Check your account email address ×

WHO'S A BIG GOOD BOY !!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Good on you Dave. I need to stop for a while myself. The only thing i was afraid of in retirement is that i might start drinking too much. Yep it happened. It also affects my sleep so i think its already time to cut way back. 

Nice sled Ben. That baby should get with the program once all done. What cc will it end up being?  What fuel will you have to run to make 180hp. 

Thanks Tom :bc:

The beer goes down even better when ya know you dont have to go to work the next day. :lol:

Edited by Dave

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Easy to say... Hard to do. :lol:

I know.  :lol:first time I lost weight , I did an heavy protein diet. Worked awesome.  Lost around 60 lbs. But then I was losing too much ,so I re introduced some carbs back in and fucked myself in the ass:flush:

Now I'm doing my old motox workout regiment ,with a light protein diet ,so that should stick. Working out sucks,cause it's way easier to fall off the wagon . 

Thing to remember is to still enjoy life,a few beers here and there,a few whiskeys whatever . Don't deplete yourself of anything  . Enjoy everything.  Just be sensible :bong:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Dave said:

I might have a few at the 1st atv derby of the yr....but im afraid it will taste so good i will fall off the wagon. :lol:

You're on the wagon? My condolences. :bc:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Good on you Dave. I need to stop for a while myself. The only thing i was afraid of in retirement is that i might start drinking too much. Yep it happened. It also affects my sleep so i think its already time to cut way back. 

Nice sled Ben. That baby should get with the program once all done. What cc will it end up being?  What fuel will you have to run to make 180hp. 

It will end up a 1005 and I'm gonna have the 800 heads cut for 87 octane. Should make low 180's with the stock pipes

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It will end up a 1005 and I'm gonna have the 800 heads cut for 87 octane. Should make low 180's with the stock pipes

That is a big jump in cc s. Are you getting new  bored out cylinders ?

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

That is a big jump in cc s. Are you getting new  bored out cylinders ?

Nope , stock 1000 thundercat cylinders bolt right up. You then use ZR 700 pistons and a .050 base shim and a base gasket on either side of that shim. The 700 pistons are something like .070 taller from the pin to the crown so the port timing etc ends up correct. 65mm stroke and 81mm bore. Its basically just a stock thundercat motor with a .6mm longer stroke and a 2mm smaller wrist pin. Everyone says the 1005 runs harder than the stock 998 tcat motor

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Curious as to how hard the ZRT 600 runs....there is one in decent shape on CL for 500 bucks and I thought it might be a fun trail ride for short money. A buddy of mine had a new one but hell that was damn near 20 years ago...fuck I'm getting old. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Curious as to how hard the ZRT 600 runs....there is one in decent shape on CL for 500 bucks and I thought it might be a fun trail ride for short money. A buddy of mine had a new one but hell that was damn near 20 years ago...fuck I'm getting old. :lol:

What year? I think they made one with power valves in 01 or 02 and I bet that one runs well 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What year? I think they made one with power valves in 01 or 02 and I bet that one runs well 

IIRC it's a 98....I'm going to look for a newer one on the cheap. :bc:

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

2001 got the valves and made over 120 hp .....I'd like to have one of those 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old indy said:

One more  thing to complete this one bennyhanna:

SILBER.     :rockernana:

2 stroke turbos ....especially carb setups....are not for me :lol:

17 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Get the jetting and clutching setup right on that ZRT 600 and you'll be surprised. I lived on a lake when I had one and only the dialed in big bores could beat it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Almost bought a srx in 97, but I bought my xcr700 instead.  Would have loved to have a srx

Think 98 was the 1st yr for the srx 700

srx was pretty bad ass for sure. I remember riding with a group of them down the river one time and I had the ole zr 600 doing over 100 on the speedo and one of those srx's passed me like I was towing an anchor. I could get them all out of the hole but they had probably 15-20mph on me on the big end :lol: