Check your account email address ×

Silverado Rear Blinker Failure

• Platinum Contributing Member

2018 Silverado RR Blinker Failure message pops up and I have the typical very fast blinking but the taillight portion of the bulb doesn’t work..no biggie buy some bulbs and replace and same thing is happening. Anybody have a tip or secret on how to fix this? Could the bulb socket be bad? Bad ground? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, sleepybrew said:

tail lamp harnesses are complete garbage on this generation of truck. shoot me the last 8 of your vin, i'll give you an idea how much and the part number if you like

Will do thanks! BTW surprised at how much road crap, dirt and sand gets in behind the taillight assembly….eesshh.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Will do thanks! BTW surprised at how much road crap, dirt and sand gets in behind the taillight assembly….eesshh.

some take the light out and wash inside in the spring. that salt in there will eat the truck from the inside out

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

some take the light out and wash inside in the spring. that salt in there will eat the truck from the inside out

Good idea.

I messaged the last 8 of the VIN

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

least of your worries

What else is a known issue on these? I need shocks, rotors and pads for all four wheels already for regular maintenance. 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

What else is a known issue on these? I need shocks, rotors and pads for all four wheels already for regular maintenance. 

If you're not towing get the cheap overseas pads and rotors. It always lasted me longer than oem.

:bc:

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

If you're not towing get the cheap overseas pads and rotors. It always lasted me longer than oem.

:bc:

I don't tow a lot maybe 15 times a year with my enclosed and a couple time with the boat

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I see those taillight pockets rotted to shit all the time on the Chevy/gmc trucks. Fluid film the crap out of it while the light is out very common spot to rust on those trucks and cost a fortune to get fixed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

least of your worries

I was never so satisfied as I was the day I got rid of my lemon of an 09 Sierra. Like I said a few years ago, it will be years and years, if ever, that I own another GM truck. Worst truck I have ever owned.

Speaking of rust/corrosion issues, it amazes me more people, if available, don't get their vehicles undercoated every year. At the very least, especially with today's tin cans, get the garden hose up and under there and spray the shit out of it until all the dark dirty water disappears. This is a must, imo.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, irv said:

I was never so satisfied as I was the day I got rid of my lemon of an 09 Sierra. Like I said a few years ago, it will be years and years, if ever, that I own another GM truck. Worst truck I have ever owned.

Speaking of rust/corrosion issues, it amazes me more people, if available, don't get their vehicles undercoated every year. At the very least, especially with today's tin cans, get the garden hose up and under there and spray the shit out of it until all the dark dirty water disappears. This is a must, imo.

i bathe my truck in fluid film every october. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i bathe my truck in fluid film every october. 

Yep, money well spent, imo. Is Rust Check or Krown available? Fluid Film is spendy so that is why I use those other products. 

https://www.rustcheck.ca/

46 minutes ago, irv said:

Probably my 5th GM truck in a row now with no complaints. Last one was totaled out when someone rear ended me doing about 50 and I was at a dead stop. No injuries, bruises or even a scratch but the frame was split on both sides from the impact

12 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i use like 5 cans, 50.00. local guy will spray with a paint gun for like 250.00. 

It's around $140-$150 up here for Rust Check or Krown on a full size ex cab pickup and around $120-30 for a full size car. $250 is getting up there but I assume that is with FF? 

1 minute ago, irv said:

It's around $140-$150 up here for Rust Check or Krown on a full size ex cab pickup and around $120-30 for a full size car. $250 is getting up there but I assume that is with FF? 

he will saturate the entire bottom with the truck on a lift. plus any pockets, and may spray up in the quarters

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

he will saturate the entire bottom with the truck on a lift. plus any pockets, and may spray up in the quarters

I prefer Rust Check over Krown as I personally think it is better and lasts longer but using anything is better than nothing at all.

Just now, sleepybrew said:

years ago those guys would clog the drains and the door filled up with water. they are probably cautious now

With FF or something other? FF is on the thick side so I can see that but those drains should be cleared/cleaned out annually, especially if you have lots of trees around.

Just now, irv said:

With FF or something other? FF is on the thick side so I can see that but those drains should be cleared/cleaned out annually, especially if you have lots of trees around.

back then it was sticky shit like rusty jones , etc. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, irv said:

The dealer rust protection is a wax  based and definitely blocks drains and causes more rust.  I didn't know rust check was still in business. I haven't see on in years.