Check your account email address ×

Anyone doing fireworks on the 4th

• Platinum Contributing Member

Newest addition picking up next weekend and have some 1.3   3 inch shells on order. Should have those in a couple weeks.   Also buddy is taking me to some hijacked firework containers near the pier in NYC in a couple weeks. Stolen stuff, mob related dirt cheap....we are renting a U-Haul and loading up....:lol:pretty excited. 4th right around corner.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Just sold the last of my cobra system, going to Boca Raton to do a show for Zambelli on the forth.

Almost bought the Cobra system but this will do... Much cheaper and I only have to install an app on my phone and I'm good to go.

39 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Almost bought the Cobra system but this will do... Much cheaper and I only have to install an app on my phone and I'm good to go.

I had 30 18m and 4 R2 Hand helds , just sold the last of my Pyromate stuff last week👍

still have one 12 ft enclosed trailer and a bunch of racks of guns to sell and I’m done😊

Edited by Sleepr2

13 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

I had 30 18m and 4 R2 Hand helds , just sold the last of my Pyromate stuff last week👍

still have one 12 ft enclosed trailer and a bunch of racks of guns to sell and I’m done😊

I sure dont miss pyromate

Doing our normal July 3rd show.  Still grandfathered in to shoot and need to shoot at least one show a year. Hopefully that's the only show this year. 

Been doing this show for over 35 years.  Just don't have the interest anymore.

Used to really enjoy them. But life has changed my reaction to some of the percussion .

The one f.o.b would be mortered the whistling noises sound just like them coming down.

I'll hangout with my dog working on equipment quite and calming.

6 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Used to really enjoy them. But life has changed my reaction to some of the percussion .

The one f.o.b would be mortered the whistling noises sound just like them coming down.

I'll hangout with my dog working on equipment quite and calming.

Wow ...a voice from the past. Hope all is well.

My neighbors say they have to give their dogs anti-anxiety meds when I do my fireworks. But they don't mind and usually end up watching them.  I really do hate upsetting the nearby dogs...it doesn't seem to bother my own dogs.

On 6/5/2023 at 8:49 PM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Newest addition picking up next weekend and have some 1.3   3 inch shells on order. Should have those in a couple weeks.   Also buddy is taking me to some hijacked firework containers near the pier in NYC in a couple weeks. Stolen stuff, mob related dirt cheap....we are renting a U-Haul and loading up....:lol:pretty excited. 4th right around corner.

Funny you mentioned this.  The guy we usually buy from said that, of the 3 containers he ordered, he only received 1 of them.  The rest.....he said he has no idea.

On 6/11/2023 at 4:41 PM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Finally going electronic firing this year....will be able to watch from a distance rather than running around with a Bic lighter :lol:

20230609_114154.jpg

I would really like to know how this works for you.  I would like to get a setup something like this for the little stuff we do, but not sure if it would be worth it.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Funny you mentioned this.  The guy we usually buy from said that, of the 3 containers he ordered, he only received 1 of them.  The rest.....he said he has no idea.

Delivery has been an ongoing problem for years, part of the reason I sold my business.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Just got some 3 and 4 inch shells,... personally like the cakes better with the multi-effects, real crowd pleasers.....but these will be nice mid-show and ending for larger breaks.20230614_130207.thumb.jpg.bb2073c52561c7e07c579bddbc0ce6ce.jpg

still waiting on phone call to check out containers. Probably only a day or 2 notice and most likely the week right before the 4th.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

I would really like to know how this works for you.  I would like to get a setup something like this for the little stuff we do, but not sure if it would be worth it.

Will let you know.... haven't even taken out of box or downloaded app yet.  But can setup a whole show with one press of button if I like. Pretty excited.

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Just got some 3 and 4 inch shells,... personally like the cakes better with the multi-effects, real crowd pleasers.....but these will be nice mid-show and ending for larger breaks.20230614_130207.thumb.jpg.bb2073c52561c7e07c579bddbc0ce6ce.jpg

still waiting on phone call to check out containers. Probably only a day or 2 notice and most likely the week right before the 4th.

Will let you know.... haven't even taken out of box or downloaded app yet.  But can setup a whole show with one press of button if I like. Pretty excited.

Yeah, we are only doing cakes this year.  After you posted it, I looked up that Ignite i18.  There is a nice video about it and the show setup seems cool.  Seems like it would be pretty good for us. 

• Like 1

Just made a few oversized firecrackers:lol:....200 g of flash.

Wanted to make these aerials but just don't have the time and too lazy to ball mill a batch of black powder for lift.     

20230618_103524.jpg

20230618_103439.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah seen that before.....idiot placed shell outside of tube or something. Definitely can be dangerous, I try to be as safe as possible. Have seen cakes catastrophically blow up before.  I always make sure to keep a good distance and hose nearby. Lighting electronically from afar will be nice this year.  I got some pretty big shit this year and also some huge whistling strobe rockets which can be very unpredictable. Should be fun :bc:

• 3 weeks later...

Sister in law has a friend who's daughter is a walking shit show.  Early 20s, drug addict, dirtbag boyfriends and a short life of bad choices.  Last weekend, all fucked up, someone blew up something right in her face.  Punctured both ear drums, fractured her cheek bones, orbital sockets, and somehow dislocated her knee.  Good times.  smh.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Sister in law has a friend who's daughter is a walking shit show.  Early 20s, drug addict, dirtbag boyfriends and a short life of bad choices.  Last weekend, all fucked up, someone blew up something right in her face.  Punctured both ear drums, fractured her cheek bones, orbital sockets, and somehow dislocated her knee.  Good times.  smh.

Wow.... That sucks... No wonder you're not particularly fond of consumer use.    

I actually have a lot of respect and  pretty safe when doing these. Fired everything electronically from a distance this year.......very safe and actually got to watch the show with 1 push of button on phone instead of running around with a lighter.... Very small portion of the show I believe this cake was Sentinel.