Check your account email address ×

Is it time for three political parties?

Democrats can have the far left wing kooks 

Republicans can have the far right wing kooks 

Then we need a in the middle party, for people that want nothing to do with either of them.

What would you name a party stuck in the middle of these weirdos?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Then we need a in the middle party, for people that want nothing to do with either of them.

4 split the batshit loons off the left ad right then the center right and center left can work together.    both sides loud fringe are off their rocker

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm not saying I wouldn't support a third party but I think more political parties is a better idea on paper than would actually work in reality.  Lots of democratic countries have more than 2 significant political parties and do they do things better than we do?

First and foremost what is that parties agenda?   Socially liberal yet fiscally conservative?  In the end all it might do is give one of the 2 existing parties more power by taking some votes away from the other.   

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yes we do but will those other two parties let it happen....No!  :sad: 

Correct, it's easier for 2 major parties to divide and conquer

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

4 split the batshit loons off the left ad right then the center right and center left can work together.    both sides loud fringe are off their rocker

Yes and no.  As above, both parties need just enough of the middle to win.  Look at the last two elections.  Next year is going to be political hell on earth.  We're already getting robo calls on the landline and junk in the mailbox.   

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The Common Sense Party

The corruption and waste etc. needs to end.

• Like 1

The Libertarians have a nice way about their system.  They are just convoluted with their message bringers.  They are like the Tea Party now.  Just sideline chippers complaining on how nobody “gets it” but them.  Then, in a great time to spread their wings in 2015, they put up a god damn dildo to front them.  Sheeesh.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Work together how?  So many of the issues that divide the 2 parties we have now would still divide the 2 so called center right and center left.  Where exactly is the "center" on abortion, taxes, gun control, climate change, spending.   What you would have is these center parties voting with their side virtually every time.  I like the idea of more parties I just don't think it would be effective at all. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The Libertarians have a nice way about their system.  They are just convoluted with their message bringers.  They are like the Tea Party now.  Just sideline chippers complaining on how nobody “gets it” but them.  Then, in a great time to spread their wings in 2015, they put up a god damn dildo to front them.  Sheeesh.

I've thrown a vote or two to the Libertarians over the years. 

Yellow Dog Democrat Friend of mine from the deep South says 'Libertarians are just Republicans that want to smoke pot' 

Funny though, if you look at their actual platform it's pretty basic limited government ideologies.  I find the two parties we have now troubling.  Neither stand up primarily for their root values, it seems both cater to the desires of the far out fringe.  All I want them to do is their job, and nothing else.  

Also in line with limited government is the vast number of public employees which over time has become it's own monster.

Nothing will happen though, not with the two parties we have and their media partners.  2024 is going to be a bigger clown show than 2020.  

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

we have a Libertarian running for governor here in NY and he is the most sane canidate I have ever seen in a long time and will get my vote

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yellow Dog Democrat Friend of mine from the deep South says 'Libertarians are just Republicans that want to smoke pot' 

Funny though, if you look at their actual platform it's pretty basic limited government ideologies.  I find the two parties we have now troubling.  Neither stand up primarily for their root values, it seems both cater to the desires of the far out fringe.  All I want them to do is their job, and nothing else.  

Also in line with limited government is the vast number of public employees which over time has become it's own monster.

Nothing will happen though, not with the two parties we have and their media partners.  2024 is going to be a bigger clown show than 2020.  

Let’s not kid ourselves.  Not even a little.  DC is it’s own institution for itself and unto itself.  Along with their media, there’s no chance a third party will be able to gain momentum.

Again, it’s time to tear it all down and start over.  Honestly, this was NEVER what our framers wanted.  It was NEVER what they would have accepted.  I’ll John fucking Hancock the war declaration too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

we have a Libertarian running for governor here in NY and he is the most sane canidate I have ever seen in a long time and will get my vote

He’s got no chance….and that’s sad.  Your state is like many, forced to pay for the sickly shitholes that keep extorting money from the rest of the state.  

4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Is he presidential material?

Not that 45 or 46 set the bar very high.

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is he presidential material?

Not that 45 or 46 set the bar very high.

IMO yes, wants to let people live as they wish if they aren't bothering anybody else, is against over regulation and big government and pro small business

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yep, they suck at spreading their message, and they screwed the pooch with the stoner. Should have put up Weld instead.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

And republican say they are just democrats who like guns. Maybe neither is correct because they would rather label them then learn about them.

39 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

IMO yes, wants to let people live as they wish if they aren't bothering anybody else, is against over regulation and big government and pro small business

Funny , that's how most folks in W Virginia are . Yet democrats say they cant figure out Senator Joe.  Gee , maybe he likes his job and wants to keep it.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

100 fucking percent!!!!  What a god damn tragedy.

Although Republicans made up under 14% of the Massachusetts electorate and a Republican had not won the gubernatorial election since 1970, Weld's liberal stances on social issues made him a viable candidate for office in the heavily Democratic state.[14] 

In 1994, Weld won reelection with 71% of the vote in the most one-sided gubernatorial contest in Massachusetts electoral history.[citation needed] Weld carried all but five towns in the whole state, even carrying Boston

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

And republican say they are just democrats who like guns. Maybe neither is correct because they would rather label them then learn about them.

I feel if we could find a way to drown out all the abortion, race, LGBTQ, gun, 'social' issues and avoid those distractions it would be helpful so we could focus on the piss poor way our elected officials have done and continue to do their jobs.  As many here seem to agree we need term limits to avoid having these career politicians fucking things up.  No more Chucks, Nancy's, Mitch's, etc.  You get no more than two consecutive terms and never get to come back again, or your kid.  

• Like 1