Check your account email address ×

the glacier is never likely to return...

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We have a shitload of glacial carving here in the river valley.  Our house is built right on the edge of what once was the high water mark.  Rib 'Mountain' was what the glaciers and rivers weren't able to carve out.  We still have skiing here, same prick that closed the trail in the UP owns it.  The earth has been warming since the last ice age when all the Jesus horses were killed.  We're due for another big asteroid to slam into the earth.  Maybe it's part of the plan

https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/parks/ribmt/history#:~:text=Rib Mountain%2C formerly called Rib,the highest point in Wisconsin.

what about Manhattan Bob?

St. Peter's Dome is the 2nd highest point in Sconnie, ever been up there on your snowmobile??

20140201StPetersDome15.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

St. Peter's Dome is the 2nd highest point in Sconnie, ever been up there on your snowmobile??

For all the years we've ridden that area ... I'm shocked we've never been up there!??!  Granted, we normally work our way northeast from Cayuga and rarely head towards Mellen - but we've definitely been that way.  Gonna have to give this a serious look/consideration because it looks pretty sweet!

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

no, need to add that to my list

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

And just for accuracy, the Twin Cities was 76 today (Novermber 2nd) this year, a record high for the date in 2022!!  Woohoo!!

are we allowed to say Indian summer any longer?

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Don't forget ... cell service so you can call Ricky in the middle of the night.  You know, before the wolves and polar bears get you! :roflcrying:  I can see it now, Rick bragging about winning some sort of humanitarian award for saving lives!!

SelfassuredCourageousBlackrhino-small.gif.8cdb96c7962b3a5de4dbd391b8c96616.giffire.thumb.jpg.2688bd70c69f5b4ad147aa950aed5227.jpgIMG_20211108_160447446_HDR.thumb.jpg.feec8bb9057b78ebc622e747e5c62298.jpg

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Climate change ... pfffft :news:  Anyone believing it's an actual impact to our survival as a planet is as dumb and gullible as an AOC voter.  Let's hype up a topic that we have data on for roughly the past 100 years and try to put it into context for what's been going on for millions of years.  Their motto should be, "If you don't know what DUMB AF means ... you're it."

google.gif.2ac77a31e12e3941e456b237f895d3f8.gif

52 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

In Walworth County Wisconsin along a hilly  area of the West side of STH 89 I found 1000's of Ocean type sea shells there, couldn't figure out how that happened till someone in our Lab said it was once Ocean.

I have a few unusual treasures I've saved from what you and I were chatting about.  ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Bontz said:

For all the years we've ridden that area ... I'm shocked we've never been up there!??!  Granted, we normally work our way northeast from Cayuga and rarely head towards Mellen - but we've definitely been that way.  Gonna have to give this a serious look/consideration because it looks pretty sweet!

The greenies put a stop to riding up there about 8 years ago.  They put this sign up - the last time I was up there I rode right past it.

It's not an easy climb in a few places, but the first time I hiked up there and saw the carbide marks on the rocks, I said I would never hike up there again!  

StPetersDome5.JPG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, need to add that to my list

:thumbsup:

are we allowed to say Indian summer any longer?

SelfassuredCourageousBlackrhino-small.gif.8cdb96c7962b3a5de4dbd391b8c96616.giffire.thumb.jpg.2688bd70c69f5b4ad147aa950aed5227.jpgIMG_20211108_160447446_HDR.thumb.jpg.feec8bb9057b78ebc622e747e5c62298.jpg

google.gif.2ac77a31e12e3941e456b237f895d3f8.gif

I have a few unusual treasures I've saved from what you and I were chatting about.  ;)

I have a box of arrowheads I've found including a perfect 1 I found last year on The Tuscobia Trail, looks like it was made yesterday.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I have a box of arrowheads I've found including a perfect 1 I found last year on The Tuscobia Trail, looks like it was made yesterday.

I have my father's arrowheads he found in the 1950's, amazing how sharp they are 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

those who know, know. ;)

:violin:

sounds like scientific rubbish D 

:)

there's a few places I've been on the WI/UP border where you can see magma shoots.  we've a ton of interesting geology in our area.  didn't they recently find another nearly intact T-Rex in the Dakota's?  those were big lizards and lizards of that nature can't thrive in cold climates.  the earth is an interesting and wonderful place.  

Here it is:

https://www.wpr.org/class-discovers-trace-fossil-rocks-dating-back-more-500m-years-northern-wisconsin

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

go read the rest of the posts Mr Silly

Dude I read it.   Just because its going away doesn't mean it won't return at some point. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Dude I read it.   Just because its going away doesn't mean it won't return at some point. 

for a glacier of that size to return would likely require a cataclysmic event I don't feel most of us would survive... so here's to hoping for that.  :thumbsup: 

wonder more about when we'll have the first ridable snow... 

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

for a glacier of that size to return would likely require a cataclysmic event I don't feel most of us would survive... so here's to hoping for that.  :thumbsup: 

wonder more about when we'll have the first ridable snow... 

The next ice age is likely to be the next cataclysmic event that changes all mankind.   See warming is good! 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

11 billion snow crab gone. Canary in the coal mine. 

11 billion?   Damn....did all 11 billion call to say they were leaving?  :lol:  

I love how its not some left or a percentage but ALL 11 billion....from the bottom of the ocean just up and left.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The next ice age is likely to be the next cataclysmic event that changes all mankind.   See warming is good! 

Well there's too many of us on the 🌍 which might not be helpful? 

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well there's too many of us on the 🌍 which might not be helpful? 

How do you know that?  Where is the manual that says the planet can only maintain 8 billion people?

Let me guess....experts say.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

How do you know that?  Where is the manual that says the planet can only maintain 8 billion people?

Let me guess....experts say.  :lol:  

I have a graph to help you :)

2130977814_nothingburger.thumb.png.0151dfff7eab3150d3d6c386b9473010.png

get it? 

:roflcrying:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

get it? 

During one of the last ice ages they estimate that the "human" population was down to around 600 and guess what happened?   The earth warmed up.  Oh no!  

How can you prove that we are not just warming up to what is "normal?"   You can't nor can anyone else because what is normal is subjective.  Funny how they take the baseline when we started taking temperatures back in the late 1800's and assume that is what global temps are suppose to be on a planet 4.5 billion years old.

Many people much smarter than you or I think we are heading for a population collapse and that it has nothing to do with climate.  

Here's a graph for you.  Damn you mean temperature has been going up and down for hundreds of thousands of year before mankind?   No fucking way!    Oops. 

epica_temperature.png

giphy (7).gif

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

get it? 

Covid narrative brainwashing - check 

Ukraine narrative brainwashing - check