Check your account email address ×

Californians Told Not to Charge Electric Cars Days After Gas Car Sales Ban

27 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The left leaning pols at all levels in Cali have made it impossible to build a house let alone a power plant of any kind. Add to that the closing of the plants they have and you get to where they are now. Silicon valley is moving to Austin piece by piece so it is just a matter of time before the house of cards falls. Loved going to Cali every year but now I won't go as it would break my heart to see what they have done to the place .

I've enjoyed visiting California and there's some fantastic outdoors there, but IDK if I'd want to live there.  The area around Big Sur... epically gorgeous but I'm not a billionaire so I don't foresee that being my retirement haven.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

huge conveyor belts?

oh... how about zeplins!!!?

:lol:

Rental, car sharing, Uber.......There is already a market in place for moving your vehicles if you want.   Yes pricy but the need isn't there for it to occur like you suggested. 

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Rental, car sharing, Uber.......There is already a market in place for moving your vehicles if you want.   Yes pricy but the need isn't there for it to occur like you suggested. 

I'm just having fun and goofing around this morning... in a rarely good mood because we've a long family weekend coming.  Also, daughters first day as a high school junior.

:)

• Like 3

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm just having fun and goofing around this morning... in a rarely good mood because we've a long family weekend coming.  Also, daughters first day as a high school junior.

:)

my kids went back yesterday

Hallelujah :perm:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Voluntary….  4-9pm or 5 hours a day.  The rate structure there makes it fairly expensive to charge. Most avoid charging around those times and wait to start a charge after demand rates subside after 9 on residential or 10 pm on fast chargers

Just now, BOHICA said:

Voluntary….  4-9pm or 5 hours a day.  The rate structure there makes it fairly expensive to charge. Most avoid charging around those times and wait to start a charge after demand rates subside after 9 on residential or 10 pm on fast chargers

Sounds dreamy.

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've enjoyed visiting California and there's some fantastic outdoors there, but IDK if I'd want to live there.  The area around Big Sur... epically gorgeous but I'm not a billionaire so I don't foresee that being my retirement haven.

Housing prices are just ridiculous out there and now the charm of many places I loved is a homeless persons bathroom.

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

On peak hours here has been 11am to 7pm for a while now

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we haven't built a nuke plant in this country since... 

but if these people want to go all in on EVs we're going to need to produce a lot of juice and get it to the people in an updated grid.  

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/georgia-nuclear-plant-load-fuel-reactor-87880581

• Like 1

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

On peak hours here has been 11am to 7pm for a while now

So you have off peak ours 16 hours a day to charge at lower costs.  On a 50 amp circuit charging at of peak in your area you have almost 160 kwhs that can be delivered off peak.  Enough to fill up 2 long range style EV’s off peak on that 1 50 amp circuit.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's all about C-O-N-T-R-O-L

Look they have bohica allowing them to control the times he can do anything and he thinks it's voluntary.

You can charge when ever you want….

• Haha 1

A friends friend went to Cali a few yrs ago (San Fran) and was pissed no one, especially the travel agent, warned her about the place. Not entirely on those people as she clearly should have done her own research too but she said it was complete waste of money and that she will never be going back again.

It speaks volumes about the place if they keep re-electing the likes of Newsom and other Democrats. I know the whole state is not that idiotic, but unfortunately they're in the minority. 

calii.jpg

cali3.png

cali.jpeg

Edited by irv

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You can charge when ever you want….

You are being controlled through incentivisation -- the practice of building incentives into an arrangement or system in order to motivate the actors within it.

You went EV and Solar not because you thought it was a good idea for the environment, but because you got $$$ to do it.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

You are being controlled through incentivisation -- the practice of building incentives into an arrangement or system in order to motivate the actors within it.

You went EV and Solar not because you thought it was a good idea for the environment, but because you got $$$ to do it.

Capitalism….

self substaining vs being dependent…. You are not only dependent for electricity you are dependent for gas/diesel for your transportation.  You can not exist without somebody selling you electricity or fuels.  Ultra dependent. 

im working towards not being dependent on anybody for energy while some are fine being dependent bitches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Capitalism….

self substaining vs being dependent…. You are not only dependent for electricity you are dependent for gas/diesel for your transportation.  You can not exist without somebody selling you electricity or fuels.  Ultra dependent. 

im working towards not being dependent on anybody for energy while some are fine being dependent bitches.

Get back to us when you need batteries.

29 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Sounds dreamy.

amazing how convenient it is to go to a gas station

but in the end that's what we're really talking about here, convenience... 

26 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Housing prices are just ridiculous out there and now the charm of many places I loved is a homeless persons bathroom.

right 👍

I like to cruise Zillow and look at shit out there, completely nutz compared to real estate in north central WI.    Are you familiar with the coast line from San Fran up to Arcata?  Never been in that area and have considered doing an Airbnb in the Sea Ranch or Mendocino area with the wife.  She has family in the Fresno area.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Get back to us when you need batteries.

Get back to us when you make your energy and are not dependent on paying some else to make it for you daily

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

Get back to us when you make your energy and are dependent on paying some else to make it for you daily

You said you won't be dependent on anyone. Do you make your own batteries and solar panels?

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Capitalism….

The government controlling you through incentivisation is NOT capitalism.  You did it because you got $$$ from the government.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You said you won't be dependent on anyone. Do you make your own batteries and solar panels?

Nope.  I pay for those once.  Would you consider off grid people that have power more or less dependent then say you???

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Nope.  I pay for those once.  Would you consider off grid people that have power more or less dependent then say you???

Who cares. Why would I live without certain things just so I can say I'm off grid. You claim you are, but you're not. You just have a few shiny panels on your roof. You still depend on water and NG. 

As for paying for batteries once, you going to walk when your EVs batteries shit the bed?