Check your account email address ×

Beef prices are poised for a surge that could last years, experts say

• Platinum Contributing Member

I still get decent prices on tenderloin at the local hardware store / grocery store. But shit with even lunch meat at $12.99 a pound let alone roast beef at $15 a pound 😳

10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

How did the guy living in a van beat the sites meat expert to this bombshell?

He's likely on the phone to Mark Cuban trying to explain how the markets work and why his steaks are going to cost more :bc:

Just now, spin_dry said:

Meat prices are going up because of Dutch farmers. :lol: 

:lol:

1 minute ago, HSR said:

He's likely on the phone to Mark Cuban trying to explain how the markets work and why his steaks are going to cost more :bc:

:lol:

It's happening in Canada as well.  Trudeau is attacking the farmers here the same.  Stay ignorant moron.

Land, feed and machinery prices are up huge so yeah the market is just going to have to pay more for beef like any other foods 

for example I bought a 2021 versatile tractor for $570,000 and an almost identical 2023 was quoted to me at over 800k

things are wild bananas right now 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Land, feed and machinery prices are up huge so yeah the market is just going to have to pay more for beef like any other foods 

for example I bought a 2021 versatile tractor for $570,000 and an almost identical 2023 was quoted to me at over 800k

things are wild bananas right now 

What a moron like smales do?

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's happening in Canada as well.  Trudeau is attacking the farmers here the same.  Stay ignorant moron.

Can you ever stay on topic or does every thread need to follow your narrative?? Yes I know what is going on with Trudeau but that isn't what is being discussed:bc:

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So I guess the main question is do you fucking idiots support the hard working farmers or the government attacking them for their land?  All in the guise of climate change?

Fucking dumb sheep.

So is Trudeau going to cause a drought??

Beef prices are poised to surge as a severe drought across the western US forces mass cattle slaughters — and meat distributors say the natural disaster could keep supplies tight for years.

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

So is Trudeau going to cause a drought??

Beef prices are poised to surge as a severe drought across the western US forces mass cattle slaughters — and meat distributors say the natural disaster could keep supplies tight for years.

No, Trudeau is causing great grief for farmers limiting their production to fight bullshit climate change.  Surely you aren't this stupid. Or are you?