Check your account email address ×

Boebert could still lose.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If half the country doesn't trust the electoral process, maybe the government would take steps to restore that faith, instead of demonizing and delegitimizing them.  That will only serve to polarize them which is not healthy for the country.  All this bullshit could be eliminated if unsolicited mail in ballots were banned.  Show up, show your id, place your vote, and announce the results that day.  This one week later bullshit is insane.

Otb, really?  Half? 

I agree with much of what you said below that.  Here's a few ways to possibly make in person more palatable.  Stop having election day on a Tuesday.  Have it on a Saturday instead of when normal people are at work.  Mandate that all votes for a federal election must be tabulated within 48 hours past midnight of the voting day.  Mail-in votes must be postmarked seven days before the election or they don't count.  Get rid of drop boxes completely.  Require ID's with no exceptions.   

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Otb, really?  Half? 

I agree with much of what you said below that.  Here's a few ways to possibly make in person more palatable.  Stop having election day on a Tuesday.  Have it on a Saturday instead of when normal people are at work.  Mandate that all votes for a federal election must be tabulated within 48 hours past midnight of the voting day.  Mail-in votes must be postmarked seven days before the election or they don't count.  Get rid of drop boxes completely.  Require ID's with no exceptions.   

The only reason some of this changed was due to the pandemic.  Yes everything here I agree with and no unsolicited ballots.

And just make it a holiday for everyone, not just a few public workers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Otb, really?  Half? 

I agree with everything here except voting on a Saturday. If it's so hugely important to get people to vote, which it is in my opinion, make voting day a federal holiday and give everyone the day off paid.

Just now, racer254 said:

The only reason some of this changed was due to the pandemic.  Yes everything here I agree with and no unsolicited ballots.

And just make it a holiday for everyone, not just a few public workers.

Yup, pandy2020 measures should have ended in 2020 

the best way to quell fraud claims from either side imo is to eliminate as many ways as possible to cheat.  I feel most want to trust we have safe and secure elections.  if both parties could agree to terms it would benefit all.  would or could they?  IDK

if there's one takeaway from the J6 mess that politicians should have learned it's that they need to instill confidence back in voters that the system isn't rife with fraud.  ATM, doesn't look like either side is doing squat which should make all of us a bit upset.

2 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I agree with everything here except voting on a Saturday. If it's so hugely important to get people to vote, which it is in my opinion, make voting day a federal holiday and give everyone the day off paid.

the corporate overlords would never allow it brah... $$$

Workplaces are required to allow time off for voting ...... so that aspect of it should be a non-issue.  I do agree though, just setting aside the day as a holiday would be the easiest approach - and it's not like we don't have holidays for other extraordinary reasons already.  Bottom line is, the electoral process and the integrity of it, is a huge concern.  The next issue they need to figure out is, how to apply the electoral vote process to individual states, so metro areas don't carry the majority of a state's results.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Workplaces are required to allow time off for voting ...... so that aspect of it should be a non-issue.  I do agree though, just setting aside the day as a holiday would be the easiest approach - and it's not like we don't have holidays for other extraordinary reasons already.  Bottom line is, the electoral process and the integrity of it, is a huge concern.  The next issue they need to figure out is, how to apply the electoral vote process to individual states, so metro areas don't carry the majority of a state's results.

end gerrymandering all together as well... 

let math set the districts, not color of skin or financial status.

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Tony is spot on.  MTG and Boebert are the very least of our worries.  They're just the shiny object that the media is conditioning the public to obsess over.

are they? 

this seems... we'll, you can read it and decide.

MTG calls for gop civil war...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-gop-civil-war-midterms-b2224963.html

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

are they? 

this seems... we'll, you can read it and decide.

MTG calls for gop civil war...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-gop-civil-war-midterms-b2224963.html

Right..ignore  their crazy bullshit but rant about Pelosi daily….makes sense.🤔😉

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

MTG isn't 3rd in line to the POTUS.  She would never be voted in for Speaker, but with dems, we have Biden, then Harris, then Pelosi.  Think about that. 

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

MTG isn't 3rd in line to the POTUS.  She would never be voted in for Speaker, but with dems, we have Biden, then Harris, then Pelosi.  Think about that. 

That’s fine but if R’s gain control of the house that all changes…think about that.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have no love for Nancy either but Trumpy people like MTG who constantly blather batshit crazy things deserve no seat in the united states congress from my pov 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I have no love for Nancy either but Trumpy people like MTG who constantly blather batshit crazy things deserve no seat in the united states congress from my pov 

Agreed.👌🏻

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What do you mean crazy, don't you know there are lizard people?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Ah yes, it is only "trumpy" people.  :smack:

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Half the country doesn’t trust the election process. Which half you might ask? The half that’s against participation trophies. :lol: 

Oh for fucks sake! I don't care for participation trophies, either. And I do believe the election process needs to be spruced up a bit, but as discussed earlier those tweeks aren't going to happen. Does that put me in the "bad" half? Is the status quo working? Well I suppose if you're on the winning side it is..........