Check your account email address ×

Cat should just quit

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Cat designs their motors? Suzuki only built what cat designed?  

100% correct  the motors of the last 15 yrs were designed in TRF built as sand cast in jap then tested in TRF and modified as needed re sand cast tested repeat till it is what they wanted.

they had engineers from zuk working with them from time to time but designed in TRF     

Edited by Ez ryder

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

what sane corp would want to be in this shit storm of a sport?  I cant believe there are still 3 fighting for what just 1 would have to shut down a line for 3 mo a yr to meet production.

hey what is the reality of the trails north of say the trestle ? worth the drive?   

Yeah, we needed a good winter.....started ok but all fell apart.

I hear the trails are still holding up ok....but lots of rough patches.  Some reports are coming in as "good" but some of these guys think exploratory riding over sections of snirt, rocks and grass to get their standard 180 mile day is "good".  Not me.

After this weekend's record highs with rain expected Monday....well, I'm holding out hope for March snow but the base is really taking a beating.  If you're gonna come up, I'd get here tomorrow.  Maybe start in Finland or even further North?

Northern MN is weird so you never know but, based on what the weather is showing...

IMG_1802.JPG

12 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Is this faggot coming back to check his line or what? or is he face down in a heap already?

:lol: probably the last part.

11 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Cat designs their motors? Suzuki only built what cat designed?  

Yep.  This isn't Cat's first rodeo with mil design.  Just the first time their name is stamped on the block.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

ctec 800 made over 100 ft lbs from 7300-8300

160.8 with 8 hours on the clock

production 850 164.8 hp  after break in

yeah pile of shit if only cat would designate some week chassis modules with ez to remember letters they would really have something   

Cat seems to have trouble clutching that chassis...

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Cat seems to have trouble clutching that chassis...

poo is the only one with clutching out of the box worth a shit doo sucks cat sucks . poo did well getting Rory from team cat yrs back to run there clutching department .

cats new team roller shaft primary is a pretty sweet piece. it was on all turbo  this season and all sleds next season and early builds out now   

Just now, Ez ryder said:

poo is the only one with clutching out of the box worth a shit doo sucks cat sucks . poo did well getting Rory from team cat yrs back to run there clutching department .

cats new team roller shaft primary is a pretty sweet piece. it was on all turbo  this season and all sleds next season and early builds out now   

Never ever had a problem with a Doo clutch. 

really ? the 850s are popping bets like a 12 cat turbo .

the XP I personally ride with 3 guys with 800s with major secondary issues . 1 actual burning though the sheave. I don't have picks any more but I did post at 1 time I know zam will remember the pic.

then the fact u have to yank the fucking jack shaft off to fuck with secondary WTF is up with that .

I have a 600gade xp and have not had belt/ clutch issues but it is only a 600.

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

really ? the 850s are popping bets like a 12 cat turbo .

the XP I personally ride with 3 guys with 800s with major secondary issues . 1 actual burning though the sheave. I don't have picks any more but I did post at 1 time I know zam will remember the pic.

then the fact u have to yank the fucking jack shaft off to fuck with secondary WTF is up with that .

I have a 600gade xp and have not had belt/ clutch issues but it is only a 600.

Yeah.  I remember that pic and sweet fancy Jesus!!

i don't give a shit what is in a sled for clutching when I get it anymore. I've graduated past stock clutching.  And after going Team Tied and new primary components, shit, stock clutching to go from 1mph up to as far as the lake is long is of ZERO interest to me at all.  

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

For what we pay for these sleds and the ammount we use them they should run flawlessly 

Agreed.  It's unlikely I'll ever buy new again.  I can find one year old sleds with less than a 1000 miles consistently running $3-5k less than new.  It just makes no sense to buy new anymore.  Unless you are a loan taker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I have a queestion does anyone believe Cat can build a motor that holds a candle tomwhat Yamaha can build? 

yes I do. and like I said I am not 100% sure the new yammi 3hole is not put together in st cloud that was the talk some time back moving production to MN

yammi has not really overbuilt a motor in a long time .

1 other thing u don't see many guys running the yammi for snow bikes mostly zuk and ktm/husky. not sure why but interesting. I love yami and wish they did not give up on sleds 12 yrs ago but they did .

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Comparing race result to consumer sleds. What kind of fucking drugs you on, Ed Rooney? 

What do you think they ride when they cross country race dummy?

8 hours ago, jtssrx said:

The 850's are poorly clutched. Pdrive has huge potential 

Goodwin is selling the pdrive as a performance upgrade. Roller primary definitely has huge potential. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Goodwin is selling the pdrive as a performance upgrade. Roller primary definitely has huge potential. 

I bought one for my 800. The tunability over the tra is awesome. I need more time to dial it in 

9 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Comparing race result to consumer sleds. What kind of fucking drugs you on, Ed Rooney? 

well CC  what do u think they race? drag only the outlaw class is allowed to use a diff chassis 98% of the drag sleds are off the shelf chassis . hell now days over 50% of the motors are off the shelf with bolt on parts.

RMSHA again stock chassis over 3/4 of the competitors  use the sled they ride in the hills every weekend

so yeah racing results are sort of telling .

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well CC  what do u think they race? drag only the outlaw class is allowed to use a diff chassis 98% of the drag sleds are off the shelf chassis . hell now days over 50% of the motors are off the shelf with bolt on parts.

RMSHA again stock chassis over 3/4 of the competitors  use the sled they ride in the hills every weekend

so yeah racing results are sort of telling .

they mean absolutely nothing to the consumer....race results are about team prep and driver talent. Nothing to do with the sled. A good driver could win on any brand.....

Now tell us more about how much more power the zook 1100 can make over the doo 1200 :lol: 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

they mean absolutely nothing to the consumer....race results are about team prep and driver talent. Nothing to do with the sled. A good driver could win on any brand.....

Now tell us more about how much more power the zook 1100 can make over the doo 1200 :lol: 

Ed Rooney is seriously on some major fucking drugs 

:groin:

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

again show me more world records set by a doo 1200. btw my bud broke one 2 weeks ago again . on a cat  again.I actually asked him about your doo remarks he laughed  a bit 

racing has everything to do with the driver and what that driver buys to suit his or her needs . 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

again show me more world records set by a doo 1200. btw my bud broke one 2 weeks ago again . on a cat  again.I actually asked him about your doo remarks he laughed  a bit 

racing has everything to do with the driver and what that driver buys to suit his or her needs . 

I'll show you vids of a bone stock 1200 with head studs running well over 40psi and 500hp in races if you show me some of a cat ......deal?

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'll show you vids of a bone stock 1200 with head studs running well over 40psi and 500hp in races if you show me some of a cat ......deal?

show me some sanctioned race results  

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

show me some sanctioned race results  

we are discussing how much power the motors can make ....not race results. You claimed the cat could make more power on stock internals and that is pure bullshit spoken by someone who doesnt have a clue