Check your account email address ×

Deeeetroit! The best place on earth!

Holy shit.   We just lie about everything now, don’t we?  :lol:

Unless there is a event and you’re forced to go , no one is packing up the family for a fun family trip to Detroit.  What an absolute joke.  I can see people showing up from other States or Countries thinking what happened?  Was there a war here recently? 
Traverse city, Boyne, Petoskey , Mackinaw city.  yes. 

46926A06-ED20-432A-BECF-1DFA7F96EBD4.jpeg

2282EF0C-5783-4499-8E92-121967FF201F.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Just so happens to be dem run cesspools.

They are literally killing it.  I wonder if they have the helpful hint in the article. If you need gas, going during the day will lower your chances of being shot for your vehicle.  👍

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

They are literally killing it.  I wonder if they have the helpful hint in the article. If you need gas, going during the day will lower your chances of being shot for your vehicle.  👍

Just did a over night job in downtown Chicago last Friday night. The streets are empty at 11 pm. It was never like that.  Most restaurants and bars close at 10 pm because nobody is out like they were before the dem supported riots. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Holy shit.   We just lie about everything now, don’t we?  :lol:

Unless there is a event and you’re forced to go , no one is packing up the family for a fun family trip to Detroit.  What an absolute joke.  I can see people showing up from other States or Countries thinking what happened?  Was there a war here recently? 
Traverse city, Boyne, Petoskey , Mackinaw city.  yes. 

46926A06-ED20-432A-BECF-1DFA7F96EBD4.jpeg

2282EF0C-5783-4499-8E92-121967FF201F.jpeg

Charlevoix!!!!
I do like Boyne City better though…😄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Just did a over night job in downtown Chicago last Friday night. The streets are empty at 11 pm. It was never like that.  Most restaurants and bars close at 10 pm because nobody is out like they were before the dem supported riots. 

Detroit is no Chicago.  Haven’t been since Covid started, but we would drive 3 hours to stay in Chicago.  We could of went Detroit 45 minutes away. But what are you going to do in Detroit if there isn’t a game or concert going on ? 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Charlevoix!!!!
I do like Boyne City better though…😄

Very nice.  Some of those houses on the lake are amazing.  

• Like 1

I haven’t been to The D in quite awhile but when I lived down there in the early 90’s it was no picnic. Greektown and the area around The Fox Theater, JLA…ect..were OK on game/event nights and the cops were thick. Other than that forget about it.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Detroit is no Chicago.  Haven’t been since Covid started, but we would drive 3 hours to stay in Chicago.  We could of went Detroit 45 minutes away. But what are you going to do in Detroit if there isn’t a game or concert going on ? 

Very nice.  Some of those houses on the lake are amazing.  

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I haven’t been to The D in quite awhile but when I lived down there in the early 90’s it was no picnic. Greektown and the area around The Fox Theater, JLA…ect..were OK on game/event nights and the cops were thick. Other than that forget about it.

I watch the Belle Isle races, it looks pretty nice there?? No?

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Same.  A few places have popped up around corktown , but you basically have that block around the Fox.  Even Greektown is getting sketchy. Lot of shootings. 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I watch the Belle Isle races, it looks pretty nice there?? No?

It is now.  When they moved the race there.  I believe the State came in and took it over . 
This was the last year, moving it back through downtown. 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It is now.  When they moved the race there.  I believe the State came in and took it over . 
This was the last year, moving it back through downtown. 

Oh dang, I liked that race, the island looked beautiful, and had really good racing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh dang, I liked that race, the island looked beautiful, and had really good racing 

Belle Isle…I liked it downtown as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yes!  She is a fantastic Governor.  

Is it bad if I kind of wish that kidnapping plot was real and successful? 

My family roots are in Metro Detroit…my dad was born and raised on the east side and my mom St. Clair Shores…she used to tell me about taking the street car downtown to shop at JL Hudsons. My dad would…who was an electrical contractor…told me stories about what a pain in the ass it was doing projects within the city limits…neither of them had anything good to say about Coleman Young.🤣

1 minute ago, Pete said:

For the black folk absolutely 

Not really but tell me about your last

visit  to the city? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not really but tell me about your last

visit  to the city? 

No thanks. You can have my portion. Cities are full of undesirables of the highest order. Understandable why you would like it all.

Just now, Pete said:

No thanks. You can have my portion. Cities are full of undesirables of the highest order. Understandable why you would like it all.

Well I didn’t say that so not only are you talking out of your ass you’re simply making shit up.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My family roots are in Metro Detroit…my dad was born and raised on the east side and my mom St. Clair Shores…she used to tell me about taking the street car downtown to shop at JL Hudsons. My dad would…who was an electrical contractor…told me stories about what a pain in the ass it was doing projects within the city limits…neither of them had anything good to say about Coleman Young.🤣

I heard all the stories too,  but you don’t realize how beautiful of a thriving city Detroit was until you watch the documentaries.  I don’t think people realize how few people still live in the city of Detroit (700,000 maybe?). The most segregated city in America.  Coleman was the original race baiter.   Corrupt to the core. 

• Like 1