Check your account email address ×

Who Should Have the Dems put in for Pres and VP in 2020?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The GOP is basically the same party they've been.   The left has changed dramatically. 

You're joking right?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

debatable

when's the last time there were Republicans supporting Democrats during an election.

Not really debatable when you look at the issues.

Abortion: GOP hasn't changed left has went from safe, legal and rare to up till birth (and even after) no matter the reason and the fed govt will pay for it.

LGBTQ issues:   GOP hasn't changed if anything swung a bit to the center left has went hard left.   Both Clinton and Obama were originally in favor of the defensive marriage act and that's just the tip of the iceberg on this issue. 

Crime:   Clinton signed the 94 crime bill now the left screams defund the police, cashless bail and letting violent people out of prison.   GOP hasn't changed on crime.

Taxes:  Clinton cut CG taxes and Obama raised income taxes "mildly."   If it was up to the current democrats the TMR would be 90%.  GOP unchanged.   Keep money in the hands of the people. 

Education:  Democraps really going hard after free college now.  GOP same stance on ed spending. 

Environment:   Democraps have went batshit on this and wanted to spend trillions on green new deal.   GOP if anything has become way more accepting of things such as EV's and fossil fuel use.

Foreign Policy:  Democraps are becoming the neocon's of the party from the 60's.   GOP were always war mongers.

Elections:  I can show you video after video of the left saying how dangerous some forms of voting are.   Now anything goes. 

Freedoms:   Left went from question everything govt does to question nothing and like it.  The left even wants to regulate speech now.   GOP still supports a weakened 4th but is much stronger on the 1st and 2nd than the left.   This hasn't changed over time. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Tell me where the GOP has swung right?  :news:

The old GOP would never have let someone like Trump ruin the party.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

The old GOP would never have let someone like Trump ruin the party.

Maybe so but overall Trump's policies were more inline with traditional GOP stances than the current dem party is with theirs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Maybe so but overall Trump's policies were more inline with traditional GOP stances than the current dem party is with theirs. 

Both parties have changed ALOT! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Abortion: GOP hasn't changed left has went from safe, legal and rare to up till birth (and even after) no matter the reason and the fed govt will pay for it.

LGBTQ issues:   GOP hasn't changed if anything swung a bit to the center left has went hard left.   Both Clinton and Obama were originally in favor of the defensive marriage act and that's just the tip of the iceberg on this issue. 

Crime:   Clinton signed the 94 crime bill now the left screams defund the police, cashless bail and letting violent people out of prison.   GOP hasn't changed on crime.

Taxes:  Clinton cut CG taxes and Obama raised income taxes "mildly."   If it was up to the current democrats the TMR would be 90%.  GOP unchanged.   Keep money in the hands of the people. 

Education:  Democraps really going hard after free college now.  GOP same stance on ed spending. 

Environment:   Democraps have went batshit on this and wanted to spend trillions on green new deal.   GOP if anything has become way more accepting of things such as EV's and fossil fuel use.

Foreign Policy:  Democraps are becoming the neocon's of the party from the 60's.   GOP were always war mongers.

Elections:  I can show you video after video of the left saying how dangerous some forms of voting are.   Now anything goes. 

Freedoms:   Left went from question everything govt does to question nothing and like it.  The left even wants to regulate speech now.   GOP still supports a weakened 4th but is much stronger on the 1st and 2nd than the left.   This hasn't changed over time. 

I applaud your response, truly.

That said, I'm now going to vote for Democrats so our daughter can go to college for free and instead of using the money we've saved for it we'll get a new tax subsidized EV and a vacation to the south of France. 

:roflcrying:

but seriously, that's a great response 

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Yet you can't articulate how the GOP has moved to the right?

so the question is, how do both parties diverge from their wingnut factions without losing elections because of it?

the D's need their wingnut voters 

the R's absolutely need their wingnut voters (look at 2020)

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Massive :owned: right there but you forgot a big one................The border.......Democraps let illegals flood in like cockroaches.

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I applaud your response, truly.

That said, I'm now going to vote for Democrats so our daughter can go to college for free and instead of using the money we've saved for it we'll get a new tax subsidized EV and a vacation to the south of France. 

:roflcrying:

but seriously, that's a great response 

and a new catalyst

• Haha 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

so the question is, how do both parties diverge from their wingnut factions without losing elections because of it?

the D's need their wingnut voters 

the R's absolutely need their wingnut voters (look at 2020)

Everyone knows it's the independents that win elections. It's honestly a crap shoot. Both parties are to blame for bad candidates that represent them. Trump lost the election. He would've lost no matter who the Dems had. I think even Hillary would've beat him.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Massive :owned: right there but you forgot a big one................The border.......Democraps let illegals flood in like cockroaches.

Both parties to a certain extent always looked the other way.   Now the left promotes open border the GOP never did.  The GOP primarily changed because of Trump.   That probably is a move to the "right."  One of a few. 

Clinton and Obama said in SoTU speeches about secure borders and legally entering the country.   Now look a the democraps. 

Edited by Highmark

31 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

someone needs to make your triple cheeseburger, pick your vegetables, pack your meat and weed whack your lawn... as I don't see liberal or conservative raised American kids doing it.

what we need imo is some common fng sense immigration reform laws.

https://www.cairn.info/revue-francaise-d-etudes-americaines-2007-3-page-70.htm

let's not skip over GW here

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

someone needs to make your triple cheeseburger, pick your vegetables, pack your meat and weed whack your lawn... as I don't see liberal or conservative raised American kids doing it.

GW loved him some cheap labor.

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Yes, and if one reads the article they will likely learn something about where we are today politically about the topic. 

it's not from CNN... :lolz:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes, and if one reads the article they will likely learn something about where we are today politically about the topic. 

I was going to bring it up earlier, but I didn't want to break Highmarks heart.

:lol:

You can go back as far as Reagan. He liked open borders as well.

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

But,But….Kari Lake and Steve Bannon say…..kind of amazing that people don’t know the history of the border issues.🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I would never support open borders. 

Have you seen the crazy shit some of the Canadians post here everyday?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That's another problem with this country, we have way too many self important, stuffed shirt, over educated idiots who think they're above doing real work. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's another problem with this country, we have way too many self important, stuffed shirt, over educated idiots who think they're above doing real work. 

amen 

did you read the article?

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Both parties to a certain extent always looked the other way.   Now the left promotes open border the GOP never did.  The GOP primarily changed because of Trump.   That probably is a move to the "right."  One of a few. 

Clinton and Obama said in SoTU speeches about secure borders and legally entering the country.   Now look a the democraps. 

28 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Glad you're on top of it.  :lol: