Check your account email address ×

Poo stock Boost only makes 183 hp at Dynotech

krom

10 hours ago, HSR said:

Maybe Badger and Olav had one on the dyno :dunno:

Do you know Olav?? What kind of dyno does he use that will give you a good starting point. :thumbsup: Have you ever had a sled on a dyno Steve?? 9_9 

That rent free is showing, way to easy.  :whistle:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I figured out what this thread is lacking... 

and boy howdy does he throw Jim under the bus... along with BMP and everyone else.

:lmao:

His vids always crack me up. The guys a crackpot:lol:

1 hour ago, HSR said:

His vids always crack me up. The guys a crackpot:lol:

HOW DARE YOU.............

I have no stake in their game, but I'll give ole Rich credit for lambasting some big names in the performance side on YouTube.  :lol2:

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I had that one posted with the other one and removed it as the other one is more 'ranty'. :)

where'd his website go?  https://dynoport.com/

He was meeting with Alex for coffee and doughnuts this morning and forgot to turn the website back on 

On 11/4/2022 at 1:06 PM, HSR said:

Maybe Badger and Olav had one on the dyno :dunno:

Olav has lost it in his old age. The last 3 sets of pipes we tried from him made no more power than stock, with one making less than stock.

And the fit was so far off that the hoods wouldn't even close on 2 of them

6 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Olav has lost it in his old age. The last 3 sets of pipes we tried from him made no more power than stock, with one making less than stock.

what are these hoods you speak of ?  :)

seriously, who does a good job of making pipes these days?  even if just copying a stock system that requires replacement that's NLA and ceramic coating it

14 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Olav has to be in his late 70's early 80's.  I think Larry Rugland about the same age is still building competitive engines despite have a stroke 3-4 years ago.  Larry either liked you or he didn't.  Still have a set of Ultra pipe from him that ran well.

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Olav has to be in his late 70's early 80's.  I think Larry Rugland about the same age is still building competitive engines despite have a stroke 3-4 years ago.  Larry either liked you or he didn't.  Still have a set of Ultra pipe from him that ran well.

I thought Larry got out of it after he had his stroke? 

35 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

That's too bad. He did a lot for the sport over the years.His books alone :thumb:

17 minutes ago, Doug said:

Larry's nephew used to own a dealership north of me back in the 90's. He used to sell xlt's with Pro 5 pipes installed and honour the warranty. 2 guys I know had them and they ran flawlessly,well for about as long as any xlt engine.

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

He was 71-72 back in 2016 and he was pretty shaky back then. Nice guy and he made it so the sled was fast enough to fight off the stock 850's.

The kicker is Olav used household wiring to wire up some of the stuff on my sled that I had to redo.   

7 minutes ago, Badger** said:

He was 71-72 back in 2016 and he was pretty shaky back then. Nice guy and he made it so the sled was fast enough to fight off the stock 850's.

The kicker is Olav used household wiring to wire up some of the stuff on my sled that I had to redo.   

What were you running for clutching with the pipe? Interested in what you and him came up with?

Bought some roller sleds from Burt Bassett at Pro-5.  Last one was a 1999 Edge XCR that I put a 700 twin in.  The 1994 XCR 600 I have originally came from Pro-5.  Guy I bought it from rode it one weekend and hated the low seat so he bought an XLT with Pro-5 pipes. The XCR only has a little over 300 miles on.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Bought some roller sleds from Burt Bassett at Pro-5.  Last one was a 1999 Edge XCR that I put a 700 twin in.  The 1994 XCR 600 I have originally came from Pro-5.  Guy I bought it from rode it one weekend and hated the low seat so he bought an XLT with Pro-5 pipes. The XCR only has a little over 300 miles on.

I see my old 1994 xcr 600 up for sale here. I never should have sold it. I believe it has a regular xlt motor in it now. That sled was awesome especially when my buds all got 95’s and I’d walk them all.

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

I see my old 1994 xcr 600 up for sale here. I never should have sold it. I believe it has a regular xlt motor in it now. That sled was awesome especially when my buds all got 95’s and I’d walk them all.

94 XCR 600 was a one year only motor configuration.  38mm carbs, single ring pistons, different porting and chrome bore cylinders.

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

94 XCR 600 was a one year only motor configuration.  38mm carbs, single ring pistons, different porting and chrome bore cylinders.

Yup :thumb: mine was supposed to be my dealers but my BIL and he are buds so he sold it to him.I bought it at the end of the year with 600 miles on it. I used to have the DT write up on it.IIRC it just make the 100hp mark where as the 95's made 95/96hp.I cleaned the windshield off of it with the 600 decals so after that guys always thought it was a 440. Had a few guys wondering :lol:

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

This is what mine looks like now lol 

E8862FD8-79E6-4D32-B0B0-07A2EF068273.jpeg

13 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yup :thumb: mine was supposed to be my dealers but my BIL and he are buds so he sold it to him.I bought it at the end of the year with 600 miles on it. I used to have the DT write up on it.IIRC it just make the 100hp mark where as the 95's made 95/96hp.I cleaned the windshield off of it with the 600 decals so after that guys always thought it was a 440. Had a few guys wondering :lol:

I've rode mine once on the lake after I got it running.  

Strange sorry the guy I bought it from forgot he had it and it was stored covered up on a rack in his warehouse for about 5-6 years  He use to buy a couple sleds a year and I can see that happing to him.  I asked what ever happened to the sled and said I might still have it.  The sled is mint but I still pulled the motor aparts to check the crank and bearings out.

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

I've rode mine once on the lake after I got it running.  

Strange sorry the guy I bought it from forgot he had it and it was stored covered up on a rack in his warehouse for about 5-6 years  He use to buy a couple sleds a year and I can see that happing to him.  I asked what ever happened to the sled and said I might still have it.  The sled is mint but I still pulled the motor aparts to check the crank and bearings out.

That’s awesome :bc: Back then my dealer was Chuck Arpin. You may have heard of his son Steve. Former world champion oval sledder. I remember going in the special racing bay they had just for him. Super cool sleds 

1 hour ago, HSR said:

What were you running for clutching with the pipe? Interested in what you and him came up with?

If you read the article he said someday we would be doing some clutch testing but we never got around to it was just not in the cards, when there was snow I was out riding. Stock clutch setup with two-stage Springs.