Check your account email address ×

Harris unveils plan for electric vehicle charging network

16 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I keep seeing stories on the local news where they are worried about having enough electric capacity this winter because more people than ever are heating with natural gas. This could cause less gas to be available to run the power plants and possible cutbacks. 

By all means, add more drain to the system. 

Local news ran that story today

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

No electric distribution existed pre fdr.

He and his make work programs who many say prolonged the great depression gave loans to the power company's to hire guys to run lines to rural America. 

Can you honestly sit thete and yell me if not for FDR and the new deal the electric company's would not have run electric lines to rural America on thefe own ?  this is what you are attempting to tell us ? 

Also oil pipe lines existed pre FDR and again more make work loans . And some would argue tge govenment hand on the scale is how we got to the point refining most of our crude in only 4 states . But again are you thinking if the fed would not have built oil lines the oil drillers or refiners would not havevdone it on thete own ? If you have any doubt Just look to the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System 

Without the government program only the coast would have energy.  The government built most of the electric infrastructure in middle America where all the land based oil is

No need for it, private ownership of cars will be short lived.  Remember when this was just a silly conspiracy.

Time to start looking at the UN 2030 agenda.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1535798/private-car-ownership-road-driving-changes-updates

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Without the government program only the coast would have energy.  The government built most of the electric infrastructure in middle America where all the land based oil is

Um, not in my area.  The electric company built the electric infrastructure here.  In fact the government was the POS that made the electric company split from the company that owned the lines back around 2000 because they said it was an unfair advantage to own the lines that their product was traveling on.

Any time I see new tech come along I always reflect back to the fight between the Wright Brothers and Langley. The governments pols handing out the money we're nowhere near smart enough (think Camala Harris) to understand the mechanics of flight and yet they were in charge of handing out government funds to the politically connected Langley. The Wright Brothers knew the minute they layed eyes on Langley's plane that it was a crash waiting to happen. 

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Lol OK keep telling your self that . So in your eyes the power company's who make billions in middle America would not have and continue to build a system to get a product to the consumer? Lmfao you can not honestly belive this can you ? 

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Um, not in my area.  The electric company built the electric infrastructure here.  In fact the government was the POS that made the electric company split from the company that owned the lines back around 2000 because they said it was an unfair advantage to own the lines that their product was traveling on.

Or in places like um st Paul mn where Ford built his own hydro electric plant to power his factory and sold the extra power to the people who lived in the town . Many many examples exactly line this .

I litteraly lol when I think some one acctualy thinks middle America would be sitting  in the dark today with out the holy govenments help lmfao seriously 😂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

So I was interested when Minneapolis and st Paul got electricity because I knew it was long before fdr was in office and I know we are more than a days horse ride to the coast in any direction 

Well looks line we did not wait for govenment saviors 

The St. Paul Gas Light Company expanded into electric service in 1882, when it acquired an electric arc generator from the Fuller Electric Company of Brooklyn, New York (Meyer 1957:8). In 1885 the St. Paul Gas Light firm built an electric generating plant on Hill Street.

no mention of the new deal oh thas right 

That is because it was almost 50 years after st Paul first got electricity thanks FDR and the new deal for catching middle America uo with the coast 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So I was interested when Minneapolis and st Paul got electricity because I knew it was long before fdr was in office and I know we are more than a days horse ride to the coast in any direction 

Well looks line we did not wait for govenment saviors 

The St. Paul Gas Light Company expanded into electric service in 1882, when it acquired an electric arc generator from the Fuller Electric Company of Brooklyn, New York (Meyer 1957:8). In 1885 the St. Paul Gas Light firm built an electric generating plant on Hill Street.

no mention of the new deal oh thas right 

That is because it was almost 50 years after st Paul first got electricity thanks FDR and the new deal for catching middle America uo with the coast 

Bakken oil field, Wyoming coal fields and such are all REA coops.  Government funded.  No oil or fossil fuels that power this country with out government funding the electric grid to bring it out of the ground.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Bakken oil field, Wyoming coal fields and such are all REA coops.  Government funded.  No oil or fossil fuels that power this country with out government funding the electric grid to bring it out of the ground.

Wrong not govenment funded. The balkin fields tge fed ownes tge land and mineral rights . The oil company's lease The rights from the fed. The only money from the fed is in the fourm of tax incentives to drill not direct payments. Hell pretty sure tge Norwegians own all the fed drilling leases in the ND fields . 

The fed is not funding any drilling or mining.  The fed may be giving tax incentives to drill but that same fed is getting extremely large checks for the lease . As well as the state the drilling is in . 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Wrong not govenment funded. The balkin fields tge fed ownes tge land and mineral rights . The oil company's lease The rights from the fed. The only money from the fed is in the fourm of tax incentives to drill not direct payments. Hell pretty sure tge Norwegians own all the fed drilling leases in the ND fields . 

The fed is not funding any drilling or mining.  The fed may be giving tax incentives to drill but that same fed is getting extremely large checks for the lease . As well as the state the drilling is in . 

The electric infrastructure to run the oil field comes from electric coops formed as a result of government funding way back when….  It wasn’t financially feasible for private companies to electrify anything out of the large cities back then.    oil does not come out of the ground without an extreme amount of electricity pulling it up from the depths of the earth.  

