Check your account email address ×

Speech at Central Intelligence Agency headquarters

The claim: “So a reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover, like, 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time Magazine. Like, if Tom Brady is on the cover, it’s one time, because he won the Super Bowl or something, right? I’ve been on for 15 times this year. I don’t think that’s a record, Mike, that can ever be broken. Do you agree with that?”

In fact: Trump’s numbers are well off. He has been on the cover 11 times, Time told Politico, which is not even close to a record: Richard Nixon was on 55 covers. Even if we generously give Trump a pass here — he said he was on covers “like” 14 or 15 times, and he wasn’t sure if he had a record — he his claim about this year is flat wrong. Trump was on eight covers in 2016 and another one on the 2017 week he was speaking here — so either eight or nine total, depending on how you count, not 15.

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The claim: “So a reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover, like, 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time Magazine. Like, if Tom Brady is on the cover, it’s one time, because he won the Super Bowl or something, right? I’ve been on for 15 times this year. I don’t think that’s a record, Mike, that can ever be broken. Do you agree with that?”

In fact: Trump’s numbers are well off. He has been on the cover 11 times, Time told Politico, which is not even close to a record: Richard Nixon was on 55 covers. Even if we generously give Trump a pass here — he said he was on covers “like” 14 or 15 times, and he wasn’t sure if he had a record — he his claim about this year is flat wrong. Trump was on eight covers in 2016 and another one on the 2017 week he was speaking here — so either eight or nine total, depending on how you count, not 15.

This bothered you enough to start a thread and write 2 paragraphs about it? Holy fuckerballs man you need to get a life! :nuts: 

11 hours ago, Edmo said:

This bothered you enough to start a thread and write 2 paragraphs about it? Holy fuckerballs man you need to get a life! :nuts: 

Cut and paste from an actual reporter. I know it's hard for Trump supporters to tell the difference. The first part is a quote from the President. The second part is fact. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Crowd size and how many times you've been "on the cover" is what really counts this day and age. Glad you started this thread. Is there an interview you forgot to mention to?  :justcuz: