Check your account email address ×

What was the fastest stock 2 stroke sled?

Rod

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

:thumb: 98 T Kitty

The Mach Z twin was fast, lots of people claiming 120mph, but I don't see it listed on the NSSR records page for the Stock class. 

https://www.racenssr.com/records.htm

Fastest 1000' mph/et or fastest top speed period?  Speedo, GPS or radar? 

What does a new TCat or SRX top out at? 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ACE said:

It could have been 1” I just know for sure I swapped it out for a 1.25”

Probably the 1" track was stock on the twin Mach and the older triple Machs had the .88 lug I believe

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Fastest 1000' mph/etc or fastest top speed period?  Speedo, GPS or radar? 

What does a new TCat or SRX top out at? 

Here's the latest NSSR records I found. I'll go off this all day compared to Joe trail rider claiming XXX mph on GPS 

http://www.racenssr.com/wp/2019/01/28/nssr-world-records-1-26-19/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Here's the latest NSSR records I found. I'll go off this all day compared to Joe trail rider claiming XXX mph on GPS 

http://www.racenssr.com/wp/2019/01/28/nssr-world-records-1-26-19/

That was directed more at the dopey OP that was unclear of the definition of fastest.  

From 0-30mph one year at one shootout the Sno Pro 500 was the fastest.  So I guess it's the fastest.  :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That was directed more at the dopey OP that was unclear of the definition of fastest.  

From 0-30mph one year at the NY shootout the Sno Pro 500 was the fastest.  So I guess it's the fastest.  :lol:

Quickest to 30mph but taps out at 65mph  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Quickest to 30mph but taps out at 65mph  :lol: 

"One other note, in our Real World acceleration runs, the Sno Pro was quickest from 0-30 mph at 1.86 seconds, even quicker than Cat’s Z1 Turbo Sno Pro at 1.91 seconds. This just shows how quick it can be from corner to corner on the trails." 

https://www.snowest.com/2014/07/2010-arctic-cat-sno-pro-500-long-term-test

Actually, 80-90mph

But dopey OP didn't define the terms of the debate. :)

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

"One other note, in our Real World acceleration runs, the Sno Pro was quickest from 0-30 mph at 1.86 seconds, even quicker than Cat’s Z1 Turbo Sno Pro at 1.91 seconds. This just shows how quick it can be from corner to corner on the trails." 

https://www.snowest.com/2014/07/2010-arctic-cat-sno-pro-500-long-term-test

Actually, 80-90mph

But dopey OP didn't define the terms of the debate. :)

Literally just the fastest all around 2 stroke 

Just now, ACE said:

Literally just the fastest all around 2 stroke 

All around what?  Around the lake, around the woods, around a rail bed, around a tree? 

Be specific of your terms man.

A 650 xcR might be the fastest from 41mph to 57mph. 

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, Plissken said:

False.  All sleds travel at least 490,000 mph about the center of the galaxy.  That’s why I always swap out the stock handlebar grips for better ones.  

Bepis 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

All around what?  Around the lake, around the woods, around a rail bed, around a tree? 

Be specific of your terms man.

A 650 xcR might be the fastest from 41mph to 57mph. 

:lol: 

R U dum 

• Haha 1

This debate could go on and on however the NSSR records don't lie.   In 1000' the fastest speed was the 98 Tcat.  

Edited by Highmark

Not much of a top speed guy but the pull on a boosted winder at 100-110 is insane.   Hard packed snow smooth road trail west of Mercer I could clip 118-120 (gps) on my winder without much effort at all.  As far as top speed goes everyone knows conditions are half the game.  Shortly before on the RR bed coming north it seemed I had to be into her pretty good to clip over 110.  That trail had much looser snow and had a bit of chatter bumps as well.  Beleive this was with a 290 tune. 

Edited by Highmark

5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

:thumb: 98 T Kitty

The Mach Z twin was fast, lots of people claiming 120mph, but I don't see it listed on the NSSR records page for the Stock class. 

https://www.racenssr.com/records.htm

Hell even my 00 SRX would crack 120, at least on a nice long pull.  Same with my Apex. Stock motors just some clutching.

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not much of a top speed guy but the pull on a boosted winder at 100-110 is insane.   Hard packed snow smooth road trail west of Mercer I could clip 118-120 (gps) on my winder without much effort at all.  As far as top speed goes everyone knows conditions are half the game.  Shortly before on the RR bed coming north it seemed I had to be into her pretty good to clip over 110.  That trail had much looser snow and had a bit of chatter bumps as well.  Beleive this was with a 290 tune. 

I guess it depends on the configuration but those winders oughta be top dog on the lake.  Will be interesting to see how the new 900r turbo fares against it.  And agreed, nothing pulls like a big bore turbo.  If my 12 XF1100 turbo would do 110 with a 146 track, I have to believe the Sidewinder should crack 120 easily.

Anything over a legit 110 mph in normal conditions takes a pile of power and efficiency 

my ole mock C pulls like a freight train after 90 mph compared to most new sleds 

there’s not a new 2 stroke sled that’ll touch it 

one of the biggest upgrades for it was a better track. Totally changed the machine 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I guess it depends on the configuration but those winders oughta be top dog on the lake.  Will be interesting to see how the new 900r turbo fares against it.  And agreed, nothing pulls like a big bore turbo.  If my 12 XF1100 turbo would do 110 with a 146 track, I have to believe the Sidewinder should crack 120 easily.

I think buddy said he seent around 111 mph on his wonder and just let off 

Mind you we’re all running big tracks now so that kills some top end 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Boosted clutched and geared correctly they can reach well into the 130's.  

Just now, ACE said:

I think buddy said he seent around 111 mph on his wonder and just let off 

Mind you we’re all running big tracks now so that kills some top end 

I gotta ride with Snake this year, he's got one.  i think he has a 137.  Big steam.