Check your account email address ×

Elon Musk drives through loophole by launching Tesla on tribal land

28 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Elon definetly is paving the way for other start ups.  Since you don’t really need much of anything from a dealer with an EV’s I see even legacy automakers following Elon’s lead in business practices

Dealers throughout many industries are going to get cut out I'm the future.  Everything from vehicles, recreational vehicles, electronics, and many consumer goods. 

E-commerce connects the manufacturers directly to consumers.  Having some worthless sales person and storefront with huge overheads stuck in the middle of the transaction doesn't help either the manufacturer or the consumer.

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Dealers throughout many industries are going to get cut out I'm the future.  Everything from vehicles, recreational vehicles, electronics, and many consumer goods. 

E-commerce connects the manufacturers directly to consumers.  Having some worthless sales person and storefront with huge overheads stuck in the middle of the transaction doesn't help either the manufacturer or the consumer.

Tesla for example….  Recommended maintenance….  Tire rotation, 2 year cabin air filter replacement (can buy on Amazon), brake fluid check, and like AC system checkup….   Not performing the recommended doesn’t effect the warranty at all.

https://www.tesla.com/support/car-maintenance

dealerships are fast becoming the blacksmith in town that specializes in metal rings for wooden wagon wheels.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Elon definetly is paving the way for other start ups.  Since you don’t really need much of anything from a dealer with an EV’s I see even legacy automakers following Elon’s lead in business practices

Most, but not all dealers, should be ashamed of how they’ve taken advantage of this supply line shortage. Some vehicles are catching a $10k premium over sticker. Fuck em. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Most, but not all dealers, should be ashamed of how they’ve taken advantage of this supply line shortage. Some vehicles are catching a $10k premium over sticker. Fuck em. 

I have been so close to ordering a model 3 long range.  But my gut tells me and forcing me to close the submit order page and wait until the infrastructure package is passed.  But I have an extreme abundance and a large bank of free electricity just sitting there that I will lose in December.  Even if I leave the window open and the central air on I still can’t use all my electricity.  But the incentives that just recently are proposed far out way me giving back electricity so it’s best to wait till next year.

A new model 3 can be bought directly from Tesla for cheaper then used ones a year or so old from dealerships that have acquired them.  Most Ford dealers are marking up Mach E’s and Tesla’s can be had for cheaper then a Mach e with incentive.  I’m sure dealer invoices plus hold backs would put the Mach e prices on par with Tesla and incentives would then make them a no brainer.

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

master of work arounds and fuck you's. LOL

The guy may have just done more for the native Americans than the government has ever done.

Love it

Yessir…good on Elon.👍🏼🇺🇸

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Tesla for example….  Recommended maintenance….  Tire rotation, 2 year cabin air filter replacement (can buy on Amazon), brake fluid check, and like AC system checkup….   Not performing the recommended doesn’t effect the warranty all.

https://www.tesla.com/support/car-maintenance

dealerships are fast becoming the blacksmith in town that specializes in metal rings for wooden wagon wheels.

Yes, the automotive service industry is going to change in the years ahead. Thinking that all you’ll ever have to take a car into a service center for, is that list of things, you’re an idiot. They are still mechanical objects and they will still break. Not to mention people will still crash them so body/paint repair will still be needed too. 

• Gold Member
55 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yes, the automotive service industry is going to change in the years ahead. Thinking that all you’ll ever have to take a car into a service center for, is that list of things, you’re an idiot. They are still mechanical objects and they will still break. Not to mention people will still crash them so body/paint repair will still be needed too. 

Ya.  They have mobile techs that come to you.  And if it is a bigger repair they will take it to one of their service centers.  You won’t have to take it to a dealership to get the work done.  They come to you or come get your vehicle and repair it and get it back to you.

Edited by BOHICA

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If a dumb fuck will pay it can't blame them for charging it . I won't pay it I did not even pay full msrp on the Sxs I ordered this summer and just got . That is for weak people afrade of negotiation or conflict or somthing . Not sure what they are  . But I have never met someone who would not rather make 900 bucks than nothing at all . 

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Ya.  They have mobile techs that come to you.  And if it is a bigger repair they will take it to one of their service centers.  You won’t have to take it to a dealership to get the work done.  They come to you or come get your vehicle and repair it and get it back to you.

You realize their service centers are basically the same thing as a dealership service department, right? You’re splitting hairs here. 

Most of the “repairs” necessary on EVs will be OTA software updates anyway. Hardware issues will need to addressed in “service centers”. 

Not to mention that their will be plenty of other vehicles that will need service for many years to come as well. 

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You realize their service centers are basically the same thing as a dealership service department, right? You’re splitting hairs here. 

Most of the “repairs” necessary on EVs will be OTA software updates anyway. Hardware issues will need to addressed in “service centers”. 

