The Soo, greatest race known to man.

Should be a close race between bunke (Polaris) and Troy Dewald (cat). They seem to be the only ones that have it figured out in recent years. My dad is the official snow plow supplier for the race so I may go and ride in a plow truck lol

Holy shit my memory is terrible .... who was it that bragged up the Soo so much, back in the day?  It wasn't bigfuse, was it?  I just remember how funny it was every year when that race came up and all the banter.

42 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Holy shit my memory is terrible .... who was it that bragged up the Soo so much, back in the day?  It wasn't bigfuse, was it?  I just remember how funny it was every year when that race came up and all the banter.

I think so. It was back when cat gave a shit about racing and was winning everything and all he had left was the soo. 

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Pretty sure it was BIG Fuss, half the race was usually run under yellow flag if I remember correctly.

racetrk.gif.251ac2dc0d3282d89d450f342d5cedad.gif

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

11 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Pretty sure it was BIG Fuss, half the race was usually run under yellow flag if I remember correctly.

racetrk.gif.251ac2dc0d3282d89d450f342d5cedad.gif

Yup it was Ed,,,he loved to say Cat has only won 3 times in the last 30 years or some fucking stupid statistic. Back in the 'day'  :lol:

The city put in for a 3 million dollar grant to fix up the property and have more races there. They tried to sell it a few years back to a delvoper and the tribe was going to build a new track. The deal fell through when they found out it’s a polluted waste land from fort Brady blowing shit up there back in the world war days. 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You going?  Younger brother is coming home to ride with me for a long weekend so I'll be watching it on Flo Saturday night.

Not sure yet. I guess a bunch of friends are going this year. Watch the first 30 or so laps. You will figure out who the ones that are in it to win it. The last 75ish laps is when they start racing hard, the track is shit, and there are maybe 5 sleds left on the lead lap. Hopefully flo has cameras set up so you can actually see it. Lssu would set a go pro on a tri pod and you really could not see anything they were doing 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Not sure yet. I guess a bunch of friends are going this year. Watch the first 30 or so laps. You will figure out who the ones that are in it to win it. The last 75ish laps is when they start racing hard, the track is shit, and there are maybe 5 sleds left on the lead lap. Hopefully flo has cameras set up so you can actually see it. Lssu would set a go pro on a tri pod and you really could not see anything they were doing 

Agree 👍

Hope Flo puts a camera on the back stretch so people can see the speed and moguls.  They should have plenty of ice, unlike last years mud race.  

On 1/18/2022 at 8:41 AM, Bontz said:

Bigfuse yes

Just watched the MIRA race on Flo from Gaylord.  Those boys ride hard and fast.  Herf and Bunke are going to have their hands full with team Caderette, Tommie Bauer and Yovich.  Also of interest to Cat guys is Benjamin Langaas (Cat engineer) whose been quite competitive at Eagle River and racing Enduro with MIRA.  To anyone thinking Enduro racing is similar to regular oval racing, you couldn't be more wrong.

57 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I didn't know there was a more insignificant race than iron dog.  I don't know what this race is but I see it referenced here quite a bit by the same 4 people.

It's Enduro racing, and far more entertaining than normal ice oval racing.  500 laps, 500 miles.  

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I didn't know there was a more insignificant race than iron dog.  I don't know what this race is but I see it referenced here quite a bit by the same 4 people.

It’s a drunken bender. Way more fun than going to a snow cross. I usually don’t watch much of the race 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2