Check your account email address ×

F7 Joe still holds the worlds NSSR 1000' record 10 years later. 108.816 MPH 2003 TRAIL STOCK 700

Just shows how much that portion of the sport has died off.  There's hardly been any new records in stock and improved stock in the past 5 plus years.  NSSR is all about the Hyper Sleds.  There use to be radar runs every weekend now you rarely hear about them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Doug said:

Just shows how much that portion of the sport has died off.  There's hardly been any new records in stock and improved stock in the past 5 plus years.  NSSR is all about the Hyper Sleds.  There use to be radar runs every weekend now you rarely hear about them.

Just goes to show we gave up speed for a better ride, I'll take the better ride myself, 20 years ago it was a different story I would haver taken the speed. The F7 rides for shit it was not even close to the XC sleds of the day and the old Rev was nothing to brag about.   

• Like 1

How many people who made fun of Joe compete in anything nonetheless win?  I respect Joe. 

People don't always like hearing the truth and just because you have an angry mob against him doesn't mean they're in the right.  Like when everyone made fun of him for crashing on a BMX bike, at least he's doing stuff and crashing always happens if you push things, nothing at all to be ashamed of.  Everyone who goes fast has crashed alot.  Keyboard warriors will make fun of it, those who know know that the joke is on them.

• Like 1

three* records - not sure how tech inspection works at these events.  there was cheating accusations... as there always is in drag racing.

TRAIL STOCK 1000
Joe Reinhardt 114.893 1998 T-Cat Arctic Cat 2/9/2013 Forest Lake
TRAIL STOCK 700
Joe Reinhardt 108.816 2003 F7 Arctic Cat 2/25/2012 Chetek
TRAIL STOCK 440 Liquid
Katie Reinhardt 98.181 2002 Sno Pro Arctic Cat 2/24/2018

Chetek

he and Battlestorm had some epic squabbles

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

How many people who made fun of Joe compete in anything nonetheless win?  I respect Joe. 

People don't always like hearing the truth and just because you have an angry mob against him doesn't mean they're in the right.  Like when everyone made fun of him for crashing on a BMX bike, at least he's doing stuff and crashing always happens if you push things, nothing at all to be ashamed of.  Everyone who goes fast has crashed alot.  Keyboard warriors will make fun of it, those who know know that the joke is on them.

If you gave Joe atta boy job well done he would always find away to fuck it up. It was F7 or nothing with Joe. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Badger** said:

If you gave Joe atta boy job well done he would always find away to fuck it up. It was F7 or nothing with Joe. 

Don't forget the 440 that was 5 hp down or was that the F7.  He sure would have some crazy poems.

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

Well until someone goes faster than him, he kind of has a point.

22 hours ago, mnstang said:

Good post.  Really good.

21 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

three* records - not sure how tech inspection works at these events.  there was cheating accusations... as there always is in drag racing.

TRAIL STOCK 1000
Joe Reinhardt 114.893 1998 T-Cat Arctic Cat 2/9/2013 Forest Lake
TRAIL STOCK 700
Joe Reinhardt 108.816 2003 F7 Arctic Cat 2/25/2012 Chetek
TRAIL STOCK 440 Liquid
Katie Reinhardt 98.181 2002 Sno Pro Arctic Cat 2/24/2018

Chetek

he and Battlestorm had some epic squabbles

It’s impressive even if you don’t like the race or the guy.

”Butterstorm” was always fun to ruffle up too.  Seemed to have onion paper skin.  

13 hours ago, mnstang said:

Well until someone goes faster than him, he kind of has a point.

I gave him full credit but he won't STFU. I hell I even offered to take him on a ride. Yes his Cats are top of the line fast but he was nuts border line crazy. :smack: 

3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I gave him full credit but he won't STFU. I hell I even offered to take him on a ride. Yes his Cats are top of the line fast but he was nuts border line crazy. :smack: 

Remember his stories about his meth lab neighbor.  I think he may have had to many visits to the neighbor's.

Also called him out on a ride.  Told him to come to St Germain.  We'll make a 100 mile trail ride fill them up with pump gas and line them up.  Said he didn't want to leave his kids that weekend.

On 1/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, Doug said:

They are almost 20 year old sleds. No one is interested in racing 20 year old sleds. They only sled built now that would be in the 700 class is the new 650 Polaris 

4 hours ago, Doug said:

Yup was Joe is so good he can't even beat his 10 year old record.

Ha ha. We used to go and watch a lot of drag races around Eastern Ontario. Amazingly, the head tech guy at a lot of those races was a guy that ported a lot of cylinders, for a lot of different guys that used to race. I know this for a fact, cause he ported some for me as well. I used to love watching him tech different sleds after a win. It was very obvious which sleds he had worked on, and the sleds that had been ported by other guys and won always seemed to get a lot more thorough going over . Every guy that races, is cheating, or you ain,t winning. Some get caught, others slip on thru, whether it is porting, illegal fuel additives, stroker cranks, etc, etc. I know of a guy that got a world record, in the 600 class,  that got thru tech by having the center piston and and a bored out jug sized for a 700, on a 600 sled. Kinda amazing that tech that day just scissored the 2 outside jugs for bore size, but magically skipped checking the center one.  Needless to say, that sled didn,t hang around the pits long after the tech inspection. 

Maybe Joe didn,t want to get caught, so he only used that record setting set-up the one time, or everything aligned perfectly for him on that one run.

Good for him, that he still holds all those records, after all this time. For sure, some guys would get really pissed, because they were cheating like hell, and were still getting beat, by other better cheaters.

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Ha ha. We used to go and watch a lot of drag races around Eastern Ontario. Amazingly, the head tech guy at a lot of those races was a guy that ported a lot of cylinders, for a lot of different guys that used to race. I know this for a fact, cause he ported some for me as well. I used to love watching him tech different sleds after a win. It was very obvious which sleds he had worked on, and the sleds that had been ported by other guys and won always seemed to get a lot more thorough going over . Every guy that races, is cheating, or you ain,t winning. Some get caught, others slip on thru, whether it is porting, illegal fuel additives, stroker cranks, etc, etc. I know of a guy that got a world record, in the 600 class,  that got thru tech by having the center piston and and a bored out jug sized for a 700, on a 600 sled. Kinda amazing that tech that day just scissored the 2 outside jugs for bore size, but magically skipped checking the center one.  Needless to say, that sled didn,t hang around the pits long after the tech inspection. 

Maybe Joe didn,t want to get caught, so he only used that record setting set-up the one time, or everything aligned perfectly for him on that one run.

Good for him, that he still holds all those records, after all this time. For sure, some guys would get really pissed, because they were cheating like hell, and were still getting beat, by other better cheaters.

That happened in the NSSR in the 80's and came to a head.  Bruce Kalghammer owner of PSI was one of their tech guys in Wautoma Wisconsin for a NSSR event and a guy running out of Marv Jorgenson shop Chopper City won his class and Bruce jumped over there to Tech his sled. Bruce also had a guy out of his shop running the same class. That didn't work out real good and there was a lot of discussion going on as they refused to let Bruce tech the sled.  Can't remember how they worked it out but the guy was credited for winning the class.  There was others that wouldn't let Bruce tech there sleds after that. 

A good trick would be to make something look obvious border line so they wouldn't look at what was not illegal.  Best one is a guy had a couple Sno-Twisters and would put the 340 cowl on the 440 drive it right into the trailer after the run and put the 340 cowl back on.     

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1