Check your account email address ×

Ooops 2

irv

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Stuck throttle. Saw it last week.

People can't hit the kill switch or turn the key?

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Already a thread in hcs section

Whoops. Just seen it listed on a news site today so I assumed it was a day old at most. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Snowmobile guy should have had on his tether.

Yes I always hook up tether before I start my sleds, teach that to every kid that rode the 120 as well.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Yes I always hook up tether before I start my sleds, teach that to every kid that rode the 120 as well.

Few years ago my wife was wearing gloves with the "root beer barrel" tightener on the side, she went to start her 800 XCR triple gave it some throttle and the barrel got behind the throttle lever, she never saw it happen, it thru her off the back and before the engine died from wearing her tether the sled climbed a tree about 10 feet away and flipped upside down, she was wearing her helmet thank God and was only shaken up but scared silly. Glove was still attached to the throttle lever when I flipped the sled upright..lesson learned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Few years ago my wife was wearing gloves with the "root beer barrel" tightener on the side, she went to start her 800 XCR triple gave it some throttle and the barrel got behind the throttle lever, she never saw it happen, it thru her off the back and before the engine died from wearing her tether the sled climbed a tree about 10 feet away and flipped upside down, she was wearing her helmet thank God and was only shaken up but scared silly. Glove was still attached to the throttle lever when I flipped the sled upright..lesson learned.

Tether is like a helmet or tek- vest, you never need them until you do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Similar experience with my wife, as well.  Fortunately she was fine.  Sled didn’t have a tether when it happened, but it did afterward!!!

• Sad 1

• Gold Member

One of my buddies bought a sled, his first one, and was trying to start it on his drive way. Well H couldn't pull the cord and grab the throttle at the same time so he wrapped the teather around the throttle.  He had to fix the neighbors siding. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

One of my buddies bought a sled, his first one, and was trying to start it on his drive way. Well H couldn't pull the cord and grab the throttle at the same time so he wrapped the teather around the throttle.  He had to fix the neighbors siding. :lol:

My old M pulled over real fucking hard when it was cold both arms. And It needed a bit of throttle so I would put my glove in it just so it would be cracked about 1/4 inch. Usualy took a few pulls not this time 1 pull and it took off hot for about 2 feet right in to my buds brand new rmk. Spindal busted the rear running board mount lol . He had it fixed in LA I knew he would not let me pay him back so I called the dealer to pay the bill . Fuckees never saw a sled let alone work on one pretty sure  they were a Polaris dealer only because they sold victory . Any way they billed like  22hrs in labor for a fucking rear running board braket if I remember the bill was like 24??.00 bucks . Did not even scratch the paint on the M spindle lol .