Check your account email address ×

US reaches deal with Taliban on evacuations

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Phenom said:

So in this scenario, we’re they casually forced to leave, or were they rushed on their own behest to get on any ship before it left port?

For most , no ship required as the majority ended up in Canada.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:43 AM, Mainecat said:

Trump had a peace agreement? 

Yes.  Likely not worth the paper its written on but there was an agreement signed. 

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

Edited by Highmark

On 8/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, SkisNH said:

You weak mother fucker...you see this as a win? We left 100's of billions in equipment,  abandoned our allies whom also spent there blood and treasure. Spit in the face of every soldier that served.  Allowed Woman to be burned in the streets....and you think it's neat that they let us use the airport.  

Go fuck Janet Mills you moron. 

Before the pullout, when were you playing to ship out for Afghanistan? 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Before the pullout, when were you playing to ship out for Afghanistan? 

While its true I didn't serve, the men I know who did feel the same. Secondly, they know that they are a volunteer force, nobody drafted them. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

So another 20 years. Gotcha. 

Never said anything even close to that.

However,  your specious argument between what we got and 20 years won't work on most thinking individuals.  It makes you look like a fool. 

If you can't imagine an exit that pulled out our civilian population and Afghan partners first...I can't help you.

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Never said anything even close to that.

However,  your specious argument between what we got and 20 years won't work on most thinking individuals.  It makes you look like a fool. 

If you can't imagine an exit that pulled out our civilian population and Afghan partners first...I can't help you.

I don’t have any real soft spot for the Afghans. As for Americans. Most will get out. Some won’t. 

I love how the news channels are trotting out vets whose hearts are bleeding for the Afgans who assisted them. My army son has been to both Afghanistan and Iraq and neither he or his battle buddies who I’ve met had any good things to say about the Afgans or Iraqis…so take it for what it’s worth. I have no personal beef with the citizens of either country, but hey, it’s your country and you need to make the best of it. Good luck. 

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I love how the news channels are trotting out vets whose hearts are bleeding for the Afgans who assisted them. My army son has been to both Afghanistan and Iraq and neither he or his battle buddies who I’ve met had any good things to say about the Afgans or Iraqis…so take it for what it’s worth. I have no personal beef with the citizens of either country, but hey, it’s your country and you need to make the best of it. Good luck. 

Yep.  The msm love to find the vets who felt they were in some sort of peace corps with bleeding hearts.  These are the same ones that expect “thanks” for their service.  Ughhh.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Taliban will hold the Americans for the release of frozen assets. On the order of $9 billion. 

And yet you congratulated Biden for his plan....you're a strange dude.

7 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Pretty much what I hear. Many that were there feel the agriculture techniques taught and general education of kids and young adults were the high points. 

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

And yet you congratulated Biden for his plan....you're a strange dude.

Give em their money and get the Americans out. It’s the reason they froze it in the first place. Bargaining chip. Biden is the first president in 20 years that had the ball skin to say enough already. Trump was fucking worthless 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Give em their money and get the Americans out. It’s the reason they froze it in the first place. Bargaining chip. Biden is the first president in 20 years that had the ball skin to say enough already. Trump was fucking worthless 

Children say the darndest things...

27 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I don’t have any real soft spot for the Afghans. As for Americans. Most will get out. Some won’t. 

I thought you just went to dinner last night with some of your Afghan buddies.?:dunno:

16 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Exactly what my local news is doing.  His heart bleeds for his Afghan brothers .  
I understand it though, my Dad is a Vietnam veteran.   Him and his fellow veterans need to believe what they did was noble.  It is the only  way they can cope with the trauma they endured.