Check your account email address ×

Lynx feedback?

11 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I like that burgundy color but not really on a sled apparently that’s southsides new thing they have a few floor models with “special” paint.

I drove through Old Forge today on the way home from our trip and saw a good percentage of 20 and newer cats, definitely more than you see in a lot of places. I don’t know if that’s good or not because it’s the jerkoff capital of the snowmobiling world but it is surprising because the dealer up there is a MSRPs a good deal type of place. Still have yet to see a blast in the wild that I can remember and that’s sad because I’ve seen probably 10-15 different 200s out on the local trails.

I haven't seen a newer Cat being ridden locally in a long long time.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that we had a local dealer that stopped selling them after Textron took over and that BRP and Polaris are offering products people want to buy.  The next closest dealer about 30 miles east also dumped Cat but is still selling bikes, ATVs and UTV's.  There's only one or two dealers left in North central Wisconsin.  Pretty pathetic.  

I can buy a Polaris in town or from 3 other dealers within 30 minutes.  No BRP in town but again 3 within 30 minutes.  Dealer I spoke with in the Lynx pic sold all their BRP and Polaris products.  They had several customers move to those products when Yamaha cancelled orders. 

Getting back to the topic... interested to hear how you like his no longer stock XCR, and hopefully the dude with the Lynx joins you and you get to test drive it.  I don't want or need an 850 but their 600 Enduro (short track) has my interest and a few others.  

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I haven't seen a newer Cat being ridden locally in a long long time.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that we had a local dealer that stopped selling them after Textron took over and that BRP and Polaris are offering products people want to buy.  The next closest dealer about 30 miles east also dumped Cat but is still selling bikes, ATVs and UTV's.  There's only one or two dealers left in North central Wisconsin.  Pretty pathetic.  

I can buy a Polaris in town or from 3 other dealers within 30 minutes.  No BRP in town but again 3 within 30 minutes.  Dealer I spoke with in the Lynx pic sold all their BRP and Polaris products.  They had several customers move to those products when Yamaha cancelled orders. 

Getting back to the topic... interested to hear how you like his no longer stock XCR, and hopefully the dude with the Lynx joins you and you get to test drive it.  I don't want or need an 850 but their 600 Enduro (short track) has my interest and a few others.  

Here’s my opinion on cat dealers. They did their dealer “restructure” half right. There was no reason to keep every feed store that sold sleds in the 60s and was selling 7 sleds a year. The half they left out was keeping up with what people are interested in buying and in turn what big new dealers know they can sell, if they had that they’d have new people interested in being dealers. I’m happy with my cats for what I want and like out of a sled but they’re in the business of selling sleds to more than just a select few so they need to realize that soon or there’s not gonna be a spot for them in that market. Luckily I live in an area that lost a bunch of cat dealers but had enough “good” ones to stick it out. There’s probably 4 or 5 within an hour and my dealer is about 4 minutes from the house. This area has quite a few cats around because the cat dealer is the best/easiest powersports dealer you could do business with.

I’m definitely hoping to try out the valved up XCR before the snows gone and I’d like to try the lynx too my buddy also has one but he’s been out on his assault the last couple days and won’t tell me why so I’m thinking he wrecked it already.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:25 PM, Palu49 said:

I’m definitely hoping to try out the valved up XCR before the snows gone and I’d like to try the lynx too my buddy also has one but he’s been out on his assault the last couple days and won’t tell me why so I’m thinking he wrecked it already.

So... snow gone or what's the verdict?