Check your account email address ×

Local school shooting.

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I went to school with some kids who were picked on relentlessly.  Awful what happened to them, but once they snapped and fought back.  Usually came to an end.  

Life lessons in school.  Remember those?  And Gym too!

• Platinum Contributing Member

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s being reported the shooter was walking the halls yelling the “sheriffs department” trying to get kids to come out of closed classrooms.

Kid obviously had major issues and dad should have never bought him a gun. Odds are he was a gamer playing it out for real.

Nope....today they need to "Protect" the kids, give them safe spaces and we see how that's working out. Let them go back to learning how to settle their disputes by sticking up for themselves. Before grabbing a gun and going crazy on people!

2 hours ago, Seatofmypants said:

What do you think has changed?  Kids don't have any consequences.  I had access to guns growing up from about 10 on....started hunting at 8.....  You're right its on the parents for not teaching kids gun safety number one, respect number two, and that actions have real world consequences.

Kids are being set-up for failure and it is almost 100% parents fault but not because they have a glass fronted gun case.

School shootings are not about teaching kids gun safety they are about being involved in a kids life and teaching them the value of it....not how to properly or safely use a gun.

What % of families today sit down and eat together without everyone's nose being buried in a phone or watching the boob tube?  Kids don't communicate verbally as much as before.   There are so many things on why this happens a bit more but the least factor is gun availability. 

The value of life has been significantly diminished in the last 3-4 decades.   Everywhere a kid turns there is death.   They've been desensitized to it.  Now I'm not advocating govt control of video games or movies however claiming it plays no role is insane. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Climbing the ropes, dodge ball,  :lol:

Racist, fascist games for sure.  Good riddance!  Remember the physical testing?  OMG!  The horror!

How are we now doing on child obesity rates?  THAT DAMN CHEAP FOOD!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s being reported the shooter was walking the halls yelling the “sheriffs department” trying to get kids to come out of closed classrooms.

Kid obviously had major issues and dad should have never bought him a gun. Odds are he was a gamer playing it out for real.

I agree that the violence in video games and movies are having an impact on how some kids value life or see it as less significant than when we were young.  The have been desensitized to death in general.  

Edited by Highmark

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Racist, fascist games for sure.  Good riddance!  Remember the physical testing?  OMG!  The horror!

O forgot about that!  :lol:

how many figure would pass now ? 

Edited by Cold War

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think it’s become clear that if you can’t reasonably secure your fire arms when you have children in the house, you should share liability.  The days of proudly displaying your well stocked gun cabinet in the living room next to the tv are over.  

Lol so are you saying when I was a kid it was irresponsible for gramps to have a loaded  gun or 2 behind ever door in the house and shop along with the prized ones hanging on the wall ? 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol so are you saying when I was a kid it was irresponsible for gramps to have a loaded  gun or 2 behind ever door in the house and shop along with the prized ones hanging on the wall ? 

No.  When you and I were kids, we knew if we were caught looking funny at it we'd have hell to pay....immediately and there was no recourse for doing shit you were told not to do.  Also, we were held responsible for anyone of our moron friends there too whose parents would give them a beating if they were told they messed with the guns,

We aren't living in those days any longer.  

5 hours ago, Cat45 said:

I think there'd be less shootings if kids could figh each other in the hall like they used to without worryng about major consequences. Now things get bottled up inside untill they explode and people die.

No shit. I was watching the local new last night and a story on not 1 but 2 networks was how there were 2 fights in a week at a local school and how they were going to hold emergency meetings to figure out what is going on and how to stop it.

WTF is going on really ? 

2 fights in a week was pretty normal when I was a kid.  Fight it out then get over it prob smoking a joint together at the next keg bash . 

But I also think a lot of the prob with the 30ish and under crew is none have been punched in the face before . 

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Climbing the ropes, dodge ball,  :lol:

Can you imagine if a modern mom walked in to gym class as saw there spawn climbing a rope to the roof of the gym with nothing but a hard 1 inch mat under the rope lmfao . 😆 fucking heart attack 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Do they even have the presidential physical fitness awards any more ? I remember that shit from grade school you got those sew on patches if you passed all the requirements. I imaging that is some how unfair now days 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No.  When you and I were kids, we knew if we were caught looking funny at it we'd have hell to pay....immediately and there was no recourse for doing shit you were told not to do.  Also, we were held responsible for anyone of our moron friends there too whose parents would give them a beating if they were told they messed with the guns,

We aren't living in those days any longer.  

Lol I had my own guns I could take out and do what I wanted with at the cabin pretty much 400acres of woods from tge time I was 8? But if I wanted more ammo I had to have a decent rodent count to show for it . 

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Do they even have the presidential physical fitness awards any more ? I remember that shit from grade school you got those sew on patches if you passed all the requirements. I imaging that is some how unfair now days 

Oh, I'm sure that shit is long gone.  I remember my daughter telling me she only had gym two or three times a week in middle school and it was an elective in HS.  WOW.  

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol I had my own guns I could take out and do what I wanted with at the cabin pretty much 400acres of woods from tge time I was 8? But if I wanted more ammo I had to have a decent rodent count to show for it . 

Well, for those of us that didn't grow up on a farm...it was different.

6 hours ago, Cat45 said:

I think there'd be less shootings if kids could figh each other in the hall like they used to without worryng about major consequences. Now things get bottled up inside untill they explode and people die.

x2

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

No shit. I was watching the local new last night and a story on not 1 but 2 networks was how there were 2 fights in a week at a local school and how they were going to hold emergency meetings to figure out what is going on and how to stop it.

WTF is going on really ? 

2 fights in a week was pretty normal when I was a kid.  Fight it out then get over it prob smoking a joint together at the next keg bash . 

But I also think a lot of the prob with the 30ish and under crew is none have been punched in the face before . 

Yup,  all there was to do…drink, fuck, fight.   We would have scheduled fights after school, down the road at the soccer field and your ass better of shown up.   It was a good way to raise your social standing…… win or lose. If you put up a good fight.  Had some knock out brawls, that are still talked about to this day. :lol: 

• Like 1