Check your account email address ×

Payrolls and wages blow past expectations, flying in the face of Fed rate hikes

14 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Everyone is an expert in a field they don’t actually work in. I see it nearly everyday. Not that people can’t be skilled in multiple areas but I’m a lot of times, I find these types of peoples skills fall way short of their mouths. That’s just me though. Plus, I trust very few people in this world so I’m biased. 

agree, see it quite often even around here with people handing out advice about vaccines and personal health care choices.  

personally I'd prefer to get some bad financial advice than some misguided medical advice. 

;)

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

agree, see it quite often even around here with people handing out advice about vaccines and personal health care choices.  

personally I'd prefer to get some bad financial advice than some misguided medical advice. 

;)

Maybe you don’t need to get advice from strangers on the internet? Or even take them seriously. :dunno:99% of it is all just opinion anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Maybe you don’t need to get advice from strangers on the internet? Or even take them seriously. :dunno:99% of it is all just opinion anyway. 

like certain 'news' networks? 

back to topic, the Federal Reserve needs to tread lightly for the short term imo as not to push the country into a recession and destroy the livelihood of the middle class.  the rich will be fine as they've become much richer since 2009 and the poor will still get their government handouts.  Wall Street has gotten enough free $ to play with and the amount of public and private debt needs to be addressed... by someone?  on the political side, if I were DeSantis or anyone out there considering running in 24 I would begin a Ross Perot style campaign against debt, deficits and federal spending NOW and keep the pressure cooker on high until the election.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

back to topic, the Federal Reserve needs to tread lightly for the short term imo as not to push the country into a recession and destroy the livelihood of the middle class.  the rich will be fine as they've become much richer since 2009 and the poor will still get their government handouts.  Wall Street has gotten enough free $ to play with and the amount of public and private debt needs to be addressed... by someone?  on the political side, if I were DeSantis or anyone out there considering running in 24 I would begin a Ross Perot style campaign against debt, deficits and federal spending NOW and keep the pressure cooker on high until the election.

The fed needs to push the country into a recession imo , the alternative is far far worse. They need to significantly reduce the money supply immediately , rates need to match or outpace inflation for the short term and when things start to get bad and contract then they will have plenty of bullets in their gun to normalize and put the economy back on a semi solid foundation. Anything else is simply kicking the can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The fed needs to push the country into a recession imo , the alternative is far far worse. They need to significantly reduce the money supply immediately , rates need to match or outpace inflation for the short term and when things start to get bad and contract then they will have plenty of bullets in their gun to normalize and put the economy back on a semi solid foundation. Anything else is simply kicking the can. 

but you also know they kowtow to Wall Street... more than any POTUS or government body. 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

but you also know they kowtow to Wall Street... more than any POTUS or government body. 

Of course , and that is the entirety of why the central bank should not exist. They use our wealth to serve the donor class and nothing more. They don’t serve Wall Street. They own Wall Street 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Totally agree on the news network part. Not sure why it’s always an “I gotchu” dig in nearly every one of your posts. We agree on almost everything except I believe there will never be a third party in this country, even though I hate both current parties. Is what it is. It all needs to burn down and start over some how because the politicians are paid for by the rich which are constantly controlling how the rest of us live and how the world is run. So financials and politics will always be tied together. Until people find a way to stop it. 

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That "someone" isn't going to be anybody in the industry who makes money off of it. Alot of it starts with parents, they need to pound it into their kids heads the burden of debt. 

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Totally agree on the news network part. Not sure why it’s always an “I gotchu” dig in nearly every one of your posts. We agree on almost everything except I believe there will never be a third party in this country, even though I hate both current parties. Is what it is. It all needs to burn down and start over some how because the politicians are paid for by the rich which are constantly controlling how the rest of us live and how the world is run. So financials and politics will always be tied together. Until people find a way to stop it. 

it's a character flaw... 

I wasn't suggesting third party, I was saying if I was going to run as a republican I'd push my party to focus on economic matters that have gone ignored by both sides and will clearly affect future generations.  Ross Perot did a great job dumbing down the fiscal issues back in 1992 with his charts and graphs to explain to people (voters) that some fundamental changes needed to take place.  It resonated with me... as a twenty year old back then and I still feel similarly today about the topic and matters. 

there is no free lunch and the free beer tomorrow sign never gets taken down. 

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

8813F85D-5458-4D79-8FB4-FC0638583C07.jpeg

no, nor did Trump 

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That "someone" isn't going to be anybody in the industry who makes money off of it. Alot of it starts with parents, they need to pound it into their kids heads the burden of debt. 

like politicians?  

these are topics democrats and republicans still choose not want to address in a coherent manner the common man can grasp... but someone needs to. 

his presentations were a little corny, but Ross was so right on so many things.   back then the debt was only $4T dollars... now we're at $31T  

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

If you need to cite, then you failed.  That defines ignorance.

Cite?  I'm licensed with a series 7, 66, SIE and AAMS certifications.  The CE is constant in this business to maintain your licenses, and it is far from an exact science.  I am not an economist, and I am not a salesman.  Neither is anyone here from what I can see, so talk is cheap.  I help people invest, pay for college, plan or live in retirement, etc..  I have fiduciary responsibility and authority to give others advice and sell an array of investment and insurance products.  I am not in the prediction game, and I am not interested in going back and forth with a few who are more interested in insulting me or playing gotcha.  Ben does it all the time, calls me a rake, that I rip off old ladies, etc.. sorry no bueno.  There are many people out there who do their own thing, manage their own investments, thats fine.  There are many out there who are pretty sharp with their investments, again, fine.  Most are not, and thats where I come in.  My biggest pet peeve are people who know a little but think they know a lot, when its not even close.

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

10 "I"s in one post. Racingchick may have a challenger :lol:

Hey he asked, he/him/his answered.  That better for you Clara?  :lol:  Weird take and from the guy who always accuses others of following him around.