Check your account email address ×

Look at you Alaska...

23 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yeah has to go down as one of the worst choices for VP.  Reality is choose a VP that is both capable of being President and helps you carry their home state or help with a certain constituency.   She wasn't needed for Alaska and women didn't like her. 

Nowhere near as bad as Kamala.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, Highmark said:

Yeah has to go down as one of the worst choices for VP.  Reality is choose a VP that is both capable of being President and helps you carry their home state or help with a certain constituency.   She wasn't needed for Alaska and women didn't like her. 

Kamala...

On 9/1/2022 at 7:51 AM, Mainecat said:

Record numbers of women are registering to vote…..and it’s not for republicans.

True, four of our nieces registered (two of which are late 20s early 30s, the other two are 18 and 21) and will be voting against the conservative supreme court.  Their words, not mine.

18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He liked Todd…her…not so much.🤣

I have a set of shocks from one of his race sleds, nothing from her.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Nowhere near as bad as Kamala.

Both are too far from the center for my taste.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Kamala...

True, four of our nieces registered (two of which are late 20s early 30s, the other two are 18 and 21) and will be voting against the conservative supreme court.  Their words, not mine.

Exactly what democrats want....only focused on single issues.  ABORTION!!!!  To bad most can't remove their blinders once in a while.  I bet not one of those 4 will ever be in a position to require having an abortion, but they are more focused on emotion rather than logic.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Exactly what democrats want....only focused on single issues.  ABORTION!!!!  To bad most can't remove their blinders once in a while.  I bet not one of those 4 will ever be in a position to require having an abortion, but they are more focused on emotion rather than logic.

they had 'rights' they were born with taken from them, so I get it.

how would you feel tomorrow if you couldn't own a gun?  quite a few women, even conservative women (not die hard evangelicals or Catholics) are pissed off about the topic.  with a 97/100 male to female ratio in the US, and some women voting with their ovaries... bad timing for the anti abortion party.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how would you feel tomorrow if you couldn't own a gun?  quite a few women, even conservative women (not die hard evangelicals or Catholics) are pissed off about the topic.  with a 97/100 male to female ratio in the US, and some women voting with their ovaries... bad timing for the anti abortion party.

Like I said, it a single issue and it is now left up to the states rather than the federal government. 

The democrats of this country had over 40 years to put laws in place to save whatever rights you claim were taken away and they did nothing.  Unfortunately, the current crop of republicans in Washington don't know how to explain this in a way to show that to voters like you are talking about.  Not to mention, an 18 year old woman saying she had "rights" taken away?  That's a good one.  I would love to hear her explain what right she had that was taken from her.

Edited by racer254

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Like I said, it a single issue and it is now left up to the states rather than the federal government. 

The democrats of this country had over 40 years to put laws in place to save whatever rights you claim were taken away and they did nothing.  Unfortunately, the current crop of republicans in Washington don't know how to explain this in a way to show that to voters like you are talking about.  Not to mention, an 18 year old woman saying she had "rights" taken away?  That's a good one.  I would love to hear her explain what right she had that was taken from her.

I'm just telling you what's up and don't think for a moment that it won't effect state races either.  Evers/Michaels in WI will be interesting, but TX is going to be an all out battle.

Remember the Alamo... 

Edit; my wife and daughter were informed by me that the Dems dropped the ball with their 'rights' when the SCOTUS leak occured.  They didn't know all the facts.  Now they do, but they're still pissed.

Old Mitch played the game well stacking SCOTUS, but gets little to no credit for it.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/documentary/supreme-revenge/

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm just telling you what's up and don't think for a moment that it won't effect state races either.  Evers/Michaels in WI will be interesting, but TX is going to be an all out battle.

Remember the Alamo... 

What are you saying to your 4 nieces?  How are you explaining it to them?  Do you believe that they should vote against all republicans because of this?

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I’m a pro choice conservative but I think late term abortions are fucking gross though. 

Most of my contention over this whole deal is that it should have never been give to scotus to decide upon. If it’s a law in your particular state, vote accordingly. 

Not to mention that most of the people that are up in arms about this were the same people telling others that they were second rate citizens for not getting those fucking shots, just a year ago. Just more of the literal non stop hypocrisy that keeps making this country go bonkers. 