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The electric infrastructure to run the oil field comes from electric coops formed as a result of government funding way back when….  It wasn’t financially feasible for private companies to electrify anything out of the large cities back then.    oil does not come out of the ground without an extreme amount of electricity pulling it up from the depths of the earth.  

You know when you are  in trouble when you move tge gole post remember a few hrs ago when it was just the coast city's who would have power lmfao .

but Again revert back to my st Paul electric post . Start watching some history Channel electric has been in large and small towns long before fdr started make work programs . And the power corps would have continued  to feed more and more towns with or with out the fed this is fact  .but as a business you would be a fool to turn down the fed paying for your delivery of a product.  Almost every one had access to electric long before the new deal . Do you know how the first ford's were powered? 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You know when you are  in trouble when you move tge gole post remember a few hrs ago when it was just the coast city's who would have power lmfao .

but Again revert back to my st Paul electric post . Start watching some history Channel electric has been in large and small towns long before fdr started make work programs . And the power corps would have continued  to feed more and more towns with or with out the fed this is fact  .but as a business you would be a fool to turn down the fed paying for your delivery of a product.  Almost every one had access to electric long before the new deal . Do you know how the first ford's were powered? 

Bakken, Wyoming and texas Electric grids was all funded and built by the government.

Here is a time lapse of coops formed by government subsidies to provide energy.  You would be able to drive very far outside Minneapolis without government subsidies to get the electricity to the gas station to fill up.

Edited by BOHICA

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Bakken, Wyoming and texas Electric grids was all funded and built by the government.

Here is a time lapse of coops formed by government subsidies to provide energy.  You would be able to drive very far outside Minneapolis without government subsidies to get the electricity to the gas station to fill up.

Lol so in your mind if not for the govenment the power company's that spend huge money built the turbines built the dams that were already powering most small city's and mid size towns in America by the late 1800s would have just stoped what they were doing and never attempted to continue reaching more consumers. Lmfao . This is what you honestly believe?  If so I don't know what to tell you except poss get some good knee pads so you can spend more comfortable time at the govenment alter 

Fyi I live in a town that in 1925 had a amusement park on a island.  Population back then prob less than 200 for the whole aria it was cabin countery for the city . No highway no fuckibg road just a trolly out here . But they still had electricity on a island no less to run a amusement park. All pre new deal shocker  . They must have just run the park on current bushes .and again more than a 2 keep horse ride to Amy coastal city back then 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol so in your mind if not for the govenment the power company's that spend huge money built the turbines built the dams that were already powering most small city's and mid size towns in America by the late 1800s would have just stoped what they were doing and never attempted to continue reaching more consumers. Lmfao . This is what you honestly believe?  If so I don't know what to tell you except poss get some good knee pads so you can spend more comfortable time at the govenment alter 

That is why fdr stepped in and electrified what wasn’t profitable for companies to electrify.  There was no profit for a St. Paul electric to run a power line up to a farm in the iron range area to light a house….  Now all those remote cabins in middle of nowhere are on government tit for there power as there would be power in those areas without the fdr handouts and subsidies.  Cause those areas wouldn’t  be developed with out government funding building the infrastructure.  Hell all the dams on the Missouri River which power the Bakken are government built and run as are the powerlines coming from those dams.

Edited by BOHICA

13 hours ago, BOHICA said:

That is why fdr stepped in and electrified what wasn’t profitable for companies to electrify.  There was no profit for a St. Paul electric to run a power line up to a farm in the iron range area to light a house….  Now all those remote cabins in middle of nowhere are on government tit for there power as there would be power in those areas without the fdr handouts and subsidies.  Cause those areas wouldn’t  be developed with out government funding building the infrastructure.  Hell all the dams on the Missouri River which power the Bakken are government built and run as are the powerlines coming from those dams.

Lol wrong . There was power in in Duluth in 1906 (again a lo g way from. Your big coast city's argument) there sure shit would have been power in the range as soon as oar was found there . Just reality if there is work some place and money to be made the business puts the infrastructure in place to make it happen. 

Don't think so ? Again I revert to the largest the Alaskan pipeline.  

I know I know with out govenment we would all be in the dark good god 

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol wrong . There was power in in Duluth in the early 1900s there sure shit would have been power in the range as soon as oar was found there . Just reality if there is work some place and money to be made the business puts the infrastructure in place to make it happen. 

Don't think so ? Again I revert to the largest the Alaskan pipeline.  

I know I know with out govenment we would all be in the dark good god 

The government loves people who say things like "without the govt.....we would not have xxxx" 

7 hours ago, polaris7541 said:

so going ev is the future, i would like to know where all the toxic failed battery's end  up  don't think sinking it in the ocean is a good idea

They get recycled or refurbished and used over like forklift batteries.

• Gold Member

Minnesota is chalked full of Rural electric Coops.  Hell they needed gov involvement and funding to even get electricity.  Without government involvement they would not have been able to easily piss on property owners rights.

https://www.minnpost.com/mnopedia/2020/02/in-the-1970s-some-minnesota-farmers-were-very-upset-about-a-plan-to-route-power-lines-across-their-fields/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CU_project_controversy

Edited by BOHICA

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Who gave the right of ways to power companies along roads and highways across the country?

Come on answer it….I know you can….lol

This is the best you got?  Do you have a clue who gives telephone companies ROW?  Or gas lines on your property?