Check your account email address ×

End this right here and now...

Snake

Russian President Vladimir Putin would not have invaded Ukraine had President Trump still been in office, a majority of Americans said according to the results of a new poll. The survey released Friday from the Harvard Center for American Political Studies (CAPS)-Harris Poll found that 62% of Americans believed Putin would not have pulled the trigger if Trump were still president, The Hill reported.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I think Biden's predictability is what lead to the invasion, We all know Trump had zero predictability and he proved that to Vlad in Syria with the killing of the 22 Russians

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I think Biden's predictability is what lead to the invasion, We all know Trump had zero predictability and he proved that to Vlad in Syria with the killing of the 22 Russians

Thought it was 200?

That, and the abject destruction of General Salami put the fear of God into a lot of tin pot dictators...

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Thought it was 200?

That, and the abject destruction of General Salami put the fear of God into a lot of tin pot dictators...

I'm not a 100% on the #, I thought it was 22 but a very well could be wrong..

And I agree on the 2nd paragraph

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Either way, a message was delivered... and received... loud and clear.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Either way, a message was delivered... and received... loud and clear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I'm not convinced that Putin would not have invaded had Trump been in office but I am convinced that our response would have been different.

I can agree with that

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I'm not convinced that Putin would not have invaded had Trump been in office but I am convinced that our response would have been different.

Most likely. Trump's lousy relationship with EU leaders would've made it difficult to pull together a coalition for across the board sanctions. That would've left Trump with two options. Scolding Putin verbally or sending in troops and air power.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Russian President Vladimir Putin would not have invaded Ukraine had President Trump still been in office, a majority of Americans said according to the results of a new poll. The survey released Friday from the Harvard Center for American Political Studies (CAPS)-Harris Poll found that 62% of Americans believed Putin would not have pulled the trigger if Trump were still president, The Hill reported.

He was hoping poopie pants Joe would just go hide in his basement!

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Most likely. Trump's lousy relationship with EU leaders would've made it difficult to pull together a coalition for across the board sanctions. That would've left Trump with two options. Scolding Putin verbally or sending in troops and air power.

I doubt it, I think those sanctions would have occurred with Trump(perhaps in spite of). I also think we would bombing the ever loving shit out of Russian ground forces as well.

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I doubt it, I think those sanctions would have occurred with Trump(perhaps in spite of). I also think we would bombing the ever loving shit out of Russian ground forces as well.

So Trump would've called for a direct confrontation with Russian troops? Why? 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

So Trump would've called for a direct confrontation with Russian troops? Why? 

I doubt we'd have boots on the ground, certainly not large scale. But we for sure would be launching missiles and dropping bombs. We would also be arming the Ukrainian military and populace.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

No one knows how many mercenaries were embedded with Syrian troops. They were part of Russian's version of Blackwater. That might be a stretch because they're less structured and equipped than Blackwater. I'm guessing a handful were embedded. They capture and hold oil facilities over run by extremists. They get a cut of the proceeds. The Americans were held up at a Conoco oil depot out in the middle of no where when they were attacked. It was a bad day for the other guys. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I doubt we'd have boots on the ground, certainly not large scale. But we for sure would be launching missiles and dropping bombs. We would also be arming the Ukrainian military and populace.

They already are armed with a plethora of American weapons. There's a quarter billion dollars more American weaponry heading their way. One thing America is never shy about is giving out weapons. iSIS got a shit load from Obama. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

They already are armed with a plethora of American weapons. There's a quarter billion dollars more American weaponry heading their way. One thing America is never shy about is giving out weapons. iSIS got a shit load from Obama. 

Yep, and we'd be sending more. They have a shit load of Russian weapons, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

It seems to always come back to bite us in the ass. Maybe we'll get it right one of these times. Here's what's so odd. When China was funneling in arms to Afghanistan, US senators were losing their shit. Now we're doing the same, but it's supposed to be different. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Its good business for Congress to give away weapons and get kickbacks in the process.

27 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

And yet, democrats are constantly trying to disarm the American populace.  Why is that?

Based on Trumps comments about Crimea who knows what he would have done and maybe the scumbag Putin wouldn't have invaded. I think Putin saw the division in this country and the fact that the US is sick of war as his opportunity. We will see how it shakes out, Nato and our allies will be far more likely to work with Biden than Trump IMO.