Check your account email address ×

Lynx feedback?

Don't spend time in BRP forums or groups, but what's the feedback been from folks that actually bought a Rave and have put some miles on them?  No idea how their order fulfillment turned out either with all the shortages out there and being shipped from across the pond, or are they assembled in Quebec?   Obviously no one here has one because you're all soft and old, and a few of you might be a little queer too.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My friend has one and really loves it.  He has a Freeride too and never ridings the Freeride anymore.  He bought it last year though.

What's his feedback been on the overall stiffness of it?  What was his previous trail sled in comparison?  

Mostly curious  

36 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What's his feedback been on the overall stiffness of it?  What was his previous trail sled in comparison?  

Mostly curious  

He still has a Freeride and a Renegade 600 that his wife rides.  He hasn't rode the Freeride since he got the Lynx, not sure on a direct comparison though.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

They also ride like a lumber wagon!!!!!

Then you aren't riding it the way its intended..

Comments like that are the reason that every hardcore big bump sled ends up turning into an over priced poser-mobile..

The XRS has been watered down to the point that its softer than a ZR limited

The XCR isn't much better, and Even though the RR is the closest to what it should be, it is still watered down and softer than it should be

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, krom said:

Then you aren't riding it the way its intended..

Comments like that are the reason that every hardcore big bump sled ends up turning into an over priced poser-mobile..

The XRS has been watered down to the point that its softer than a ZR limited

The XCR isn't much better, and Even though the RR is the closest to what it should be, it is still watered down and softer than it should be

100% right. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Well there you go. I guess i was wrong. Its the most fun trail sled period because the lesters say so!!!!!!:wackit:

nice to know someone other than Polaris is creating some 'fun factor'...

:lol:

one of the more popular things I see on any of the Cat FB groups I lurk in is... 'how do I get my Cat to wheelie?'

my new reply... buy a Lynx  ;)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is he going to let you ride his purple rocket?

:lol:

:puke:

I like that burgundy color but not really on a sled apparently that’s southsides new thing they have a few floor models with “special” paint.

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

There were more lynx parked in a major snowmobile destinations than blasts. There were 2 lynx and 1 blast. A few newer cats. The rest were winders, Polaris and doos 

I drove through Old Forge today on the way home from our trip and saw a good percentage of 20 and newer cats, definitely more than you see in a lot of places. I don’t know if that’s good or not because it’s the jerkoff capital of the snowmobiling world but it is surprising because the dealer up there is a MSRPs a good deal type of place. Still have yet to see a blast in the wild that I can remember and that’s sad because I’ve seen probably 10-15 different 200s out on the local trails.

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

I like that burgundy color but not really on a sled apparently that’s southsides new thing they have a few floor models with “special” paint.

I drove through Old Forge today on the way home from our trip and saw a good percentage of 20 and newer cats, definitely more than you see in a lot of places. I don’t know if that’s good or not because it’s the jerkoff capital of the snowmobiling world but it is surprising because the dealer up there is a MSRPs a good deal type of place. Still have yet to see a blast in the wild that I can remember and that’s sad because I’ve seen probably 10-15 different 200s out on the local trails.

Apparently people riding the East UP don’t ride newer cats. It’s mad house up here right now. 3 reports on the news of people getting smoked by cars. Saw a lot of sidewinders and vipers but very few newer cats. Kinda sad actually. Went to falls and several other pit stops in the truck today 

3A1DE2A8-6D70-4E17-908D-06846DBE8662.jpeg

8BFE0876-0C60-4DF4-944D-D1CFC454B5A7.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Apparently people riding the East UP don’t ride newer cats. It’s mad house up here right now. 3 reports on the news of people getting smoked by cars. Saw a lot of sidewinders and vipers but very few newer cats. Kinda sad actually. Went to falls and several other pit stops in the truck today 

3A1DE2A8-6D70-4E17-908D-06846DBE8662.jpeg

8BFE0876-0C60-4DF4-944D-D1CFC454B5A7.jpeg

It’s definitely not the way it was up there today in most places. I’d say most “newer” cats you see are Gen 1 procross even, obviously there’s an occasional newer one spotted. I’d say old iron still on the trail is one market cat dominates, too bad that does nothing to keep them relevant and selling sleds.

We got 50 bonus miles in for our weekend where we planned on getting 5-600. Luckily got 6-8” to cover up the glare ice base that was left so we could go get lunch.

4C380AB1-9DBC-4D51-B901-56B1629DCF6D.jpeg

• Like 2