Check your account email address ×

2023 Iron Dog - the toughest race known to man

AK440

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I saw cains quest by the Canadians is tougher. They have more snow, polar bears, moose, and wolves 

an NSP clutch kit and a sat phone with a certain number programmed into it assures survival and potential victory... allegedly.

6 hours ago, Badger** said:

Like any of us on this site could run in the ID. :lol:

Anyone can race the pro class. All it takes is paying the entry fee.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

It’s not hard to do. It is hard to do it quickly on no snow

For fucks sake, do some research. They have plenty of snow this year. They had plenty of snow last year and the year before and the year before that. They have more snow than whatever hick town you live in. They have more snow than the pathetic 3” of crusty, crystallized shit you have that covers the road ditch you ride in. 

I love how everyone thinks the low snow, 2015 race is what the ID  is all about. I wouldn’t even own a new sled if I had to ride the lame ass groomed trail network most lower 48 dumbass sled heads think is “snow”mobiling. 

Ski-doo is winning and Polaris sleds are breaking. Fucking Maytrx can’t hold together, total piece of shit. One guy quit cause he blew his back out from the rear skid falling apart on a Maytrx. It’s gotta be hard to come out with a better skid design than the 13 year old R-motion.

The Wisconsin team is out. 

What to say, where to start, or how to say it... months of preparation going into the Iron Dog and it ended with a blown engine (crank bearing most likely based on the prior symptoms). Leah and Jacob had a great run going over day 1 and 2 with no damage, clean sleds, healthy spirits, and no injuries ---- one of the few teams that had a clean run going. Coming into Ruby though Jacob's sled developed a knock. In Ruby he put octane booster in but the knock got progressively worse. On the Yukon the knock got unbearable and the sled lost power several times to the point it died. On the Yukon, they swapped pipe sensors, spark plugs, coils, etc. Nothing worked. They limped Jacob's sled into Galena where it died trying to get into the fuel stop. After hours of looking into it and deliberation they made the tough call to scratch.
Jacob and Leah apologize to our family, friends, the hard work of our sponsors, and everyone who put so much physical, mental, and financial support into our team to make this happen. We really appreciate everyone and we are extremely bummed out to be taken out a second year in a row by mechanical issue out of our control. Just bad luck.

May be an image of 6 people, snowmobile and outdoors

4 hours ago, AK440 said:

For fucks sake, do some research. They have plenty of snow this year. They had plenty of snow last year and the year before and the year before that. They have more snow than whatever hick town you live in. They have more snow than the pathetic 3” of crusty, crystallized shit you have that covers the road ditch you ride in. 

I love how everyone thinks the low snow, 2015 race is what the ID  is all about. I wouldn’t even own a new sled if I had to ride the lame ass groomed trail network most lower 48 dumbass sled heads think is “snow”mobiling. 

At one time, you couldn't have a pair of rookies race together.  You had to have a vet race with a rookie.

I used to have the rules saved somewhere.  I think one rule is you have to finish with the windshield you started with, or something like that.   I guess that is why you sometimes see teams starting with 2 windshields stacked together as their way around it.

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

You said before that the mud race was because of global warming, is that no longer a thing?

The EXT is considered a new sled up there?

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

Ski-doo is winning and Polaris sleds are breaking. Fucking Maytrx can’t hold together, total piece of shit. One guy quit cause he blew his back out from the rear skid falling apart on a Maytrx. It’s gotta be hard to come out with a better skid design than the 13 year old R-motion.

Maybe the Polaris teams just couldn't afford to have parts flown in?  Or Toutuk the native was on a glue bender and couldn't be reached?

He probably hurt his back from sleeping on gymnasium floor at the school.

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

You do realize 3 out of the five top teams are on Polaris sleds.  

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You said before that the mud race was because of global warming, is that no longer a thing?

The EXT is considered a new sled up there?

Maybe the Polaris teams just couldn't afford to have parts flown in?  Or Toutuk the native was on a glue bender and couldn't be reached?

He probably hurt his back from sleeping on gymnasium floor at the school.

Team 10 is directly sponsored by Polaris and Polaris Racing. Money and air support and not an issue. They were testing the shit box Maytrx for a whole season before that chassis was released to the public. 

7 minutes ago, Badger** said:

It won’t be long before those teams also shit out and break. Ski-doo is well on the way to another championship. 

The race is rougher than normal this year due to the deep snow. Deep snow makes deep whoops. The Polaris skid has a known problem in that it binds when the center shock first hits a bump and tries coupling the rear arm. Polaris couldn’t copy the R-motion geometry exactly due to patent restrictions thus it’s fucked up. It likes to self destruct with prolonged use in really rough conditions. 

7 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Here is everything you need to know Badger.

On 2/18/2023 at 4:18 PM, AK440 said:

fewer and fewer people give a shit about the Iron Dog

The whole concept of the race is fucked.

The race has very little to do with skill or speed

On 2/18/2023 at 4:56 PM, AK440 said:

The race has gotten super boring. 

Only a dipshit or some wealthy person looking for an adventure would enter the race to compete.

The Iron Dog is never going to grow and will continue to fade away into obscurity 

The winning riders in the Iron Dog are the ones who are already quite wealthy. It’s not a race for the average guy. 

5 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Team AC seems to be a total DNF @AK440

That’s too bad, only one Cat team left then. 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

At one time, you couldn't have a pair of rookies race together.  You had to have a vet race with a rookie.

I used to have the rules saved somewhere.  I think one rule is you have to finish with the windshield you started with, or something like that.   I guess that is why you sometimes see teams starting with 2 windshields stacked together as their way around it.

I think those rules date back to the 80’s or 90’s. 

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

Here is everything you need to know Badger.

Go back to watching your gay friends race along a highway ditch hitting trucker bombs and breathing in piss tasting snowdust.

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

Team 10 is directly sponsored by Polaris and Polaris Racing. Money and air support and not an issue. They were testing the shit box Maytrx for a whole season before that chassis was released to the public. 

It won’t be long before those teams also shit out and break. Ski-doo is well on the way to another championship. 

The race is rougher than normal this year due to the deep snow. Deep snow makes deep whoops. The Polaris skid has a known problem in that it binds when the center shock first hits a bump and tries coupling the rear arm. Polaris couldn’t copy the R-motion geometry exactly due to patent restrictions thus it’s fucked up. It likes to self destruct with prolonged use in really rough conditions. 

That's a bold prediction and you know you're going to be eating ass if Polaris wins. Me I don't give a shit.