Check your account email address ×

Precision cracks the new mock C ecu

Rod

3 hours ago, Roosting said:

These guy buy the top of the line sled every year. One put on 400KM's and parked it. Between it being about as fast as a 600 sled the shocks were a big disappointment as well.

The issue is when you start out and the shocks are cold they do seem to work ok but if you get into a few miles of stutter bumps the shock heats up and the computer control disappears and the shock fades away and rides like a pile of shit. 3 people from different groups all say the same thing. These are not diamond pounder types and ride pretty aggressive through all conditions so others might not have the same results but they do exist. 

Yea, no, it outruns my 850 everytime. Maybe I got one of the good ones

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, Anler said:

He says its the best sled he's ever ridden. Loves the smart shox. His last cat was 2015. He puts about 5k-7k on per year and buys new every year. He's been on an xrs since 2016

Its a great sled.   Honestly a lot of great models out there right now and each person has different preferences on what's best for them.  Other than price its a great time to be a sledder.   200 hp  4 stroke turbo's.   2 stroke factory turbo mountain sleds.   Crossovers.....only thing we need is a big triple!!!!!!

2 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Yea, no, it outruns my 850 everytime. Maybe I got one of the good ones

2 of the 3 I know can barely hit a 100mph. Between that and the shocks he calls it a pile of shit. He is a diehard doo guy as well so I know it hurts when he calls it garbage. 

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its a great sled.   Honestly a lot of great models out there right now and each person has different preferences on what's best for them.  Other than price its a great time to be a sledder.   200 hp  4 stroke turbo's.   2 stroke factory turbo mountain sleds.   Crossovers.....only thing we need is a big triple!!!!!!

I am not in the market with 2 - 2021 850's but in a couple years I think I am going to look real hard at that xrs turbo. 

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I am not in the market with 2 - 2021 850's but in a couple years I think I am going to look real hard at that xrs turbo. 

I dont think I will get smart shox tho. 

Just now, Anler said:

I still have my fingers crossed a 180 HP 2 stroke turbo crossover will come out from Doo, Poo or Cat.  I might upgrade my Sidewinder in a few years.   I won't buy any other 4 stroke motor but that one yet.  275+ HP is simply too addicting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I still have my fingers crossed a 180 HP 2 stroke turbo crossover will come out from Doo, Poo or Cat.  I might upgrade my Sidewinder in a few years.   I won't buy any other 4 stroke motor but that one yet.  275+ HP is simply too addicting. 

The kind of riding we do I cant use something like that. These 850's work pretty good. But if Canada ever gets their shit together we are planning some big quebec and Ontario trips and I would prefer to not carry oil so I think the turbo would be perfect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

The kind of riding we do I cant use something like that. These 850's work pretty good. But if Canada ever gets their shit together we are planning some big quebec and Ontario trips and I would prefer to not carry oil so I think the turbo would be perfect. 

I can see that.   I want to go back out west more which would include more trail riding and either case the 2 stroke turbo fits that better for me.  :bc:

Correction 

they haven’t cracked the encryption. They change hardware in the stock ECU that allows them to tune it 

it’s not $250, it’s a $250 deposit. The modification is $1600

so about 1/2 price of the hurricane stand-alone ECU 

so still kinda shitty just less Shitty 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Roosting said:

2 of the 3 I know can barely hit a 100mph. Between that and the shocks he calls it a pile of shit. He is a diehard doo guy as well so I know it hurts when he calls it garbage. 

Agree the top end is not there, thought it would be more of a lake racer like a Sidewinder. That said it handles the tight and twisties around here better than most sled's I've driven, and up till 80mph watch out lol!

2 hours ago, Roosting said:

Not sure mine has hit an honest 100 mph yet. I’ve hit about 107 on speedo but that be more like 96-97 mph. 

Without traction and launch control I’m not sure if the Mach z would beat an 800-850

With a sno X track and the lunch control it does take off hard but fuck me it fall on its face after 550-660 

They have to physically take the ECU apart and remove the encryption hardware that BRP asked Bosch to install 

then it can be tuned like any normal sled and still serviced by doo

but your warranty will absolutely be gone 

28 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

He took a small shot at Hurricane there. Where did you here the tune was going to cost $1600?

I read that by the time you’re set up to tune the stock ecu you’ll be into it for $1600. Then it will be plus the tune. Just speculating 

11 hours ago, ACE said:

I read that by the time you’re set up to tune the stock ecu you’ll be into it for $1600. Then it will be plus the tune. Just speculating 

Ah, reading some guys on DooTalk have been doing a little clutching and helix change, claiming it wakes them right up across the lake,

like they should have been in the first place

9 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Ah, reading some guys on DooTalk have been doing a little clutching and helix change, claiming it wakes them right up across the lake,

Cudney saying they’re under boosting 

19 hours ago, ACE said:

They have to physically take the ECU apart and remove the encryption hardware that BRP asked Bosch to install 

then it can be tuned like any normal sled and still serviced by doo

but your warranty will absolutely be gone 

as it should.   

Edited by Angry ginger

8 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

2005 Machz was kind of a pooch until some clutch work was done as well. Local guy has one going very well.