Check your account email address ×

Delta Airlines - $200/mo extra for unvaxxed employees health insurance

11 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Delta Air Lines will make unvaccinated employees pay charge | KSTP.com

So when do the Obese, Smokers, etc etc have to pay more because you made an unhealthy decision??  Fucking bullshit.

There's several insurance companies that do raise rates for unhealthy behaviors such as smoking.  Being fat cost more too but it's tabulated differently. 

Oh I know what you are getting at.  It is quite the precedent.  The company I work for started doing annual checkups about 10 years ago - saved me from having to pay for that physical myself, and provided everyone with a clear picture of where all their "vitals" were in relation to BAD HEALTH choices.  But the people who were over weight, the smokers, all wanted to be sure that information wasn't used against them.   I guess that's not how its going to work anymore.

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Oh I know what you are getting at.  It is quite the precedent.  The company I work for started doing annual checkups about 10 years ago - saved me from having to pay for that physical myself, and provided everyone with a clear picture of where all their "vitals" were in relation to BAD HEALTH choices.  But the people who were over weight, the smokers, all wanted to be sure that information wasn't used against them.   I guess that's not how its going to work anymore.

Been that way up here for a long time

You get a medical before you get on a benefits plan. For life insurance, smokers pay more, high blood pressure pays more etc.

Seems only fair.

No jab, fat smoker gonna pay up the wazoo!

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Can smokers sneeze on you and give you lung cancer?

Can obese people cough on you and give you heart disease?

Etc etc etc

See how it works is actuaries do a bunch of mathematics, calculate and formulate the costs of a percentage of their employees being unable to work and what it could possibly cost their company in lost productivity and revenue and make a non-political business decision.

Or, maybe it's because all these big corporations are filled with Trump hating democrats.  

:lol:

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Can smokers sneeze on you and give you lung cancer?

Can obese people cough on you and give you heart disease?

Etc etc etc

See how it works is actuaries do a bunch of mathematics, calculate and formulate the costs of a percentage of their employees being unable to work and what it could possibly cost their company in lost productivity and revenue and make a non-political business decision.

Or, maybe it's because all these big corporations are filled with Trump hating democrats.  

:lol:

Politics aside - I fully understand how those calculations are done.  I guess I have never worked for someone that makes decisions on health costs by person, by their pre-existing conditions. 

Politics inside - Isn't that something that certain political party didn't want to be used as part of the calculation?  Existing or not yet existing conditions?

Edited by Mag6240

Let’s look at it a little different way.

So because I have a healthy immune system, and was able to battle the Covid without a shot - I should have to pay an extra $200/mo?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Let’s look at it a little different way.

So because I have a healthy immune system, and was able to battle the Covid without a shot - I should have to pay an extra $200/mo?

That still depends upon if you work for Delta airlines or not.

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Insurance, of any form, is one of the biggest scams in the modern world. Thanks to it, it is also pretty much needed because the cost of everything it covers is usually extremely expensive. 

You and I are in total agreement on this... One hundred and ten percent.

It's truly extortion that makes the mafia's actions in this country over history look like a misdemeanor.  

• Like 1

Interesting read.

In June and July 2021, COVID-19 hospitalizations among unvaccinated adults cost the U.S. health system over $2 Billion

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/unvaccinated-covid-patients-cost-the-u-s-health-system-billions-of-dollars/

Edited by akvanden

17 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Interesting read.

In June and July 2021, COVID-19 hospitalizations among unvaccinated adults cost the U.S. health system over $2 Billion

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/unvaccinated-covid-patients-cost-the-u-s-health-system-billions-of-dollars/

$2 billion?

Peanuts.

We now speak in trillion$