Check your account email address ×

Dewormer overdoses overwhelm Oklahoma hospitals

Fuckin horse de wormer….Can you believe these idiots would take this instead of the vaccine?

By PETER WADE 

The rise in people using ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug usually reserved for deworming horses or livestock, as a treatment or preventative for Covid-19 has emergency rooms “so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting” access to health facilities, an emergency room doctor in Oklahoma said. 

This week, Dr. Jason McElyea told KFOR the overdoses are causing backlogs in rural hospitals, leaving both beds and ambulance services scarce. 

“The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated,” McElyea said. 

“All of their ambulances are stuck at the hospital waiting for a bed to open so they can take the patient in and they don’t have any, that’s it,” said McElyea. “If there’s no ambulance to take the call, there’s no ambulance to come to the call” ... 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/gunshot-victims-horse-dewormer-ivermectin-oklahoma-hospitals-covid-1220608/

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Does anyone think this is really happening?? Like seriously people are taking equine versions of ivermectin?? :dunno:

no idea, but considering today's general public...

it's hard not to believe just about anything anymore.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, hayward said:

no idea, but considering today's general public...

it's hard not to believe just about anything anymore.

Just curious, as I frequent stores that would sell this product (like 15-20 a week) so I've asked if this is going on, they looked at me like I had a 3rd eye on my forehead..None even carry it?? Even asked a few customers in Saratoga..Race horse county🐎..

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Just curious, as I frequent stores that would sell this product (like 15-20 a week) so I've asked if this is going on, they looked at me like I had a 3rd eye on my forehead..None even carry it?? Even asked a few customers in Saratoga..Race horse county🐎..

Most common wormer used by horseman, it's the cheapest is the major reason. If a horseman in Saratoga says they don't know what it is they are either lying or stupid. Our local TSC has warning signs about its use for covid, they did put in in the locked case with the more expensive wormers but put it back on the shelf with a warning sign.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Most common wormer used by horseman, it's the cheapest is the major reason. If a horseman in Saratoga says they don't know what it is they are either lying or stupid. Our local TSC has warning signs about its use for covid, they did put in in the locked case with the more expensive wormers but put it back on the shelf with a warning sign.

And you didn't snap a pic??:dunno:..:lol:

I don't go to box store's, I go to places that are local family owned places, places that are reputable and have been in business for decades upon decades..if you think TSC is a place "horsemen" frequent it's no wonder you believe what the media tells you..:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

And you didn't snap a pic??:dunno:..:lol:

I don't go to box store's, I go to places that are local family owned places, places that are reputable and have been in business for decades upon decades..if you think TSC is a place "horsemen" frequent it's no wonder you believe what the media tells you..:thumbsup:

No, why would I?  

Well I owned and raced standard bred  horses for years, if you think that horsemen don't buy from TSC you are truly clueless, they will buy where ever things are cheapest and will buy from places like TSC when they run out of credit from local stores.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ACE said:

If doctors were allowed to prescribe it then proper doses would be taken.  This is on the government. 

Why would doctors prescribe dewormer for something as simple as a cold??? The alt right is COVID crazy me thinks

28 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No, why would I?  

Well I owned and raced standard bred  horses for years, if you think that horsemen don't buy from TSC you are truly clueless, they will buy where ever things are cheapest and will buy from places like TSC when they run out of credit from local stores.

Lol, sounds good man

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Does anyone think this is really happening?? Like seriously people are taking equine versions of ivermectin?? :dunno:

I don’t know anyone but then again lots of people still believe In collusion so idk 

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

Why would doctors prescribe dewormer for something as simple as a cold??? The alt right is COVID crazy me thinks

Try that again but try making sense this time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Yes. Other than delivery method, equine is an oral paste, I believe it is the same chemical. Where the problem comes in is dosage, a tube will do a 1200 LB, hard to measure a human dose accurately.

46 minutes ago, ACE said:

I don’t know anyone but then again lots of people still believe In collusion so idk 

And you probably have the largest farm on the frigging site..

28 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes. Other than delivery method, equine is an oral paste, I believe it is the same chemical. Where the problem comes in is dosage, a tube will do a 1200 LB, hard to measure a human dose accurately.

Cool story!!

32 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

When I first heard this story, I read up on it a little, supposedly there is something added to work with a horses digestive system that causes serious issues, that and the paste for horses is apple flavored...😂

11 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

When I first heard this story, I read up on it a little, supposedly there is something added to work with a horses digestive system that causes serious issues, that and the paste for horses is apple flavored...😂

Not all is apple flavored. I use it still as I have 6 horses.  I wouldn't be afraid to take it if I had the human version, it worked well helping a horse I have with chronic Lyme disease.  It works in horses by removing the the film from around the worm and the horses own immune system kills the worm, it also seems to stimulate the immune system. 

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

No, this isn't fucking happening like the liberal media is pushing.  Everyone knows this.  It is evident with how these dipshits keep making up new topics rather than continuing with the old ones?  It is all because the old ones start to list FACTS and NUMBERS that disprove it. 

Northeastern Hospital System Sequoyah issued a statement: Although Dr. Jason McElyea is not an employee of NHS Sequoyah, he is affiliated with a medical staffing group that provides coverage for our emergency room. With that said, Dr. McElyea has not worked at our Sallisaw location in over 2 months. NHS Sequoyah has not treated any patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose. All patients who have visited our emergency room have received medical attention as appropriate. Our hospital has not had to turn away any patients seeking emergency care. We want to reassure our community that our staff is working hard to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify this issue and as always, we value our community’s support.”

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Fuckin horse de wormer….Can you believe these idiots would take this instead of the vaccine?

By PETER WADE 

The rise in people using ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug usually reserved for deworming horses or livestock, as a treatment or preventative for Covid-19 has emergency rooms “so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting” access to health facilities, an emergency room doctor in Oklahoma said. 

This week, Dr. Jason McElyea told KFOR the overdoses are causing backlogs in rural hospitals, leaving both beds and ambulance services scarce. 

“The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated,” McElyea said. 

“All of their ambulances are stuck at the hospital waiting for a bed to open so they can take the patient in and they don’t have any, that’s it,” said McElyea. “If there’s no ambulance to take the call, there’s no ambulance to come to the call” ... 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/gunshot-victims-horse-dewormer-ivermectin-oklahoma-hospitals-covid-1220608/

Fucking guthooked.

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes 

Sorry to hear Oklahoma is out of bleach. 

This is a special breed of stupid we're seeing.

Fucking guthooked.

12 hours ago, HSR said:

Big fucking guthooked.