Check your account email address ×

The storm moving across the country.

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yup.  You know damn well that isn’t something some old guy would say.  

Fucking pussies….when I was kid we would be clearing the walk with a spoon, with old newspaper wrapped on feet,  we couldn’t afford shoes!!! 

It’s new generations and social media that’s destroyed it all. Glad we grew up in a much better  time 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

In Maine they're talking 6" of snow, then 3-4" of rain, 50 degrees and 40 mph winds, followed by cold temps and 4-5".  Conditions should be dreamy!  

That doesn't sound dreamy to me one bit.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure how old you are but do you remember the Blizzard of 78…epic!❄️👊🏻😜

05BF6B0A-6079-45EB-9C9F-E708501B4FF2.thumb.jpeg.bf72127d9f663dec651fa6f6997b96cc.jpeg

We lived in Southfield.  Went to visit grandparents in Jackson.  Took us like 18 hours to make it back home.  Huge 4 door LTD .  All you had was rear wheel drive.  People would help push a car to the top of the hill and then you would walk back down and help the next car get up.  That would never happen nowadays. We ended up abandoning our car at the end of our road and walking the rest of the way home. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Big nothing!!  Hasn’t stopped the media from pushing the dangerous weather conditions.  Smh. 

Well,  its cold and windy!!!!!  

"It was never about the snow" is what I've heard already a dozen times now this morning from the local news

11 hours ago, Cold War said:

We lived in Southfield.  Went to visit grandparents in Jackson.  Took us like 18 hours to make it back home.  Huge 4 door LTD .  All you had was rear wheel drive.  People would help push a car to the top of the hill and then you would walk back down and help the next car get up.  That would never happen nowadays. We ended up abandoning our car at the end of our road and walking the rest of the way home. 

I-95 blizzard of 78

02_07.2_1978.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

"It was never about the snow" is what I've heard already a dozen times now this morning from the local news

What a joke.  All they were talking about yesterday.   Road commission on news telling the plan of how they were going to deal with the huge snow totals.   This morning they are congratulating them on the great job of getting out front of the storm. 
what?   What storm?  Not enough to get my plow out. Maybe spread some salt around. :dunno:

• Haha 1

What a joke.  All they were talking about yesterday.   Road commission on news telling the plan of how they were going to deal with the huge snow totals.   This morning they are congratulating them on the great job of getting out front of the storm. 
what?   What storm?  Not enough to get my plow out. Maybe spread some salt around. :dunno:

:lol: Complete fucking joke. If I were this wrong at my job and then lied about it the next day I'd be let go

Yesterday - "You're all gonna die from the Snowmageddon bomb cyclone blizzard!!"

Today - "See I told you you'd be fine!!!"

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: Complete fucking joke. If I were this wrong at my job and then lied about it the next day I'd be let go

Yesterday - "You're all gonna die from the Snowmageddon bomb cyclone blizzard!!"

Today - "See I told you you'd be fine!!!"

The weather team!!!! :lol:
Lost an entire day yesterday prepping for storm.   Clearing parking lot,  getting everything moved.  

oh well,  back to the fear of having to deal with relatives who have different opinions than you at Christmas.  :suicide:

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup same here just drove in to work and it’s 55 and very little rain. Heavy wind few branches down but that’s about it. I didn’t even lose power which is a rarity. OVERHYPED as usual.

BFD

The weather team!!!! :lol:
Lost an entire day yesterday prepping for storm.   Clearing parking lot,  getting everything moved.  

oh well,  back to the fear of having to deal with relatives who have different opinions than you at Christmas.  :suicide:

There for a minute I was thinking maybe this huge storm would put the kibosh to the family Christmas Eve because we'd all be snowed in. Not that lucky I guess  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yup same here just drove in to work and it’s 55 and very little rain. Heavy wind few branches down but that’s about it. I didn’t even lose power which is a rarity. OVERHYPED as usual.

BFD

Massive power outages!!!   

Tips on how not die while running your generator.  

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

There for a minute I was thinking maybe this huge storm would put the kibosh to the family Christmas Eve because we'd all be snowed in. Not that lucky I guess  lol

It is a little windy out.  :hdchr:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Massive power outages!!!   

Tips on how not die while running your generator.  

It is a little windy out.  :hdchr:

:lol::bc:

Biden urged to run like hell. Storm of the century 

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

:lol::bc:

Biden urged to run like hell. Storm of the century 

Fear is a great motivator.   I bet we significantly boosted the economy around here. My daughter paid $50 for a plastic sled.  Stores and gas stations were packed with people prepping for massive storm. 

• Thanks 1