Check your account email address ×

Car sales plunge as chip shortages choke off supply

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Obviously it depends on many factors. 

Right now im working on a 5 year plan to pay off my house. 

I hate loans that people cannot afford , I think its one of the main problems with America. 

I could easily get a loan tmw for a 100k truck but that to me is dumb....never liked leasing either because I like to keep stuff and modify it.... So to me I save cash ans just buy it and work on the next thing. 🤷‍♂️ Works for me and my Wife. 

That's a systemic problem that isn't going to be fixed by individual consumer behavior

• Gold Member
Just now, motonoggin said:

That's a systemic problem that isn't going to be fixed by individual consumer 

Well if you mean the bank shouldnt of gaven them the loan in first place since they are too stupid to realize it then I guess I agree 

• Gold Member
Just now, EvilBird said:

Im the complete opposite 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Although my interior is always fucked from 3 kids ..another reason I keep waiting. 

Ya I just don’t give a shit about my daily. I only do the interior when the bondo dust from my work clothes gets to 1/4” on the dash 😂 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Well if you mean the bank shouldnt of gaven them the loan in first place since they are too stupid to realize it then I guess I agree 

If the banks didn't do that, nothing would sell and the economy would crash. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya I just don’t give a shit about my daily. I only do the interior when the bondo dust from my work clothes gets to 1/4” on the dash 😂 

Its funny I know a lot of Auto body guys that drive beaters cus they are just so over nice paint 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

It will crash anyway when they cant make the payments ...aka 2008 

If wages had kept pace with productivity, it wouldn't be like that. 

This is why communists say capitalists are their own gravediggers. 

• Gold Member
Just now, EvilBird said:

Its funny I know a lot of Auto body guys that drive beaters cus they are just so over nice paint 🤣🤣🤣

Yup that be me 😂  I could care less what it looks like long as it goes a to b and does it cheap. The toys get little more love though.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Yep, but they're nice riding trucks and they're cheap to lease, plenty of power. I got Bluetooth and a backup camera. It's a fucking work truck, not a Sunday driver. 

$600??

Dude I pay 360/month for a crewcab Ram :lol:

Ram still do the 12 mo 10k mi lease? I got my 19 bighorn crew with a 6.5 box not a ez find lol with 9k on it for 30k out the door in 19 with a 5yr warranty.  I was looking at some f150s last week and dealer was offering me 1500 more than I paid for it with 40k more mi on it .

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup that be me 😂  I could care less what it looks like long as it goes a to b and does it cheap. The toys get little more love though.

I hear ya ...ive had plenty of cars like that. 

The Caddy is just something I am attached too.. If i had a brand new truck ill still feel the same about my old girl

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Ram still do the 12 mo 10k mi lease? I got my 19 bighorn crew with a 6.5 box not a ez find lol with 9k on it for 30k out the door in 19 with a 5yr warranty.  I was looking at some f150s last week and dealer was offering me 1500 more than I paid for it with 40k more mi on it .

I don't know. I did 3/36k this time. 

I bet I can make at least 5k on this truck if I flip it :lol:

Trouble is, what do I drive then? Hopefully the lease deals come back in 22. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

If we get a hint of a nice winter coming with some early snow, what’s out there will be scooped up quick leaving many having to buy what’s left.  That’s why I didn’t dawdle when I found mine.    

What did you get?

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I bought a 19 Ram 2500 Bighorn a year ago in June with 6500 miles on it for 39500.  Its got around 23000 miles on it now, and i bet I could sell it for more than I paid for it.  Problem is what do I replace it with?

Absolutely. We just bought our ‘19 expedition lease and instantly had 10g+ in equity.  But the chances of finding another are zero. We are keeping it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gonna dress it up a bit and change a few things but, I’m curious to see how it compares.

:bc:

So it's a 136/7? 

The seat is kinda funky and interesting, not that you're going to be seated for a Sunday drive,but is it comfortable?

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Absolutely. We just bought our ‘19 expedition lease and instantly had 10g+ in equity.  But the chances of finding another are zero. We are keeping it. 

See thats the only way to me a lease ever works...BUY IT....but this year esp was a huge bonus 🍻

Edited by EvilBird

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So it's a 136/7? 

The seat is kinda funky and interesting, not that you're going to be seated for a Sunday drive,but is it comfortable?

I wanted to ask that on the last thread but didnt 🤣 ....dont think i wanna sit wit.my nuts on the tank but maybe its just the picture 

8 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I wanted to ask that on the last thread but didnt 🤣 ....dont think i wanna sit wit.my nuts on the tank but maybe its just the picture 

Im curious if it kinda holds you in a good position with that little bit of a back rest, like a sports car with dope bucket seats..