Check your account email address ×

The problem with this country

f7ben

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that was a little harsh , I may have to walk that back a bit :lol:

Why? None of it was inaccurate. In fact I would say pumping shit is probably more of a contribution to society than skimming off people's retirement fund

Edited by motonoggin

i took some PLC training years ago. didn't use it because of a job change, forgot most of it, but pushing for it again. i love programming, and do quite a bit of it with VB and C#. developing a cool test system now but using a PC instead of a PLC.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i took some PLC training years ago. didn't use it because of a job change, forgot most of it, but pushing for it again. i love programming, and do quite a bit of it with VB and C#. developing a cool test system now but using a PC instead of a PLC.

Holy shit did I hate coding ....I took visual basic in college and quit after the first week. I couldnt take it. There is a major shortage of people who understand PLC's and can work with them. If you can program and work with the hardware as well you can go anywhere in the world and work for the most part.

Is there anyway to have a PC interface with I/O so you can control field devices? I havent looked to much into what is out there but it is cool that some of the old stuff has come down in price far enough where a guy could buy an old processor with integrated I/O module and run some stuff in his garage. It used to be that the programs for writing the logic were cost prohibitive even if you did procure a processor and rack etc but now there are some spartan programs that are free etc

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Holy shit did I hate coding ....I took visual basic in college and quit after the first week. I couldnt take it. There is a major shortage of people who understand PLC's and can work with them. If you can program and work with the hardware as well you can go anywhere in the world and work for the most part.

Is there anyway to have a PC interface with I/O so you can control field devices? I havent looked to much into what is out there but it is cool that some of the old stuff has come down in price far enough where a guy could buy an old processor with integrated I/O module and run some stuff in his garage. It used to be that the programs for writing the logic were cost prohibitive even if you did procure a processor and rack etc but now there are some spartan programs that are free etc

absolutely. what do you think i do, write "hello world" programs? :lol: i'm currently using DAQ modules that are controlled via USB. damn near every device these days comes with VB, C++, C# SDK (sofware development kits) that tie the program to the devices. In my opinion you can do so much more with PCs than PLCs. 

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

absolutely. what do you think i do, write "hello world" programs? :lol: i'm currently using DAQ modules that are controlled via USB. damn near every device these days comes with VB, C++, C# SDK (sofware development kits) that tie the program to the devices. In my opinion you can do so much more with PCs than PLCs. 

it would be nice if there was a program that let you write in ladder or function block on a pc and control some IO

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that was a little harsh , I may have to walk that back a bit :lol:

Its true though....I have this dickhead invester locally hounding me that went out on his own....he worked in the local banks investment area before and knows how much money i have invested there....I told a few of my local buddies what hes doing and they said they would never trust him with their money. :lol:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Rockwell and did that many years ago and it failed miserably.  PC CPU based processor or soft Plc went nowhere.  They always have something for those who want to Tinker, but the cost isn't cheap. 

59 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

How much time do you spend with that junk. 

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Soft PC's have been around forever, but nobody uses then. 

I just like RS 5000 , its what I know and am used too. Siemens is ok but we are using the old s5 with cti software and I/O etc. I am going to some Modicon training in the near future and I assume that will be fairly easy as well

On 2/23/2017 at 4:00 PM, spin_dry said:

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yah ....totally a modern day sweat shop ....where everyone makes 6 figures and the result of the effort is a tangible good. Obviously it takes some hard work ....unlike a crackerjack box finance certification and shuffling peoples money around skimming your cut off the top ....now thats real production and a service to society :lol:

You were worth 1000x more to society when you delivered the bread ....at least that was an honest living 

Avg. salary at EJ is 315k.  I'm on a fast track to be at that level in 2-3 years. I already have my own office, which usually takes 3+ years,  Here's a challenge.  Apply to the company.  If you get a hiring offer, I'll you give you 1000 bucks.  Step up Einstein....you're so fucking smart.  You wouldn't make it past the initial phone screen, let alone the intelligence and personality assessments. :snack:   The funny part, that commercial isn't far off the mark for some companies, but they usually don't last long, and isn't anything you'll see at EJ.  

http://www.oc-breeze.com/2016/01/25/81961_edward-jones-receives-j-d-power-presidents-awards/

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Avg. salary at EJ is 315k.  I'm on a fast track to be at that level in 2-3 years. I already have my own office, which usually takes 3+ years,  Here's a challenge.  Apply to the company.  If you get a hiring offer, I'll you give you 1000 bucks.  Step up Einstein....you're so fucking smart.  You wouldn't make it past the initial phone screen, let alone the intellect and personality assessments. :snack: 

Why would he do that when he can make an honest living?

Avg. salary at EJ is 315k.  I'm on a fast track to be at that level in 2-3 years. I already have my own office, which usually takes 3+ years,  Here's a challenge.  Apply to the company.  If you get a hiring offer, I'll you give you 1000 bucks.  Step up Einstein....you're so fucking smart.  You wouldn't make it past the initial phone screen, let alone the intellect and personality assessments. :snack: 

Amazing work......thanks for proving my point. Also I have and incredible command of the english language and can bullshit with the best of them. I certainly would not bet against me in an interview :lol:

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Jesus Christ destroyed a whole temple full of money changing Wolfies.......and while I dont believe the man was the son of "god" he certainly had some insight into the ills of mankind. In my mind if you scrape your living of the fruits of someone elses labor that makes you a banker.....and bankers pave the road to hell

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You have no idea what you're talking about, so there's that.  If you saw some of the financial messes I've already helped straighten out, think vulnerable senior citizens, you might appreciate what a good FA can do for someone.  Its actually pretty inspiring.  But you know everything, so go with that.  Got any money tucked away?  How is it invested?  This oughta be good. :news: 

You have no idea what you're talking about, so there's that.  If you saw some of the financial messes I've already helped straighten out, think vulnerable senior citizens, you might appreciate what a good FA can do for someone.  Its actually pretty inspiring.  But you know everything, so go with that.  Got any money tucked away?  How is it invested?  This oughta be good. :news: 

100% in medical cannabis. :bc:

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Amazing work......thanks for proving my point. Also I have and incredible command of the english language and can bullshit with the best of them. I certainly would not bet against me in an interview :lol:

You're dumb as a rock, a walking talking parts department dream, and a drunk.  Who the fuck do you think you're kidding? :wtf:  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Jesus Christ destroyed a whole temple full of money changing Wolfies.......and while I dont believe the man was the son of "god" he certainly had some insight into the ills of mankind. In my mind if you scrape your living of the fruits of someone elses labor that makes you a banker.....and bankers pave the road to hell

Please don't comment on an industry that you dont have a clue about.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I just like RS 5000 , its what I know and am used too. Siemens is ok but we are using the old s5 with cti software and I/O etc. I am going to some Modicon training in the near future and I assume that will be fairly easy as well

You are being spoiled with 5000.  We don't even bother doing anything other than Rockwell anymore.