Check your account email address ×

Overcoming the 'supply chain' debacle

How much manufacturing have we brought back home since the great toilet paper shortage of 2020?

Seems to me we're still waiting on shiploads of product from around the world to get here to assemble 'things' or put them on the shelves.   

Am I wrong here?  Have we learned anything?  Xi is laughing at us.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

How much manufacturing have we brought back home since the great toilet paper shortage of 2020?

Seems to me we're still waiting on shiploads of product from around the world to get here to assemble 'things' or put them on the shelves.   

Company I work for is a distributor for aftermarket parts, we switched to a different line if parts in April due to shortages, Old parts company was running around a 60% fill rate and back orders were 4-6 weeks out, new company has 87% made in America, a 95% fill rate, and back orders filled in about 48 hours..So yeah it was a very good move..

FYI, there was never a TP shortage, it was just sitting in warehouses, there was a hauler shortage, TP takes up a lot of space in a trailer..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Company I work for is a distributor for aftermarket parts, we switched to a different line if parts in April due to shortages, Old parts company was running around a 60% fill rate and back orders were 4-6 weeks out, new company has 87% made in America, a 95% fill rate, and back orders filled in about 48 hours..So yeah it was a very good move..

FYI, there was never a TP shortage, it was just sitting in warehouses, there was a hauler shortage, TP takes up a lot of space in a trailer..

True, but there was a shortage in Australia that caused people to start to hoard TP here. Just another one of the stupid things that coronavirus caused.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

And just in time for an upcoming Teamster longshoreman strike.  Wtf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

look deeper. It’s why there’s a baby formula shortage here in the US and not Canada.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

look deeper. It’s why there’s a baby formula shortage here in the US and not Canada.

Oh look! The “ wise old owl” is back with his leading questions   :lol:

• Gold Member

Just come out and say orange man bad, we all know thats what you were told to think.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's more to it...

Yup but not worth my time to explain the millions that was recalled because a big corp never followed safety procedures, the worldwide pandemic and the hustlers that bought the stock so they can sell it on eBay for 10 times it’s value.

But yeah Joe BIDEN DID IT.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Yup but not worth my time to explain the millions that was recalled because a big corp never followed safety procedures, the worldwide pandemic and the hustlers that bought the stock so they can sell it on eBay for 10 times it’s value.

So it’s a secret only you know :lol:

Actually it was Pelosi. Bidens just not man enough to fix the problem.

22 hours ago, Mainecat said:

there was a recall but the FDA couldn't find the cause at the plant, just government dragging it's feet clearing the plant for production