gawd, is Biden an Idiot

Biden calls 9mm ‘high-caliber weapons,’ suggests banning them

Joe Biden

Bradford Betz
Mon, May 30, 2022, 2:32 PM

Joe Biden
Joe Biden
46th and current president of the United States

President Biden on Monday took aim at 9mm handguns, appearing to suggest that the "high-caliber weapons" ought to be banned.

The president made the remarks outside the White House after returning from a visit to the site of a mass shooting in Texas where 21 people, including 19 elementary school children, were killed last week.

Recounting a visit to a New York trauma hospital, Biden said doctors showed him X-rays of gunshot wounds.

"They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.

"So, the idea of these high-caliber weapons is, uh, there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of self-protection, hunting," Biden added. "Remember, the constitution was never absolute."

"You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed," Biden said. "You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weaponry."

The president, however, ruled out the possibility of issuing an executive order on guns, saying: "I can’t dictate this stuff."

UVALDE, TEXAS - MAY 26: A memorial is seen surrounding the Robb Elementary School sign following the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School on May 26, 2022 in Uvalde, Texas. According to reports, 19 students and 2 adults were killed, with the gunman fatally shot by law enforcement. <span class="copyright">Photo by Brandon Bell/Getty Images</span>

UVALDE, TEXAS - MAY 26: A memorial is seen surrounding the Robb Elementary School sign following the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School on May 26, 2022 in Uvalde, Texas. According to reports, 19 students and 2 adults were killed, with the gunman fatally shot by law enforcement. Photo by Brandon Bell/Getty Images More

"I can do the things I’ve done and any executive action I can take, I’ll continue to take. But I can’t outlaw a weapon. I can’t change a background check. I can’t do that," he said.

Biden’s comments were in line with his tough stance on guns during the 2020 presidential campaign. Speaking during a fundraising event in Seattle in November 2019, Biden said he supported the Second Amendment but called absolutist arguments about gun-rights "bizarre."

"Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9-mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds," he said.

The 9mm round is the most popular handgun caliber in the United States, accounting for well over half of all handguns produced in 2019, according to Shooting Industry magazine. The data showed that throughout the 2010s, 9mm pistols made up more than 40% of all pistols produced in the United States – or roughly four in every ten pistols.

• Gold Member

"Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9-mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds," Biden the Sniffer said. 

Here in Connecticut after Sandy Hook they already made it illegal/Class D felony to have over 10 round magazine. I had to purchase new magazines just to keep my pistols "legal". 

And of course it did absolutely nothing to stop Gun Violence here, there was several shootings over the weekend. Criminals dont use legal Guns. :news:

What is the appropriate size round for self defense? I know Biden thinks all you need is a double barrel shotgun that you can just fire into the air to scare away any threats. He's a regular Steven seagal that guy. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I love how liberals have adjusted the 2nd to not include protection from police or govt. if the time comes.   Seems to me they forget how the amendments were written specifically to protect us from acts/actions/laws of the govt.  Its the entire premise of the bill of rights....not between fellow citizens.      

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I love how liberals have adjusted the 2nd to not include protection from police or govt. if the time comes.   Seems to me they forget how the amendments were written specifically to protect us from acts/actions/laws of the govt.  Its the entire premise of the bill of rights....not between fellow citizens.      

Liberals want to defund the police. GOP’ers want to load em up with more tactical stuff 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Liberals want to defund the police. GOP’ers want to load em up with more tactical stuff 

Valid point which I can only say not all conservatives do.   Police do play a role and I'm not against them in general for obvious reasons.   They must however be kept in check. :bc:

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Valid point which I can only say not all conservatives do.   Police do play a role and I'm not against them in general for obvious reasons.   They must however be kept in check. :bc:

Cops will fuck you and abuse your rights at the drop of a hat and do it consistently.

Check? They need to be retrained to respect the citizenry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Cops will fuck you and abuse your rights at the drop of a hat and do it consistently.

The policing forces of this country are designed to be comprised of low intellect people who will follow orders. They don’t want people who will act conscientiously when ordered to violate someone’s rights. 

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Agreed that there is a problem and agree that much retraining is needed.  

They should have mandatory reporting on police misconduct just as teachers do on child abuse. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Why not?

Well the FBI already tried it...they found that in order to maintain speed and accuracy they had to lighten the loads. Hence,  back to 9mm

13 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Well the FBI already tried it...they found that in order to maintain speed and accuracy they had to lighten the loads. Hence,  back to 9mm

10mm exceeds 9mm in every category as far as I know. Maybe you lose a little because of felt recoil but idk. The 10mm +p loads got harder than a 45acp as I recall and carry better speed much farther out. Just speaking from memory 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

10mm exceeds 9mm in every category as far as I know. Maybe you lose a little because of felt recoil but idk. The 10mm +p loads got harder than a 45acp as I recall and carry better speed much farther out. Just speaking from memory 

Yes, they hit harder...but second and third shot follow up suffer due to recoil. 

12 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

FWIW I have a P220 in 45 and 10.....the 10 is pretty spicy.

I suppose it certainly makes a difference if you need to quickly engage multiple targets.