It’s also HILARIOUS when libs freak out about this but yet it’s going to straight fuck the GOP this fall and the libs will get what they want, more of their own in power. All in an attempt to try and fuck a branch of the government that they can do little about because? Emotions. Fucking dolts. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

What are you saying to your 4 nieces?  How are you explaining it to them?  Do you believe that they should vote against all republicans because of this?

Read back up one to the edit

it's not my place to tell them, they're adults.  If asked or a conversation comes up I'll give my opinion but I'm not about to go shoving my stance in their face.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Read back up one to the edit

it's not my place to tell them, they're adults.  If asked or a conversation comes up I'll give my opinion but I'm not about to go shoving my stance in their face.

Apparently it came up.  You talked about it and you know how they registered because of it.

• Like 1

Just now, racer254 said:

Apparently it came up.  You talked about it and you know how they registered because of it.

The statement about them having their rights taken from them and then zero response to the question asking what rights were taken, should tell you everything you need to know. 

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The statement about them having their rights taken from them and then zero response to the question asking what rights were taken, should tell you everything you need to know. 

You would think as their uncle, he would be obligated to show his nieces any flaws in their logic.

Just now, racer254 said:

my wife told me, because they all went to a 'womens rights' rally after the official SCOTUS announcement where the organizers were encouraging women to vote and if they weren't registered to get registered.  this isn't conversation you have with people around the dinner table.

you married?  any daughters?  do you tell female family members how to think or vote?  any of them wear burkas?  

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You would think as their uncle, he would be obligated to show his nieces any flaws in their logic.

Eh. My young nieces are your typical 18 yr old girls. They think they know everything because, emotions. My older niece has been around much longer so she understands how fucked up things are and votes accordingly. 

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

my wife told me, because they all went to a 'womens rights' rally after the official SCOTUS announcement where the organizers were encouraging women to vote and if they weren't registered to get registered.  this isn't conversation you have with people around the dinner table.

you married?  any daughters?  do you tell female family members how to think or vote?  any of them wear burkas?  

My wife asks me because she doesn’t like to keep up with it all very much but shares the same values as I do so she wants to be educated before voting. 

So you don’t have any influence on your wife or daughters lives at all/about any subject then? I find that extremely hard to believe. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well, did you explain to your wife that the democrats appointed a Supreme Court Justice that was unable to identify what a woman was?  It isn't your duty to TELL them how to VOTE.  But you should feel obligated to correct their logic when needed, unless you agree with it.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, did you explain to your wife that the democrats appointed a Supreme Court Justice that was unable to identify what a woman was?  It isn't your duty to TELL them how to VOTE.  But you should feel obligated to correct their logic when needed, unless you agree with it.

you didn't answer my question...

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you didn't answer my question...

What one was that?  I find it interesting that rights have a gender associated with them.  Any right that I believe in I consider a human right, not gender or race related.

Edited by racer254

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Imagine the democrats controlling the SC and allowing laws regarding hand gun ownership to be outlawed in states that wanted to?

imagine that….it could happen.

Is that considered a woman's right or man's right?

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Why would it matter? It could happen and just might down the road.

I just want to know.  I need to know which rally's to attend when it happens.  Women's rights, Gay rights, BLM, all that seems to matter when you are a democrat.

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I just want to know.  I need to know which rally's to attend when it happens.  Women's rights, Gay rights, BLM, all that seems to matter when you are a democrat.

It’s about using the SC as your puppet. I don’t agree with it but it seems the Repubs are doing it now. So down the road it may backfire on the republicans big time. You can still have “arms” just they will be limited by type or caliber. Certain ammo may be limited as well.

No amount of protest will matter when you own the majority on the SC a place that’s should never be political.

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

What one was that?  I find it interesting that rights have a gender associated with them.  Any right that I believe in I consider a human right, not gender or race related.

you married? any daughters? do you tell female family members how to think or vote? any of them wear burkas? 

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you married? any daughters? do you tell female family members how to think or vote? any of them wear burkas? 

Nope, and I don't tell anyone how to think or vote or what to wear, but I will express my educated thoughts when needed.

Thinking we will somehow vote our way out of this mess is the same stupidity MC posts daily.  What do you think is going to change?   Trump falls over dead today will the media suddenly be honest?  We going to treat each other with respect? Work towards a common goal?  :lol:

Best thing you can do is move out to the country where at least a sliver of old America still exists and enjoy it while it lasts.  It ain’t ever coming back.