Check your account email address ×

Hey Jimmy, keep a close eye on your pooch!

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Post some pictures of your cats if it makes you feel any betterPost some pictures of your cats if it makes you feel any better

I’d rather post things that you feel compelled To comment on. 

My boy Junior, I’m getting back in a groove since my brother passed away, he’s just a good boy, give him a bone or a ball & he’s all set. Never been to a dog park and never will,just a bad idea of having unfamiliar dogs around eachother, not to mention some of the dumb ass owners.

A18E8CED-3BC1-499B-94F9-A24D2685ECC8.jpeg

Edited by Turbo Kitty
  • Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Turbo Kitty said:

My boy Junior, I’m getting back in a groove since my brother passed away, he’s just a good boy, give him a bone or a ball & he’s all set. Never been to a dog park and never will,just a bad idea of having unfamiliar dogs around eachother, not to mention some of the dumb ass owners.

A18E8CED-3BC1-499B-94F9-A24D2685ECC8.jpeg

Sorry again about your brother and yeah…dogs are good for the soul.🐶🌞

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

Toughest thing you probably ever have to do.  My buddy just took his beagle they had for 13 years.  Did the last meal. Pizza, steak, ice cream.  He was being tough about it the night before but once got there, he was bawling.  Had a big guy go with him cause his wife couldn’t do it. He was crying like a baby too!  

toughest thing I ever did was take my Sandy Sue for her last trip to the vet, been 2 years and still hurts:sad:

• Sad 3

• Gold Member

Ya the big fella on the left in my avy went home two years ago.  I cooked him steak and eggs and some bacon at lunch time and then we went for one last truck ride.  He loved riding with me.  Would ride on the bed of my roll back and walk to the back and look at cars if they got to close.  It was awesome.  His name was Duece cause I was #1 and he was #2.  Getting misty eyed thinking about it.  God I cried like a school girl at the vets office.  Fucking embarrassing........  He made it to 15 years old.  Hopefully the fur ball on the right has atleast 5 more year sin her as she just turned 10.  The only bad part about dogs is they should live as long as humans!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

Best of luck to you and your wife.   Scary stuff for sure.

I worry about that with my Boston.  She is crazy about playing fetch. She will do it 8hrs a day straight if you keep throwing. 

Blood test and 2 pills a day for a month and keep him calm and hopefully pills stop the seizures. See what happens.

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Blood test and 2 pills a day for a month and keep him calm and hopefully pills stop the seizures. See what happens.

:bc: 

hope it works out for you guys.  Probably keeping him calm will be the hardest part.  I know my dog would have nothing to do with taking it easy.😁

• Thanks 1

Yeah been a rough year for us with our dogs......lost our nearly 19 year old Pug a few months ago. Think she may have caught covid from me, started having seizures like I did from covid and passed away during her sleep on bed between me and the wife.....that was the easiest way to take it and she lived a long long happy life.

Just had to put our rescue dog down 2 weeks ago.  She has been an expensive pooch but still worth it. Spent nearly 10k on blood transfusions and immunosuppressive drugs 2 years ago for a blood disorder where her red blood cells attacked each other......that bought her another 2 years and this time she developed a blood coagulation problem with no platelets. Started her back on the meds but decided enough was enough and didn't want to put her through that again....she was probably pushing every bit of 12....maybe older.   Vet placed a box of tissues in front of me which came in handy. Not a tough guy at all when putting my pets down, I readily admit I cry like a baby but will always be there for them at the end. They have always been there for me. Wife will have nothing to do with it.....I have to go. 

20211025_222617.jpg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Our meathead Sammy the Samoyed, wife snapped the pic at the right time chasing his ball up at the cabin.

No photo description available.

Great pic!!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve753 said:

That's so sad. 😞

One of my dogs just started having seizures. My wife's devasted. The dogs only 6. He's had 2, one we witnessed. Both were after playing fetch with him and our other dog. They play pretty rough trying to get the ball and bring it back. Were hoping that stopping this will stop the seizures by keeping him calm. Were leaving for the vet here soon. He's gonna check him out.

Just saw this…hope the vet can get this sorted for you.👊🏻🐶

• Thanks 1