Check your account email address ×

Man , the economy is kicking ass!!

f7ben

31 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Don't take out a student loan if you wont or can't pay it back is the simplest solution along with getting tuition rates under control

You should really be outraged over PPP loans then. Literally free money was given to businesses who didn't need it, far greater tragedy than queefing over student loans. Don't get me wrong, both of them suck but PPP was 900 billion and student loans around 3 - 3.5 billion.

I have a better idea, all PPP loans and student loans will have to be paid back!!! ..........Snoughnut for President 2024!!!

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

What makes student loans so different that they shouldn’t fall under bankruptcy law?

I would guess that when you take out a student loan you know from the start that it better be a worthwhile career you're pursuing and you better work to graduate or you're going to have debt that you're going to have to pay.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

What makes student loans so different that they shouldn’t fall under bankruptcy law?

You really want to talk about bankruptcy eh

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You should really be outraged over PPP loans then. Literally free money was given to businesses who didn't need it, far greater tragedy than queefing over student loans. Don't get me wrong, both of them suck but PPP was 900 billion and student loans around 3 - 3.5 billion.

I have a better idea, all PPP loans and student loans will have to be paid back!!! ..........Snoughnut for President 2024!!!

Blood boiling upset with a tad bit sad I didn't get free millions that don't have to be repaid back. Such a fucking shame

19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ok, then make the colleges responsible to get screwed out of the money instead of the taxpayers.  That the difference, but you don't want to address or acknowledge that.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Ok, then make the colleges responsible to get screwed out of the money instead of the taxpayers.  That the difference, but you don't want to address or acknowledge that.

You should be far more outraged over the PPP loan scam.

23 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I would guess that when you take out a student loan you know from the start that it better be a worthwhile career you're pursuing and you better work to graduate or you're going to have debt that you're going to have to pay.  

When someone buys a home, car, medical care, or luxury items aren’t they under the understanding that they have to pay it back? There’s no difference. 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

You should be far more outraged over the PPP loan scam.

I stated my position on both PPP and student loan forgiveness plenty of times.  I am not sure why you can't differentiate between that with me.  The PPP loan was supposed to be paid back when it was enacted, when were those loans forgiven?  I thought there were stipulations on that forgiveness.  BTW, I can look at everyone that received a PPP loan, is the list of people that got student loan forgiveness out there?

https://www.federalpay.org/paycheck-protection-program

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So then businesses that sold cars, furnaces, homes, snowmobiles, or various services should have to pay the money back when a customer filed bankruptcy. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

So then businesses that sold cars, furnaces, homes, snowmobiles, or various services should have to pay the money back when a customer filed bankruptcy. 

Did you read the link, what does it say?

Who do you think gets saddled with that responsibility?  The every day taxpayer isn't responsible, but you don't want to see the obvious.

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

Who do you think gets saddled with that responsibility?  The every day taxpayer isn't responsible, but you don't want to see the obvious.

Everyone pays when there’s a bankruptcy. Business losses are passed on to the consumer. 

19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When someone buys a home, car, medical care, or luxury items aren’t they under the understanding that they have to pay it back? There’s no difference. 

Yes, there is.... you know you can't do bankruptcy when you take a student loan right from the start.  I would hope these young, bright students understand this when they sign the papers.  I would think that mom and dad that are probably signing as well know this and are taking it seriously.

1 minute ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Yes, there is.... you know you can't do bankruptcy when you take a student loan right from the start.  I would hope these young, bright students understand this when they sign the papers.  I would think that mom and dad that are probably signing as well know this and are taking it seriously.

So you only buy things with the understanding that you can file bankruptcy on them. Cool. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I wonder their mindset is when they think they have Student Loan Forgiveness to fall back on 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

So you only buy things with the understanding that you can file bankruptcy on them. Cool. 

You would think with the amount of free time you have and the amount of time you spend on the internet you would read up on things like bankruptcy.

52 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You would think with the amount of free time you have and the amount of time you spend on the internet you would read up on things like bankruptcy.

I just owned your retarded ass and that’s the best you have? 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Did I say that, or do you just always change up the conversation, so it fits the point you want to make? 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

what makes someone think they should get out of any loan obligations they sign a contract for?  

how is it fair that some schmuck that left high school and has been working in a turd mine since who's paid his taxes has to help finance $10k of the education of the person who might be his boss?  

filing bankruptcy is also horse shit.