Not to mention that their will be plenty of other vehicles that will need service for many years to come as well. 

Service centers are manufacture owned for the likes of Tesla and Rivian and they also have a showroom you can check out vehicles.  If you like the vehicles you order it.  No inventory.  

That’s the problem to dealers and their lobby is you cut out independent dealers and owners profits on sales and service.

Edited by BOHICA

6 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Where do you see the automotive service industry going in the future? I think better diagnostics are needed. The better trained techs understand this. Many don't. I may be way off base, but I see dealers maintaining an inventory for presentation and demos and not a whole lot more. I think the industry will be similar to Tesla with online ordering and onsite service with the exception of major breakdowns. More guys working out of sprinter vans. What do you think?

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

If a dumb fuck will pay it can't blame them for charging it . I won't pay it I did not even pay full msrp on the Sxs I ordered this summer and just got . That is for weak people afrade of negotiation or conflict or somthing . Not sure what they are  . But I have never met someone who would not rather make 900 bucks than nothing at all . 

Yeah, I wouldn't even consider purchasing a vehicle right now. There's plenty of blame to pass on to the consumer too. The dummies keep buying and the dealers keep gouging. There's some signs based on inventory that many of the dummies bought their vehicles and smart ones are now sitting it out. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Where do you see the automotive service industry going in the future? I think better diagnostics are needed. The better trained techs understand this. Many don't. I may be way off base, but I see dealers maintaining an inventory for presentation and demos and not a whole lot more. I think the industry will be similar to Tesla with online ordering and onsite service with the exception of major breakdowns. More guys working out of sprinter vans. What do you think?

Tfl had a vid I think of a model Y and a rear door handle quit working twice.  Tech came to them both times.  Seems pretty easy and convenient.  I think they just booked the at home service appointment on the app if I recall correctly.

Rivian has said they will be mobile service unless it needs a vehicle lift…. Then they will take it to a service center.

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I have been so close to ordering a model 3 long range.  But my gut tells me and forcing me to close the submit order page and wait until the infrastructure package is passed.  But I have an extreme abundance and a large bank of free electricity just sitting there that I will lose in December.  Even if I leave the window open and the central air on I still can’t use all my electricity.  But the incentives that just recently are proposed far out way me giving back electricity so it’s best to wait till next year.

A new model 3 can be bought directly from Tesla for cheaper then used ones a year or so old from dealerships that have acquired them.  Most Ford dealers are marking up Mach E’s and Tesla’s can be had for cheaper then a Mach e with incentive.  I’m sure dealer invoices plus hold backs would put the Mach e prices on par with Tesla and incentives would then make them a no brainer.

I tested out a Storyteller Overland RV. It's based on the 4x4 MB sprinter 144". They have completely done away with the generator. It uses a propriety based power system by Volta.. It's a 48v system with 12kwh providing 3.6kw of AC power. It can run the onboard air conditioner for 14 hours before the lithium needs recharging. It has the capability to run the AC, induction stove, and microwave all at the same time. 800W of solar on the roof with an auxiliary alternator under the hood that'll change the lithium cores in one hour of driving.  Pretty impressive. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

17 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I agree with all of it. Sales will go to something very similar to Tesla’s. EV service will start off similar to ICE until things get rolling. With OTA programming already a thing, all software updates will be automatically pushed which will take care of a decent amount of service. Diag wants to go that way too (pulling data dumps when situations arise) but it’s really got to work through the security hurdles first. Easier to push info (software updates) than it is to pull data. 

Good luck with skilled techs. Most have either left the field or retired. EVs will help with that though with less content and regular service needs. 

23 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yeah, I wouldn't even consider purchasing a vehicle right now. There's plenty of blame to pass on to the consumer too. The dummies keep buying and the dealers keep gouging. There's some signs based on inventory that many of the dummies bought their vehicles and smart ones are now sitting it out. 

I have an 18 year old niece that needs a vehicle for college/work. She has a good MA job already, and needs something reliable, so hopefully I can find her a decent lease deal. I’m not holding my breath. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Hay days was pretty crazy I never saw so much inventory still sitting around on a Sunday new andvused .  Saw very few sleds or bikes etc gettingbpicked up . Not even real big lines at the pick up my shit lines .

But then not many deals that could not be had any given day on your phone and you don't have to lug the shit around 

On 9/12/2021 at 9:59 AM, racer254 said:

So it's ok for elon musk to use this loophole? 

Yet you are pissed when people use religion as a way to get around having the COVID vaccine.  What a fucking hypocrite.

well when you consider most Americans are Christian religious exemptions are bullshit. 

Should we allow tribes to run little independent countries inside the US borders,  absolutely not, but the comparison is apples and oranges.