Check your account email address ×

SSFB sled shopping thread

SSFB

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Can't take the new ones home any way . Still no fix kits delived to dealers as of yesterday 

The sleds that have been delivered to dealers are good to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Can't take the new ones home any way . Still no fix kits delived to dealers as of yesterday 

If they're been deliver in the past 2-3 weeks you can.  All good to go

20221026_162022.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m leaning Assault but the XCR is tempting….it doesn’t have the 7S so which is a negative.

Do they have a sled they could swap out an S7?   Have you had an Assualt before?  Every year I go back and forth between them.  Last I had an Assualt was 2018.  I've been handing my sled down to my wife for the 2nd year of owning it lately but she don't like an Assualt. I put on between 3000 to 4000 miles per year and she only puts on 600 to 800 so that helps put the mileage inline with the average.

Had a 136 XCR last year that I liked.  This year I went with a VR1 because I liked the sunset red and will be adding the hi/lo adjust to the shocks.  If she wasn't riding anymore would have went with the Assault because haven't had on for a while.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

20221026_162022.jpg

I’ll give ya tree fiddy! Final offer! :lol:

Sweet sled. :bc:

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Joel will have to give her 4” twice :lol:

Ban hammer coming up for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Doug said:

20221026_162022.jpg

I was at a local dealer yesterday about a 12 min drive from poo HQ they have like 40 snocheck sleds sitting out back waiting to go out and have not gotten 1 fix kit yet . I know they have had a lot of them sitting for some time 

Edited by Ez ryder

7 hours ago, Doug said:

Do they have a sled they could swap out an S7?   Have you had an Assualt before?  Every year I go back and forth between them.  Last I had an Assualt was 2018.  I've been handing my sled down to my wife for the 2nd year of owning it lately but she don't like an Assualt. I put on between 3000 to 4000 miles per year and she only puts on 600 to 800 so that helps put the mileage inline with the average.

Had a 136 XCR last year that I liked.  This year I went with a VR1 because I liked the sunset red and will be adding the hi/lo adjust to the shocks.  If she wasn't riding anymore would have went with the Assault because haven't had on for a while.

Yessir…I had a 2104 and a 2021 Axys and I didn’t ask them about swapping a 7S but I believe that is roughly a 1000 buck upgrade which would make it a little more pricey than I’d like. What are your impressions of both sleds…likes and dislikes?
BTW your new VR1 looks great!👊🏻🇺🇸

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yessir…I had a 2104 and a 2021 Axys and I didn’t ask them about swapping a 7S but I believe that is roughly a 1000 buck upgrade which would make it a little more pricey than I’d like. What are your impressions of both sleds…likes and dislikes?

I'm not the ditch banger type of rider just enjoy trail riding aggressive at times.  No real off trail riding.  Last year put on 4200 miles.  On occasion I'll buy a different model sled to mix things up.

XCR 136:  Checks most of the boxes that I'm looking for.  2" Hi/lo shocks, better brakes, solid inside wheels good graphics normally.  Draw backs you need to order the S7.  Ride wise fits my riding type style the best for all types of trails in Wisconsin and Michigan.

VR1 137:  Normally has a broader range of graphic and colors that I like better and comes with the S7.  Draw backs I need to add the Hi/lo adjust ( I do my own shocks so I can add them for around $500.00), brake is adequate but XCR is better.  Ride wise its the same as the XCR once I add the Hi/Lo adjust.

Assault 144: Sled is more planted, has better off trail ability, graphics in line with VR1.  Draw backs would add Hi/Lo adjust, need to order S7 and at the end of the day if your on tight trails you do feel the extra length but that's on a 200+ mile day.  Ride wise its a different riding style than a coupled suspension.  You'll find yourself moving fore and back to control the ski lift coming out of the corners.  Not a bad thing just a different riding style.

Shorty 129:  Sled don't seem as planted just personally prefer a 136/137 or 144        

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The 7s is pretty awesome, definitely a nice feature. If you are riding on trails where you already know your way around it is totally not necessary. Also I am not sure you can add it to a non matrix chassis but it would seem they would make a fix for that :dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You can just ride bitch with me Joel!  :D

Neal

Buy one of these big black pigs like I just did!  Throw the 2 up and haul a caboose behind ya with Ben and Smales in it!  

E58F10FD-4F9E-48A2-8053-D13F91238702.jpeg.5916e148d8c890c45602e93738518e12.jpeg.7659451e79e172b58566058c5062569d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

When was the last time you checked with your dealer for delivery of the Assault.  2 probably 3 weeks ago now my dealer had a January delivery for my sled.  As you seen got the sled last week.

Just now, Doug said:

When was the last time you checked with your dealer for delivery of the Assault.  2 probably 3 weeks ago now my dealer had a January delivery for my sled.  As you seen got the sled last week.

Today he said end of December…they have a new 2022 Assault 850 White/Black/Plum Crazy…only a year of warranty but they’ll apply my snowcheck deposit…just waiting to hear what track is on it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Today he said end of December…they have a new 2022 Assault 850 White/Black/Plum Crazy…only a year of warranty but they’ll apply my snowcheck deposit…just waiting to hear what track is on it.

For me I always take the 4 now 3 year warranty because it helps with the value on the sled.  The 2021 I traded had 6500 miles but still 2 years of warranty.

Tuff decisions.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 3:45 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jim I'd wait and gain the year and warranty plus your getting what you ordered without compromising.  Sleds seem to be coming in on time or earlier.  Friend's boost showed up at the dealer today and that had a mid November ship date.

When you normally start riding?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Jim I'd wait and gain the year and warranty plus your getting what you ordered without compromising.  Sleds seem to be coming in on time or earlier.  Friend's boost showed up at the dealer today and that had a mid November ship date.

When you normally start riding?

I just checked and this is what they are saying and I did the math on the whole thing and it makes more sense to wait for my ‘23.👊🏻🇺🇸❄️

EDB2E948-F14A-43D4-A376-5165A8777CE3.thumb.png.eb904f03895ef05080430def592cee71.png

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I just checked and this is what they are saying and I did the math on the whole thing and it makes more sense to wait for my ‘23.👊🏻🇺🇸❄️

EDB2E948-F14A-43D4-A376-5165A8777CE3.thumb.png.eb904f03895ef05080430def592cee71.png

Did you actually check with your dealer for delivery?  Mine was at the Built state when it arrived at the dealer.

Sharp looking sled.  I can't post on the other site because @ZR8000lxrwon't let me :)

Just now, Doug said:

Did you actually check with your dealer for delivery?  Mine was at the Built state when it arrived at the dealer.

Sharp looking sled.  I can't post on the other site because @ZR8000lxrwon't let me :)

I emailed him but it was after hours so I’ll give him a shout in the morming.👌🏻

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I emailed him but it was after hours so I’ll give him a shout in the morming.👌🏻

My dealer got the notice my sled shipped on Friday October 21 and they received it Tuesday October 25 in East central Wisconsin.

• Like 1