Check your account email address ×

Man who says he was Omar Mateen's gay lover speaks out

It appears he was pissed initially because he was rejected by Puerto Ricans and subsequently because slept with some Puerto Rican that had the HIV.

Man who says he was Omar Mateen's gay lover speaks out

AAhpOQI.img?h=728&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

ORLANDO -- A man who says he was Orlando shooter Omar Mateen's gay lover is speaking out following the attack on Pulse nightclub that left 49 people dead, and dozens more injured.

In an interview with Univision anchor Maria Elena Salinas, the man -- who was called "Miguel" to protect his identity -- said he first met Mateen on the gay dating app Grindr.

Watch: Man who reported Mateen to FBI speaks out

Univision reported the FBI told the network that investigators have spoken with this man, but a law enforcement official would neither confirm nor deny this to CBS News.

The official told CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton that Mateen was a frequent user of online dating sites seeking relationships with both men and women.

Men and women have come forward to the FBI claiming to have had a relationship with Mateen, according to the law enforcement official, and all of those claims are being investigated.

Miguel said in an interview with Univision that Mateen, who was killed by police during the rampage on the Pulse nightclub early on June 12, was gay. He described his relationship with Mateen as "friends with benefits."

He said the sexual relationship lasted about two months, and they met at a hotel in Orlando between 15 and 20 times.

Miguel told Univison that he believes Mateen intentionally targeted Latinos in retribution for feeling rejected by Puerto Ricans.

"I believe this is not terrorism," Miguel said, despite investigators saying Mateen called 911 and posted to Facebook to pledge allegiance to ISIS during the rampage.

Rather, Miguel claimed Mateen was acting on revenge after being with a Puerto Rican man whom he later learned was HIV positive.

"He hate gay Puerto Ricans for all the stuff he did to him," Miguel said. "I believe this crazy horrible thing he did was for revenge."

Miguel said that Mateen's wife knew he was gay, and that his father forced him into an arranged marriage.

Miguel added that he and Mateen also talked about religion.

"He said Muslim religion is beautiful, beautiful religion, where everything is about love," he said. "Everybody is welcome. Gay, trans, bisexual... everybody."

Miguel said that Mateen never appeared to be violent.

"He was looking for love," Miguel said. "He was looking to be embraced.

Investigators have said Mateen "cased" the Pulse nightclub prior to the night of the massacre. There has also been speculation about the gunman's sexuality.

A U.S. official with knowledge of the situation previously told CBS News that club-goers have told investigators that Mateen had been at Pulse numerous times previously. Additionally, other media outlets have heard several stories of Mateen popping up and conversing with men on gay dating apps.

Jim Van Horn, 71, said Mateen was a "regular" at the popular Pulse nightclub.

Van Horn, a retired pharmacist, said he met Mateen once, and the younger man talked about his ex-wife. But Van Horn said his friends soon "told me they didn't want me talking to him, because they thought he was a strange person."

The Orlando Sentinel and other news organizations quoted other regulars from Pulse who said they had seen Mateen there a number of times, and many said he was at best strange, at worst a little scary.

"Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent," said Ty Smith, who remembered seeing Mateen inside at least a dozen times.

Asked about his son's sexual orientation last week, Seddique Mir Mateen said he did not believe his son was gay.

"To me, that is wrong," Mateen's father told CBS News correspondent David Begnaud.

The elder Mateen said he learned of the speculation from news reports, but as far as he was concerned, "I didn't see any of it and I don't believe that was the case."

While it is still possible Mateen was just very closely surveying his chosen target for terror, former senior FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole told CBS News that doesn't seem likely.

"This to me suggests somebody that may have had sexual identity issues and may have actually been struggling with the idea that he himself was gay and that would add a different motive and a different perspective on the case," O'Toole said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-who-says-he-was-omar-mateens-gay-lover-speaks-out/ar-AAhpOQM

Edited by Mileage Psycho

Isn't this classic.  To make him out to be gay.  It's the perfect scenario for democrats.  They don't have to make anyone out to be the bad guy. Everyone is still the victim.  In fact now, they can play it like he was just a misunderstood muslim confused about his sexuality.  I think it is an hilarious twist of events.

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Isn't this classic.  To make him out to be gay.  It's the perfect scenario for democrats.  They don't have to make anyone out to be the bad guy. Everyone is still the victim.  In fact now, they can play it like he was just a misunderstood muslim confused about his sexuality.  I think it is an hilarious twist of events.

No one is making him out to be gay, it's become pretty evident that he was a gay guy, maybe if you would pray harder you could pray away the gay in the world, you gotta keep trying racer!

Of course........

No need to examine his political leanings or influences.

Being a Muslim Democrat spoiled all the fun.

No protests, public destruction, this could have been their Trayvon Martin  wave they rode all the way to the white house.

It's still early, and Florida is full of wakos  , fingers crossed.

