Check your account email address ×

The Soo, greatest race known to man.

that was fucking wild... Ross & Burch coming down the final straight looked like the rental car scene in days of thunder.  photo finish.  hope they upload it to YouTube or someplace folks without Flo can see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that was fucking wild... Ross & Burch coming down the final straight looked like the rental car scene in days of thunder.  photo finish.  hope they upload it to YouTube or someplace folks without Flo can see it.

They have the finish on the I 500 fan page. Who crashed right after the finish?

12 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Now I am kicking myself for not going to the race. In the video I just saw, 19 clearly won but it was about a ski length if that. And that track was beat 

who could have known it would been THAT at the end? 

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

What I'm reading is where the timing loop is may not be where the checkers are waved.

Hmmm.

probably the wildest finish to a snowmobile race ever... to my knowledge.  

Ross Erdman was a dickhead, bumping the other guy repeatedly down a straight away. Too bad he didn’t injure himself at the end when he went into the hay bales. 

There are clips of the race on YouTube, watched a few last night along with the most recent one in Eagle River. Oval racing is boring as hell. Not a ton of spectators at Eagle River. I don’t know how many they typically get at the Soo but there was plenty of room to sit and watch that race from the steep bank people were standing on. 

There’s a channel call snocross that has a bunch of old sno-x races from ‘99-‘04. Those were entertaining to watch. The videos aren’t terribly long and the action is great. I think the racing is better than the current sno-x events. 

19 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Ross Erdman was a dickhead, bumping the other guy repeatedly down a straight away. Too bad he didn’t injure himself at the end when he went into the hay bales. 

There are clips of the race on YouTube, watched a few last night along with the most recent one in Eagle River. Oval racing is boring as hell. Not a ton of spectators at Eagle River. I don’t know how many they typically get at the Soo but there was plenty of room to sit and watch that race from the steep bank people were standing on. 

There’s a channel call snocross that has a bunch of old sno-x races from ‘99-‘04. Those were entertaining to watch. The videos aren’t terribly long and the action is great. I think the racing is better than the current sno-x events. 

Apparently you missed the winning sled taking a huge run sideways at him before Ross tried to pinch him low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Apparently you missed the winning sled taking a huge run sideways at him before Ross tried to pinch him low.

Yes, I didn’t see anything like that. I watched the clip on YouTube that I believe was Flo-racing footage. I didn’t realize there was more to the story. 

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

Yes, I didn’t see anything like that. I watched the clip on YouTube that I believe was Flo-racing footage. I didn’t realize there was more to the story. 

It was a dirty pass IMO

3 hours ago, krom said:

It was a dirty pass IMO

my opinion, Burch was in the air hitting the junk in turn four and when his skis came down he lurched right and into or close to Ross... then the bumping and banging got for real.  but I have no footage to back that up because as @Not greg b said... the barn 

I could be completely wrong though.  

25 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The i500 said that barrel is where the timer is 

Others are saying the timing loop is further back, maybe 100+ yards.  If it is the  barrel/flagman, Ross appears in the lead.

Arrow to where others are saying the timing loop is.

image.png.197738cbe56fc63e666ab24e51bafbcc.png

Screen capture coming to the flag.

image.png.1427ce526703c0ff45a8e1ada5d4b9de.png

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

my opinion, Burch was in the air hitting the junk in turn four and when his skis came down he lurched right and into or close to Ross... then the bumping and banging got for real.  but I have no footage to back that up because as @Not greg b said... the barn 

I could be completely wrong though.  

19 appears to be in perfectly fine control once he lands.  Then makes a hard swerve over.  

Edited by racinfarmer

50 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Others are saying the timing loop is further back, maybe 100+ yards.  If it is the  barrel/flagman, Ross appears in the lead.

19 appears to be in perfectly fine control once he lands.  Then makes a hard swerve over.  

in other news... how about that Gunnar Arlaud?   He was right in the mix at the end. 

Kid can ride :thumbsup:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Just now, krom said:

image.thumb.png.8361441fc46e20cf0a3a6ca14847d775.png

FWIW to the admin team, this is all I ever see when somone posts a pic from facebook...  I'm using the latest version of firefox on a windows pc.

I got you bud, copy and past does not work. 

0ecdb486f38bd80f849696b5a6b9da5b_f202.jpg

• Thanks 1

IDK @racinfarmer, saw footage on the book later last night from the hill and Burch definitely went up into Ross after banging the skis back onto the ground.  Intentional or not... still a bit too aggressive banging back and forth at those speeds and considering his father passed away at the track seventeen years ago. 

there's also seems to be a bit of a dispute about where the finish line is and where the transponder is located on the sled.  

Regardless of opinion, they're not going to reverse anything.

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I will do some asking around. My dad’s retirement job provides the I500 with tractors and the snow plows. One of those maintenance guys will know exactly where it is.