Check your account email address ×

Le TITS now

17 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

we are required to put something down on the bridges to protect them from studs, i put old belting from aggregate conveyors from the black top plants, the shit is heavy and a pain in the ass and I don't get any help, that was the last thing I had left to do, all I got left is to take signs apart and put away, going to pay the grandsons to do that

It's stupid heavy, but tough as nails.

I put that down on my shop floor when the groomer comes in. 

I had to cut it into 40 foot pieces, to  be able to even lift it a foot in the air.

• Like 1

Luckily most of our bridges only have to cross small creeks - 4 creosote poles (2 per side aligned with the groomer tracks) with 2x10’s across does the job pretty well for us.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

we just put wear strips of wood down on most of our bridges.   replace them every once in awhile.  

this bridge is a multi-use trail, it is part of the NYS Erie Canal Heritage trail here in NY have to remove belting per use arrangement

47 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Luckily most of our bridges only have to cross small creeks - 4 creosote poles (2 per side aligned with the groomer tracks) with 2x10’s across does the job pretty well for us.

this is a former 2 track railroad bridge that was resurfaced for the Canal trail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

this bridge is a multi-use trail, it is part of the NYS Erie Canal Heritage trail here in NY have to remove belting per use arrangement

a lot of our was multiuse state forest but they didn't require that.  lots benefited from the sled clubs efforts since the other uses aren't going to band together to make bridges.  

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

a lot of our was multiuse state forest but they didn't require that.  lots benefited from the sled clubs efforts since the other uses aren't going to band together to make bridges.  

We have 3 bridges we were supposed to do we stopped doing the others and they haven't said Anything, this was rebuilt 2 years ago I don't think I will put it down next year, this is the longest of the 3 at 270 feet crossing the Erie Canal