Check your account email address ×

Why the losses?

I mean last time we had a recession the Fed stepped in and fully mortgaged our future to prevent losses. Why won’t they do that now? It’s not like any of it’s real. Why won’t they spend eleventy trillion now to make sure everyone is happy and fat? 

What a fucking joke the entire financial system is. 

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

I mean last time we had a recession the Fed stepped in and fully mortgaged our future to prevent losses. Why won’t they do that now? It’s not like any of it’s real. Why won’t they spend eleventy trillion now to make sure everyone is happy and fat? 

They can't....the they have hit the point where the inflationary pressures are too great.

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

Fed meddling and excessively low rates for FAR too long in conjunction with nearly $20T in covid stimulus fueled the super bubble we've seen since 2009

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FEDFUNDS 

look at our debt to GDP ratio, it's absolutely horrible.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GFDEGDQ188S

Screenshot_20220701-050240.png

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

Secondly, the boomers 401k's got bailed out from 2009-2021 

'we got ours, so fuck you!' 

we're generation screwed... 

https://www.cnbc.com/select/will-social-security-run-out-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I've heard that for Decades.

Well you’re witnessing it right now. Price of everything doubled. Boomers don’t give a fuck , they got theirs 

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Well you’re witnessing it right now. Price of everything doubled. Boomers don’t give a fuck , they got theirs 

Nothing I've bought has doubled, recently bought over $6,000 in tools, prices were close to what they were 5 years ago.

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Nothing I've bought has doubled, recently bought over $6,000 in tools, prices were close to what they were 5 years ago.

You haven’t bought any gas or food or vehicles or recreational toys or building materials or paid your electric bill or filled your propane tank? 

Edited by f7ben
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You haven’t bought any gas or food or vehicles or recreational toys or building materials or paid your electric bill or filled your propane tank? 

Happy Canada day 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Heck I haven't, sure gas has went up, The Ukrainian war caused much of that, just bought a RZR SXS, paid the electric bill which went down from last year as we are a Co-Op they actually sent us a check, you think we don't buy food? Propane is $1.85/gallon at Hayward Co-Op, last year it was $2.29/gallon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Heck I haven't, sure gas has went up, The Ukrainian war caused much of that, just bought a RZR SXS, paid the electric bill which went down from last year as we are a Co-Op they actually sent us a check, you think we don't buy food? Propane is $1.85/gallon at Hayward Co-Op, last year it was $2.29/gallon

:lol: ok boomer , you live in the only place where everything hasn’t doubled. Ukraine war , gimme a fucking break 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: ok boomer , you live in the only place where everything hasn’t doubled. Ukraine war , gimme a fucking break 

Call the CoOp at 715 634 4841 and ask for Propane prices.  Jump River Electric Cooperative is my power company, they send all customers a yearly check as we all are part owners. Food has not doubled.

Edited by XCR1250

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Call the CoOp at 715 634 4841 and ask for Propane prices.  Jump River Electric Cooperative is my power company, they send all customers a yearly check as we all are part owners. Food has not doubled.

Just bought NY strips last night at $13.99lb , that is double. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just bought NY strips last night at $13.99lb , that is double. 

You notice booze/beer hasn't really changed? I found that kinda weird 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

You notice booze/beer hasn't really changed? I found that kinda weird 

Maybe a 5% uptick on average but beer sale prices still dip down into the normal range. You are correct though , hadn’t though about that. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Maybe a 5% uptick on average but beer sale prices still dip down into the normal range. You are correct though , hadn’t though about that. 

No Russian vooodka available though.

Just now, f7ben said:

Yep, I see some small changes, the 18pk I usually buy was $17.99 it's $18.49, handle of Captain was $26.99 it's $27.99 but buy 3 and get a $10 rebate by mail..so that's actually cheaper than before with the rebate