Check your account email address ×

Lots of bar closures up north due to COVID/Staffing.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Come across quite a few pit stops not open due to COVID staffing related issues.   Didn't see one last year at least 4 this year so far in the St. Germain area.

Just now, Highmark said:

Come across quite a few pit stops not open due to COVID staffing related issues.   Didn't see one last year at least 4 this year so far in the St. Germain area.

Countless restaurants in the Chicago area are closed more ,or drive up only because of tit money. You could make a fortune selling help wanted signs.

Glad I don't have a destination when I ride.  The trail is it!  But this sucks bad for sledders and the businesses.  Many of these depend on winter and sledders to carry them through the year.  smh.  Lost your business to a political virus.  shameful.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Glad I don't have a destination when I ride.  The trail is it!  But this sucks bad for sledders and the businesses.  Many of these depend on winter and sledders to carry them through the year.  smh.  Lost your business to a political virus.  shameful.

We generally don't either but this area has so many pit stops you pass by many as you just generally ride where the trails are good. 

• Gold Member

We were up on the North Shore last weekend also and couldn't believe how many places are closed by 7PM.  I don't think I saw any open after 9PM.  I don't know if it is due to infections or lack of workers because they don't have to work anymore.

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sad is they say it doesn't affect them so they don't care.  At some point they will, cause this will affect us all.

It has already affected us all at this point.  Time to get on with life.... don't let it pass you by.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

We were up on the North Shore last weekend also and couldn't believe how many places are closed by 7PM.  I don't think I saw any open after 9PM.  I don't know if it is due to infections or lack of workers because they don't have to work anymore.

This is what a few of the places we swing through said - and if they were open when we got there, I was sure to thank and generously tip those who were.