??  Yet, I'm willing to bet it was the mean orange man that fueled this thread.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

They are not.  But that’s the wrong question - why do American oligarchs lobby and support Repug tax policy while opposing D’s?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiasavchuk/2014/07/09/are-americas-richest-families-republicans-or-democrats/?sh=6c2eb35d3e83

AF40B693-41AC-46AA-99B8-4E057B89D8FD.jpeg

The top 10 are mostly democrats.

• Like 2

Just now, Bontz said:

Hmmmm ... seems like toolkit's favorite guy isn't on that list??  Yet, I'm willing to bet it was the mean orange man that fueled this thread.

You really are dense.  You try - so i respond - but you are sense.  I already answered the inquiry about your dear leader. 

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

He fuels everything. The guys obsessed.