Check your account email address ×

Mighty Mac Closed Again

• Platinum Contributing Member

Currently the Mackinac Bridge is closed to all traffic due to hazardous ice falling from the bridge cables and towers.  There is no expected schedule for reopening. When conditions improve, the bridge will be reopened to traffic.  Here's 3 current pics. of the bridge.

3FAAF5F7-CE26-4FF3-A577-6D3391D42528.thumb.jpeg.b840583a3fbf9b98e6227384bcf237e9.jpeg07C3DB52-0CE1-49CE-9884-4AFE20BD7AA9.thumb.jpeg.89e74634438677000c4c5fb42c0d23f6.jpegC8599615-FC6E-41FC-9A2F-21244D61779E.thumb.jpeg.4fbb8a163292f4907b110f94e3f53988.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Man, I shit my pants going over bridges like that. I don't do well with heights at all..:lol:

Me TOO!!!! That first pic made my stomach turn :yikes:

38 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Man, I shit my pants going over bridges like that. I don't do well with heights at all..:lol:

the one crossing the Hudson on 90 heading to Mass got me going to Cannan with walking floor trailers, fucker had one lane closed with no decking and only barrels, puckered up pretty good going across that fucker

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Me and a bud had to get out of the truck right in the middle of the bridge one time chasing snow in November. Middle of the night, pitch dark with howling winds. I got out of the passenger side and as soon as I got in front of the truck the wind pushed me over 3 or 4 feet! My hat disappeared instantly. Was a fucking rush  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Me either. I was painting the staircase going downstairs this weekend. Standing on a pick that was stuck through a 16 foot ladder. I was shitting my pants. :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

the one crossing the Hudson on 90 heading to Mass got me going to Cannan with walking floor trailers, fucker had one lane closed with no decking and only barrels, puckered up pretty good going across that fucker

my friends are bridge painters, and hang all over that bridge. they do them all , scary shit. 

43 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

my friends are bridge painters, and hang all over that bridge. they do them all , scary shit. 

I ran out there for about a year hauling C&D from a transfer station in Cannan and hated that bridge, ran out empty and you could feel the wind, and having that lane with no decking made it worse looking down at the water, don't miss that bridge one bit

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

28 feet short of 5 miles long, mid span you're a little over 200 feet above the water, the bridge can swing/sway a total of 35 feet left to right - you'll never really feel it move but the way it's designed it's suppose to move that much for the winds blowing thru the shipping channel.

Mike Rowe aka dirty jobs did a show on about that bridge, he walked up the bridge to the top of the tower to change a light bulb, look it up on Youtube.

• Like 2