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No one is making him out to be gay, it's become pretty evident that he was a gay guy, maybe if you would pray harder you could pray away the gay in the world, you gotta keep trying racer!

Why would I want to do that?  I think the whole Orlando situation is a travesty.  The guy was a muslim who wanted to kill some people in the name of Islam.  Trying to omit the references or do anything else to get the focus away from that is what the Democrats are trying to do.  Don't you see that?

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Could be as the guy in the picture is ugly enough to be Momo.

It's halarious when the penis headed midget dago fuck halucinates he has a fucking clue about anything :guzzle: 

Edited by Momorider

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

It's halarious when the penis headed midget dago fuck halucinates he has a fucking clue about anything :guzzle: 

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I didn't think homosexuals were capable of violence.  

Why would some people try so hard to frame this in any way other than what is actually is?  Think hard about that.  Voters are really starting to stand up and take notice.

Meanwhile.... i still have my "assault rifle" and 30 round mags...xD

Absolutely nothing will get done again. Fucking amazing. Its like 4 or 5 days and no one gives a shit anymore.

Frankly i am looking at getting a SBR next. Because why not. :bc:

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Why would I want to do that?  I think the whole Orlando situation is a travesty.  The guy was a muslim who wanted to kill some people in the name of Islam.  Trying to omit the references or do anything else to get the focus away from that is what the Democrats are trying to do.  Don't you see that?

He was Muslim but not religious at all. Haven't you read up on it at all? His X wife said from the beginning he wasn't a religious man. They need to do something about issis in a big way and I think it's a huge problem the Democrats are dragging their feet on,but I honestly think this was just a crazy guy that snapped. Worst part as always there were lots of warning signs but warning signs ain't against the law. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Why would some people try so hard to frame this in any way other than what is actually is?  Think hard about that.  Voters are really starting to stand up and take notice.

Just STFU.  You're so goddam dumb it's mind numbing :nuts::joint:

36 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Just STFU.  You're so goddam dumb it's mind numbing :nuts::joint:

You hate having to answer questions that you can't look up on DUH.  You get your undies all tied up in knots.  LOL

44 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

He was Muslim but not religious at all. Haven't you read up on it at all? His X wife said from the beginning he wasn't a religious man. They need to do something about issis in a big way and I think it's a huge problem the Democrats are dragging their feet on,but I honestly think this was just a crazy guy that snapped. Worst part as always there were lots of warning signs but warning signs ain't against the law. 

They were married for 4 months and others have said different.  Have you been reading up on it?

But one friend said Mateen became steadily more religious after his divorce and went on a religious pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

“He was quite religious,” said the friend, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity. Yet, he added, if Mateen had sympathies for the Islamic State or other terrorist groups, he never mentioned them.

For several years, Mateen regularly attended the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce and was there as recently as two days ago, said Imam Shafiq Rahman on Sunday.

The imam said Mateen’s father and young son would pray with him, and Mateen’s three sisters were active volunteers at the mosque, which had about 150 congregants.

Edited by racer254

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They were married for 4 months and others have said different.  Have you been reading up on it?

But one friend said Mateen became steadily more religious after his divorce and went on a religious pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

“He was quite religious,” said the friend, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity. Yet, he added, if Mateen had sympathies for the Islamic State or other terrorist groups, he never mentioned them.

For several years, Mateen regularly attended the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce and was there as recently as two days ago, said Imam Shafiq Rahman on Sunday.

The imam said Mateen’s father and young son would pray with him, and Mateen’s three sisters were active volunteers at the mosque, which had about 150 congregants.

They were married in April of 2009 and devorced in July 2011. There seems to be a lot of conflicting stories about his faith. Dude was crazy for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

They were married in April of 2009 and devorced in July 2011. There seems to be a lot of conflicting stories about his faith. Dude was crazy for sure. 

Sorry, they were "together" for 4 months.  The divorce took a while.  And yeah, way too many stories out there right now.  And ever since I heard about omitting certain parts of the 911 call, I realize that there is some bs going on to make it sound a certain way.

Hilarious, The guy carries out a terrorist attack, Calls, posts,  multiple exclamations of his undying devotion to Islam, but he cant be believed.

I don't care if he  sucked a dick in the bathroom 5 mins before the attack......What difference does it make?

He was radicalized Muslim terrorist, Alah can worry about whether he was a good one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Hilarious, The guy carries out a terrorist attack, Calls, posts,  multiple exclamations of his undying devotion to Islam, but he cant be believed.

I don't care if he  sucked a dick in the bathroom 5 mins before the attack......What difference does it make?

He was radicalized Muslim terrorist, Alah can worry about whether he was a good one.

Just now, Highmark said:

A gay/latino bashing homosexual muslim.   Wow, you don't hear of that every day.

Yeah, But the USA caused his radicalism.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, But the USA caused his radicalism.

I was kind of being sarcastic.   Its well known Muslim's hate homosexuals.