Check your account email address ×

Mock C tuned with stock ECU

3 things impact where a turbo motor makes power....intake and port restriction , exhaust restriction and turbo sizing 

as you raise boost pressure and allow rpm to climb peak hp will continually shift to the right until you meet a flow restriction or the turbo starts to run off the map

these are facts 

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

3 things impact where a turbo motor makes power....intake and port restriction , exhaust restriction and turbo sizing 

as you raise boost pressure and allow rpm to climb peak hp will continually shift to the right until you meet a flow restriction or the turbo starts to run off the map

these are facts 

Turbo engine are still subject to the helmholtz effect like an NA engine. They often carry further providing the turbo can supply the air due to the lack of valve overlap which also works in an NA engine 

Intake\exhaust pressure differential is about the only difference between NA and turbio when it comes to harmonics 

a turbio moteur can carry far past peak or not depending how it’s designed just like an NA moteur 

Just now, ACE said:

Turbo engine are still subject to the helmholtz effect like an NA engine. They often carry further providing the turbo can supply the air due to the lack of valve overlap which also works in an NA engine 

Intake\exhaust pressure differential is about the only difference between NA and turbio when it comes to harmonics 

a turbio moteur can carry far past peak or not depending how it’s designed just like an NA moteur 

Sure but running a turbo motor at 7500rpm where it’s making great torque or upping the boost given a good size turbo and running it at 9k rpm isn’t going to cost you much efficiency like it would in an NA motor. 

There’s a reason why you can run a turbo motor at 7500 rpm or 8k rpm or 8500 rpm or 9500 rpm and make great power at each step. You are force feeding the fucking thing and small losses in efficiency aren’t nearly as critical as with an NA motor 

Sure but running a turbo motor at 7500rpm where it’s making great torque or upping the boost given a good size turbo and running it at 9k rpm isn’t going to cost you much efficiency like it would in an NA motor. 

There’s a reason why you can run a turbo motor at 7500 rpm or 8k rpm or 8500 rpm or 9500 rpm and make great power at each step. You are force feeding the fucking thing and small losses in efficiency aren’t nearly as critical as with an NA motor 

You can do that with an NA engine as well. It’ll peak lower but hold a lot longer 

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

You can do that with an NA engine as well. It’ll peak lower but hold a lot longer 

To put it as simply as possible ...as long as your turbo is still operating efficiently you can continue to increase boost and rpm and the motor will continue to make more power. You will get to a point where the turbo will no longer deliver additional air required to overcome the efficiency loss and power will start to fall off. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, f7ben said:

So why would simply turning up the boost make it better? 

Well if the power is increased and went up in rpm it "could" still use stock clutching.

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well if the power is increased and went up in rpm it "could" still use stock clutching.

Well if the power is increased and the clutching was the same obviously the rpm went up 

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

It’s an anemic motor ....it’s never going to be fast. Also who’s going to buy a 25k sled and then immediately void the warranty just to be able keep up with a stock winder? 

Disagree, it is fast and pretty damn close to a Winder with better handling and ride

6 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

A friends Mach ran 103 in 700ft this past weekend. Played with the clutching a bit and only has about 100 miles on it. Not that shabby. "Stock" Sidewinders were a bit faster.

Have 500 kilometers on mine now, feels much better than it did. Son and I were out today on the lake, couple inches of powder. I jumped him from a standing stop on my 850 Renegade and held on for a couple seconds but he went flying past and kept distancing. Said it settled in at 7800rpm, 200 higher than new

Here's the dream-o meter readings

kph.thumb.jpg.976e26ec9087117e98a1b0719e90fe61.jpg

And for south of the border

mph.thumb.jpg.38ea965f25867fcebcd256e001034ee5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldslowsledder said:

Disagree, it is fast and pretty damn close to a Winder with better handling and ride

Have 500 kilometers on mine now, feels much better than it did. Son and I were out today on the lake, couple inches of powder. I jumped him from a standing stop on my 850 Renegade and held on for a couple seconds but he went flying past and kept distancing. Said it settled in at 7800rpm, 200 higher than new

Here's the dream-o meter readings

kph.thumb.jpg.976e26ec9087117e98a1b0719e90fe61.jpg

And for south of the border

mph.thumb.jpg.38ea965f25867fcebcd256e001034ee5.jpg

You must have a good one.....most full kill tune 900s struggle to get past stock winders 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well if the power is increased and the clutching was the same obviously the rpm went up 

Yes and if the power curve also increased or didn't fall off that clutching could easily be acceptable.

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Helmholtz resonance will be found in any chamber with an opening, but isn't at all relevant to the discussion here.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes and if the power curve also increased or didn't fall off that clutching could easily be acceptable.

That’s been my point all along. Tell that to HSR who claimed you couldn’t add power without changing clutching. He also stated the same clutch setup could never work at multiple different power levels 

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Helmholtz resonance will be found in any chamber with an opening, but isn't at all relevant to the discussion here.  

He was grasping a bit there lol

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

these are facts 

And exactly why stock clutching might work fine.

Just now, f7ben said:

That’s been my point all along. Tell that to HSR who claimed you couldn’t add power without changing clutching. He also stated the same clutch setup could never work at multiple different power levels 

Sorry I thought you were claiming that.   My bad again.:lmao:

Just now, Highmark said:

And exactly why stock clutching might work fine.

Exactly ....there are also some other benefits to that type of scheme. Namely moving away from the torque peak by spinning a motor at a higher rpm provides significant detonation resistance 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Nope. Intake harmonics play a role regardless of whether it’s boosted or NA 

Right but in a boosted application where the harmonics cost you a few hp it matters very little cause you simply jam a little more air and fuel in lol

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Obviously, like others have noted, clutch calibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level

Your info Benny boi

Exactly ....there are also some other benefits to that type of scheme. Namely moving away from the torque peak by spinning a motor at a higher rpm provides significant detonation resistance 

Yep.  Went thu thus tuning my STM on my winder.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hurricane liked doing that to bandaid their shitty tunes 

Just now, ACE said:

Hurricane liked doing that to bandaid their shitty tunes 

It’s not a bandaid. If you take 300hp at 7700rpm and 300hp at 8800 rpm the lower rpm sled will probably be slightly faster but it’s going to need much more octane 

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Obviously, like others have noted, clutch calibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level

Your info Benny boi

Post the whole quote 

Just now, f7ben said:

Post the whole quote 

No need that is all I stated and your hero agreed , you clutch for peak power. Why wouldn't you?? You're belt blowing POS is proof it doesn't work.