Check your account email address ×

Awd wagons ?

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Ask yourself this... do you want to pay the repair bills for all the 'technology' in a 2023 anything when it eventually fails... which it will. 

I'm a 'wagon man' from birth forward... ;)

IMG_20220906_164843027.jpg

IMG_20220906_164653015_HDR.jpg

My wife loves wagons always has . If she had her way she would prob be rolling a old pos late 60s to mid 70s American wagon lol . No lie  . 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

My wife loves wagons always has . If she had her way she would prob be rolling a old pos late 60s to mid 70s American wagon lol . No lie  . 

I came home from the hospital in a 455 70 Olds Cutlass wagon in my mother's arms (before seat belt requirements and child seats) and plan to be taken to my grave (in ashes) in a long roof.  Would bet I've traveled more miles looking out the back window in the reverse facing third row seat of a wagon before the age of 16 than most Americans have done behind the wheel in their lives.  😆

I lol all the f'ing time since the early nineties about 'SUV's' and 'CUV's' which are nothing but station wagons that sit higher.

I applaud her for the thought of keeping station wagons alive and well.  👏

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Well outback is a 6 mo wait 

Rav 3 mo at best highlander end of Oct 

Crv 4 weeks what ever there next biggest one was 6 weeks 

Atlas tiguan drive home today .

Only stops I made today.  Stop by sears/ benz on way home see if they are stocked like vw 

Don’t mistake VW being fully stocked as a good thing that is a clear sign consumers are smarting up and not buying those piece of shit VW’s. Two absolute worst auto manufacturers VW/Audi and Chrysler/fiat you already own one of them you really want more headaches. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

most Americans don't realize why high end European cars cost so much, until you crash one.

Volvo does the best and most comfortable interiors you'll find.  Daughters boyfriends mother drives a 21 XC, it's Scandinavian furniture and function... in a car.  

https://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/v60-cross-country/

They are really well built cars. My mother almost bought one earlier this year but ended up with the genesis gv70 instead.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Don’t mistake VW being fully stocked as a good thing that is a clear sign consumers are smarting up and not buying those piece of shit VW’s. Two absolute worst auto manufacturers VW/Audi and Chrysler/fiat you already own one of them you really want more headaches.

My Audi puts my Cadillac and previous BMW's to shame.

• Gold Member
36 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Everything so far.  Of course nothing has broken on the Audi where the Escalade has had nearly everything that can break, break.  Biggest POS I've ever owned.

When they work they are awesome. I wouldn’t mind a higher end Audi but I’d unload that soon as warranty ran out. My dads s4 was a oil burning falling apart piece of junk he got rid of it at 40k. I wont even start on the stupid crap I’ve seen fixing them. I’ve never said cadi’s are well built reliable cars either it is still a gm although I wouldn’t mind owning a CTSV wagon 👍.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

When they work they are awesome. I wouldn’t mind a higher end Audi but I’d unload that soon as warranty ran out. My dads s4 was a oil burning falling apart piece of junk he got rid of it at 40k. I wont even start on the stupid crap I’ve seen fixing them. I’ve never said cadi’s are well built reliable cars either it is still a gm although I wouldn’t mind owning a CTSV wagon 👍.

I have a Blackwing on order....but if my S6 stays as rock solid as it has been I may just upsize the turbos and keep it.  I will add that where VW/Audi are ok are where they have not pushed the envelope.  ie, S6 drive train was 2012 - 2018...and then used in a TON of other vehicles.  Generally it is bombproof.  Same with the electronics.  Mature and not new.  Any car in the first two years is a huge gamble IMO.  Getting something more mature always saves that hell.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Everything so far.  Of course nothing has broken on the Audi where the Escalade has had nearly everything that can break, break.  Biggest POS I've ever owned.

What year is your Escalade?

Mine is finally falling apart interior wise, door regulator went last week but fuck its 20 years old.  

• Sad 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

What year is your Escalade?

Mine is finally falling apart interior wise, door regulator went last week but fuck its 20 years old.  

2010.  Mechanically I am not complaining nor referencing what is breaking as that is self inflicted.  A big whipple and a shit ton of other mods ruin that portions reliability, but shit like door handles, heated seats, cruise control, head unit, air conditioning compressor, hvac fan, 3 door handles, shocks twice, knobs falling off, rattles, squeaks, buzzes, dash cracked and I could go on.  The thing is a complete POS.  Tons of stuff failed when it was new, but I wanted to build a beast so I just struggled through it.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

2010.  Mechanically I am not complaining nor referencing what is breaking as that is self inflicted.  A big whipple and a shit ton of other mods ruin that portions reliability, but shit like door handles, heated seats, cruise control, head unit, air conditioning compressor, hvac fan, 3 door handles, shocks twice, knobs falling off, rattles, squeaks, buzzes, dash cracked and I could go on.  The thing is a complete POS.  Tons of stuff failed when it was new, but I wanted to build a beast so I just struggled through it.

I hear ya. My buddy has a 2012 and he had similar issues. Almost makes me think my 2002 had better components. 

No denying GM has never been able to get interior and electronic components right.  

7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

My wife's Q5 is an outstanding car...no issues no problems.  2015 with 95k 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I hear ya. My buddy has a 2012 and he had similar issues. Almost makes me think my 2002 had better components. 

No denying GM has never been able to get interior and electronic components right.  

We've got a 22 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro and a 22 Ford F150 XLT Sport for sale sitting side by side and the interior of the GMC looks dated next to the Ford.

Edited by J. Jackson

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes, the GTS seems to be the sweet spot... but the price.  :lol:

I see those 4dr Porsche and suv Porsche and always feel sort if bad for the guy driving it . You know he makes the money to buy what he wants but has a ball buster at home that made him get the family version to haul the mistakes to school 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Was it true the caddys used  thicker steel when stamping body panels than there suburban counterparts ? 

Not thicker, but the body in white has a different variety of steels that are used.

Oh, my favorite failure on the truck is the wheels.  55k miles and three of them were shot.  I keep my shit clean as well.  Just stupid some of GM's decisions.

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I see those 4dr Porsche and suv Porsche and always feel sort if bad for the guy driving it . You know he makes the money to buy what he wants but has a ball buster at home that made him get the family version to haul the mistakes to school 

it screams I really wanted a 911 GT3 RS but decided to be a responsible adult... and at least I'm not driving a minivan.  ;)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it screams I really wanted a 911 GT3 RS but decided to be a responsible adult... and at least I'm not driving a minivan.  ;)

No it screams my balls are in my wife's purse . Some times I can check them out but only if I am home by 7 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

She decided if she walked away with nothing but some rug burn from airbags  in hit like that she would get another 

Picking up her 23 outback touring tomorrow . They said Oct/Nov but they are coming in faster . Good for me 

• Like 3