Check your account email address ×

Mock C tuned with stock ECU

Just now, HSR said:

No need that is all I stated and your hero agreed , you clutch for peak power. Why wouldn't you?? You're belt blowing POS is proof it doesn't work.

Man are you a fucking dumbfuck. The very next line of that quote is

”The exception to this”

You fucking disingenuous piece of fucking retarded shit :lol: 

Just now, f7ben said:

Man are you a fucking dumbfuck. The very next line of that quote is

”The exception to this”

You fucking disingenuous piece of fucking retarded shit :lol: 

Obviously, like others have noted, clutch calibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s not a bandaid. If you take 300hp at 7700rpm and 300hp at 8800 rpm the lower rpm sled will probably be slightly faster but it’s going to need much more octane 

right. Clutching it properly makes it faster. If you’re getting less detonation problems by unloading the engine then you aren’t working it

Just now, ACE said:

right. Clutching it properly makes it faster. If you’re getting less detonation problems by unloading the engine then you aren’t working it

But if you’re trail riding and not racing what difference does that slight improvement make if it costs you det resistance? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s not a bandaid. If you take 300hp at 7700rpm and 300hp at 8800 rpm the lower rpm sled will probably be slightly faster but it’s going to need much more octane 

Yep.   With my STM set up I was trying to really work the motor down to mid 8's.   Ended up even a bit lower and couldn't stay off the deto sensor even on c16.   Lots of guys also claimed the 998 didn't like the harmonics of the 4 post.   Thing was a complete animal on that set up but obviously I didn't stay with it for long.

Just now, Highmark said:

Yep.   With my STM set up I was trying to really work the motor down to mid 8's.   Ended up even a bit lower and couldn't stay off the deto sensor even on c16.   Lots of guys also claimed the 998 didn't like the harmonics of the 4 post.   Thing was a complete animal on that set up but obviously I didn't stay with it for long.

I honestly like the buzzier snappier feeling of light clutching and high rpm. You’d have trouble telling they are slower unless lining up or running on timers. The rev happy motor is more fun to ride.

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

But if you’re trail riding and not racing what difference does that slight improvement make if it costs you det resistance? 

Boostane tbh 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I honestly like the buzzier snappier feeling of light clutching and high rpm. You’d have trouble telling they are slower unless lining up or running on timers. The rev happy motor is more fun to ride.

Well that’s a different issue but I agree 

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Agreed.  Also may backshift a bit better which is a huge deal for me even on boosted turbo's. 

Edited by Highmark

54 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think HSR might have actually killed himself this time!!!! 

I finally won!!!!

Yay Me !!!

Obviously, like others have noted, clutch calibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level

Ben this started over YOU adding 60?hp to YOUR stock clutching,,I felt you should do some clutching ,,you felt otherwise. Then you say your STOCK set up runs high on rpm and clutches hot. Blew 2 belts in 50 miles on a fucking river because the STOCK set up didn't work.THEN you claimed you changed to an aftermarket belt intentionally to reduce rpm and heat,,,why? Because stock didn't work. Nobody was talking about the "exception to the rule". So if I annoy you,,right the fuck on,,,I will continue to until you quit bringing me up:bc:  or you run away to TBP again,,which ever comes first.:news:

48 minutes ago, HSR said:

Ben this started over YOU adding 60?hp to YOUR stock clutching,,I felt you should do some clutching ,,you felt otherwise. Then you say your STOCK set up runs high on rpm and clutches hot. Blew 2 belts in 50 miles on a fucking river because the STOCK set up didn't work.THEN you claimed you changed to an aftermarket belt intentionally to reduce rpm and heat,,,why? Because stock didn't work. Nobody was talking about the "exception to the rule". So if I annoy you,,right the fuck on,,,I will continue to until you quit bringing me up:bc:  or you run away to TBP again,,which ever comes first.:news:

That is bullshit. I put 700 miles on before the first belt blew and the 2nd one was unknown condition. I then went 1800 hard miles on the next belt. 

You are a liar and a momo who is dumb as fuck. 

Just now, f7ben said:

YOU GOT PWND !!!! :lol: 

You've never pwnd anybody on clutching on 2 sites :lol: Tom schooled you in Tomas's thread :lol: You're a joke son:bc:

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

You've never pwnd anybody on clutching on 2 sites :lol: Tom schooled you in Tomas's thread :lol: You're a joke son:bc:

Well Tom loves to troll me but even he couldn’t disagree on the turbo clutching. You got owned 

On 1/2/2021 at 8:36 AM, f7ben said:

I blew 2 belts in 50 miles. My clutches we boiling hot.  

:dunno::dunno::wtf:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

That is bullshit. I put 700 miles on before the first belt blew and the 2nd one was unknown condition. I then went 1800 hard miles on the next belt. 

You are a liar and a momo who is dumb as fuck. 

Ok F7momo. Motherfucking :owned::lol::lol: What a fucking bullshitter,you can't even remember what you post:lol:

SHUT ER DOWN OT !!!!!1111!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

:dunno::dunno::wtf:

Ok F7momo. Motherfucking :owned::lol::lol: What a fucking bullshitter,you can't even remember what you post:lol:

SHUT ER DOWN OT !!!!!1111!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!

Yes...I blew a belt with 700 miles on it and an unknown spare. Every sled that day blew belts. Every clutch was boiling hot. 12” of powder over 12” of slush. It had nothing to do with clutching. 

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Nope. Intake harmonics play a role regardless of whether it’s boosted or NA 

And if you understood the rudimentary helmholtz equation you'd realize that the square of the pressure in the cavity is proportional to the resonance.  So the only role here is in the designer not being an idiot.